Code Orange Air Alert for 4 Pennsylva...

Code Orange Air Alert for 4 Pennsylvania Areas

There are 58 comments on the YourErie story from Aug 8, 2012, titled Code Orange Air Alert for 4 Pennsylvania Areas. In it, YourErie reports that:

8 to be code Orange for ozone in four regions across the state, the Department of Environmental Protection announced today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at YourErie.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#42 Sep 21, 2012
USS GOON wrote:
sorry, Chinese
No points off for spelling or even for ignorance generally. Poison gas sometimes leaks -- and when it does Justice even prevails in a shithole! Anyway....if you have only half a mind to work in a uss/usw shithole that is at least twice what any shithole bum ever had.
Yuppp_

Pittsburgh, PA

#43 Sep 25, 2012
Rasputin,

I'm just curious... How does the government fund US Steel? If your argument is tariffs, well nearly every industry in the USA is protected by them. I just don't really understand your argument. You make a lot of claims, but never evidence to back them up.
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#44 Sep 25, 2012
Yuppp_ wrote:
Rasputin,
I'm just curious... How does the government fund US Steel? If your argument is tariffs, well nearly every industry in the USA is protected by them. I just don't really understand your argument. You make a lot of claims, but never evidence to back them up.
Import quotas, tariffs, tolerance of a putrid health safety and environmental record -- all of which serve to promote obsolete technology, breakdown maintenance, use of inferior equipment and generally impede progress. The product quality of those useless old shitholes is a JOKE -- obsolete technology, breakdown maintenance and inferior equipment will do that....just as it is largely responsible for the putrid health safety and environmental record.

No one ever bothers to explain the virtues of obsolete technology, breakdown maintenance and equipment that belongs in the junkyard. I am sure though that the usw will come up with numerous "conspiracy theories" and other fantasies -- so their membership can focus on their only true area of expertise....GETTING DRUNK.
Yuppp_

Pittsburgh, PA

#45 Sep 26, 2012
The health, safety, and environmental records of US Steel, and USA Steel companies in general are astounding compared to other countries. The government heavily regulations environmental impact and within the mills environment is second only to safety. The safety records within the Mon Valley Works that you so dreadfully hate are rather impressive actually. When compared to other areas, I think of an example in Italy from the ThyrusenKrupp group. They had an entire plant shut down because safety was so bad there.

Environmentally, China is the worst polluting country there is from a manufacturing standpoint. Chinese cities are like what Pittsburgh was fifty years ago.

Equipment is such a huge capital investment that there is no need for a lot of investment in it when there are still profits being made. Sure, a lot of it is out of date, but they still produce good, quality steel.

I don't know what your hate for the company is or where it stems from, but killing the industry like you imply would devastate the Pittsburgh economy. Thousands work for the company, from Union workers to management to headquarters employees. Any job loss in this economy is bad, but to put that many out of work would crumble this economy.

I'd enjoy a response from you that is actually legible without inappropriate words every three words. Then perhaps we could have an actual conversation.
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
Import quotas, tariffs, tolerance of a putrid health safety and environmental record -- all of which serve to promote obsolete technology, breakdown maintenance, use of inferior equipment and generally impede progress. The product quality of those useless old shitholes is a JOKE -- obsolete technology, breakdown maintenance and inferior equipment will do that....just as it is largely responsible for the putrid health safety and environmental record.
No one ever bothers to explain the virtues of obsolete technology, breakdown maintenance and equipment that belongs in the junkyard. I am sure though that the usw will come up with numerous "conspiracy theories" and other fantasies -- so their membership can focus on their only true area of expertise....GETTING DRUNK.
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#46 Sep 26, 2012
Yuppp_ wrote:
The health, safety, and environmental records of US Steel, and USA Steel companies in general are astounding compared to other countries. The government heavily regulations environmental impact and within the mills environment is second only to safety. The safety records within the Mon Valley Works that you so dreadfully hate are rather impressive actually. When compared to other areas, I think of an example in Italy from the ThyrusenKrupp group. They had an entire plant shut down because safety was so bad there.
Environmentally, China is the worst polluting country there is from a manufacturing standpoint. Chinese cities are like what Pittsburgh was fifty years ago.
Equipment is such a huge capital investment that there is no need for a lot of investment in it when there are still profits being made. Sure, a lot of it is out of date, but they still produce good, quality steel.
I don't know what your hate for the company is or where it stems from, but killing the industry like you imply would devastate the Pittsburgh economy. Thousands work for the company, from Union workers to management to headquarters employees. Any job loss in this economy is bad, but to put that many out of work would crumble this economy.
I'd enjoy a response from you that is actually legible without inappropriate words every three words. Then perhaps we could have an actual conversation.
<quoted text>
Since you have chosen to spew more propaganda from uss/usw, what you would enjoy or consider appropriate has no merit -- just as the promotion of obsolete technology, breakdown maintenance and government life support has no merit. The statement that this would "crumble the economy" is just more hysteria from that shithole of all shitholes -- aka the union hall. Getting rid of those useless old shitholes would only eliminate those goddamned filthy shithole bums and their hangers on -- and put an end to the fantasies that they are "steelworkers" or have ever produced anything besides garbage, poison gas and, of course, corpses. Once these bums and their shitholes are gone, MODERN coal-based industries the only kind worth having can be developed along with a better breed of people -- without the bolshevist influence of the usw.

Hatred of these goddamned filthy shithole bums? That has nothing to do with the environment or the economy....It's something a LOT older and much more corny.....

"THOU SHALT NOT KILL!" Ever hear of that one?

I'd rather be on the side of the victims than these communist assassins.
Yuppp_

Pittsburgh, PA

#48 Sep 27, 2012
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have chosen to spew more propaganda from uss/usw, what you would enjoy or consider appropriate has no merit -- just as the promotion of obsolete technology, breakdown maintenance and government life support has no merit. The statement that this would "crumble the economy" is just more hysteria from that shithole of all shitholes -- aka the union hall. Getting rid of those useless old shitholes would only eliminate those goddamned filthy shithole bums and their hangers on -- and put an end to the fantasies that they are "steelworkers" or have ever produced anything besides garbage, poison gas and, of course, corpses. Once these bums and their shitholes are gone, MODERN coal-based industries the only kind worth having can be developed along with a better breed of people -- without the bolshevist influence of the usw.
Hatred of these goddamned filthy shithole bums? That has nothing to do with the environment or the economy....It's something a LOT older and much more corny.....
"THOU SHALT NOT KILL!" Ever hear of that one?
I'd rather be on the side of the victims than these communist assassins.
Rasputin,

Your argument still fails to hold any merit. You make outrageous claims without a single statistic or analysis to back them up. That is the discussion I'm attempting to have with you. It is of no importance to me if you like or do not like the culture and people in the area. What I'm curious of is what evidence you have of the claims you make. You still have yet to produce any.

By the way, I'm not a USW union member, never have been, never will be. I simply live in the region.

Lastly, your claim that it wouldn't crush the local economy also holds no merit. Put thousands out of work. Not to mention those down the supply chains, the reduction of truck traffic in the vicinity and everywhere from gas stations, restaurants, hotels, et cetera would fail. If you're going to have outrageous claims, back them up with statistics.
S Holmes

Homestead, PA

#49 Sep 27, 2012
Well well well Rasputin. Did you change you're name? You sound an awful lot like "Chopper" from the "boro workers" thread. Hates unions, repeats the same insults over and over and loves the word "bum". A dick by any other name is still a dick. Someone check the "boro workers" thread and see if you come to the same conclusion.

Since: May 10

Mckeesport, PA

#50 Oct 6, 2012
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a better choice.....Cut off the government life support to those useless old shitholes of uss-usw and consign them to dynamite and the wrecking ball. Most of those goddamned filthy shithole bums will simply drink themselve to death or can be left to starve.
Then we can evolve MODERN coal-based industries with a much better class of people.....now......
DOESN'T THAT SOUND A LOT BETTER?
Modern coal based industry, you really are an asshole the Clairton Works is in the midst of a BILLION dollar improvement building NEW COKE OVENS. Not the kind you use to cook up your crack before you make these asinine posts. Did you get fired from US Steel is that you make these retarded posts?
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#51 Oct 7, 2012
KNOW 1 CARES wrote:
<quoted text>
Modern coal based industry, you really are an asshole the Clairton Works is in the midst of a BILLION dollar improvement building NEW COKE OVENS. Not the kind you use to cook up your crack before you make these asinine posts. Did you get fired from US Steel is that you make these retarded posts?
You would have done much better and saved a great deal of money just to consign those useless old shitholes to dynamite and the wrecking ball. Then consumers could buy REAL coke/steel from foreign steel companies -- the only REAL ones -- manufactured in state-of-the-art plants instead of the garbage you make in your shitholes. The long term benefits of this are obvious in that it would also eliminate the garbage employed in these shitholes, along with their whores and scurvy bastard litters

That also would mean fewer bums to support and vote for obummer -- their shithole bum-in-chief
Boycott Rasputin

Mckeesport, PA

#52 Oct 7, 2012
The Ras is a fake.
Rasputin sux

Uniontown, PA

#53 Oct 7, 2012
...and a fraud, as well!
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#54 Oct 8, 2012
Boycott Rasputin wrote:
The Ras is a fake.
Just one more thing that these goddamned filthy shithole bums can fail at. Leave steel production to foreigners who spend the money for modern technology and are properly equipped. Devote your funds to your only TRUE area of expertise....GETTING DRUNK!!!

After all, without you goddamned filthy shithole bums, obummer could never have become bum-in-chief of obummerland.
Rasputin sux

Uniontown, PA

#55 Oct 9, 2012
...like any garden-variety, goddamned filthy shithole bum!
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#56 Oct 10, 2012
Rasputin sux wrote:
...like any garden-variety, goddamned filthy shithole bum!
The only "good" goddamned filthy shithole bum is a DEAD goddamned filthy shithole bum!

KILL 'EM ALL!!!!
Rasputin sux

Uniontown, PA

#57 Oct 10, 2012
As long as they start- and finish- with you, fool.
Boycott the Nut

Mckeesport, PA

#58 Oct 10, 2012
This creature is a fruit cake.
Nitupsar

Mckeesport, PA

#59 Oct 11, 2012
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one more thing that these goddamned filthy shithole bums can fail at. Leave steel production to foreigners who spend the money for modern technology and are properly equipped. Devote your funds to your only TRUE area of expertise....GETTING DRUNK!!!
After all, without you goddamned filthy shithole bums, obummer could never have become bum-in-chief of obummerland.
why does your mother camp outside the plant entrance?
huh

Pittsburgh, PA

#60 Oct 11, 2012
rasputin cannot make up his mind! all posts say thou shall not kill! then "kill them all" you sound like a bitter old man who hasnt been laid in years!!! get a job! get a woman! and get a life! my grandpap was a steel worker his whole life and he would laugh his ass off in your face if you where man enough to say your real name!! so just stop. all you are doing is giving the people on topix something to laugh at!! noone can take you seriously when you contradict yourself so often!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennsylvania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Case Finally Closed on '65 UFO Mystery? (Nov '09) 1 hr Derry PA 2
Mothers Day Fathers Day & More Check It Out Apr 21 enticingmoment 1
News Pelosi stages 8-hour speech to push for vote fo... Apr 19 Jello Pudding 22
News For cops who want to help ICE crack down on ill... Apr 19 Quirky 60
McDonald's charging tax on tea? (Mar '09) Apr 17 raven1233 32
Any bi or gay teens near Pittsburgh pa (May '17) Apr 16 Open to all 28
News Democrats brace for more Trump name-calling as ... Apr 16 INFIDEL 74