R.I. Gov. Chafee and coalition launch...

R.I. Gov. Chafee and coalition launch campaign to legalize gay marriage in R.I. this year / Video

There are 2 comments on the The Providence Journal story from Jan 14, 2013, titled R.I. Gov. Chafee and coalition launch campaign to legalize gay marriage in R.I. this year / Video. In it, The Providence Journal reports that:

Governor Chafee and other prominent politicians on Monday morning called for swift passage of legislation allowing gay couples to marry in Rhode Island.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Providence Journal.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Jan 14, 2013
Another prominent Republican who had to dump the party because of their antiquated views.

Bravo Gov Chafee!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2 Jan 14, 2013
New England Republicans have never been in tune with the national party. Unfortunately, during that whole Tea Party fiasco of 2010, the formerly reasonable Republicans were either coopted or replaced.

New Hampshire is the bellweather of the result of that infiltration: The once red state is now turning blue from purple. The rest of New England has always been blue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rhode Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shortage of women in rhode island! (May '12) Jul 4 hibrainwtf 2
Marriage, children laws Jul 4 beachhsm 1
What is wrong with the "system" Jul 4 hellori 3
News Ri Dcyf suspends program with 'scared straight'... (Jan '11) Jul 4 boxcar044 5
Why are Social Workers so mean Jul 4 boxcar044 2
News Rhode Island May Use DNA to Track Students; Fed... (Jul '14) May '15 CountryMan 2
Ways to Make Money (Feb '13) Mar '15 Anonymous 2
More from around the web