I can see why there is no black people in Oregon

Posted in the Oregon Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of581
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Carlos

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 7, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Although I have been to many forums this one seems to be the most negative "by far" of oregon.Also when looking around and looking at all of the posts 99% seem to be about immigration even though Oregon does not have any real immigration problems.I mean come on Oregon has more posts about immigration than Florida and california.Whats up with that?

I now understand why there is no black people in Oregon.
rod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 7, 2007
 
The reason we have a immigration problem is because gov. arnonld is putting his foot down on illegals and they are moving north to oregon and washington, our oregon governor does'nt care.
Brett

Longview, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 7, 2007
 
Carlos, we have been very kind to you. We have given you a wealth of information, not all rosy like you want to hear, but the truth.

You believe Newport Oregon is Nirvana and you will go there because its not like Miami. As I've told you before, you cannot compare Newport to Miami, horses of a different color.

On another thread you mentioned that you called many places in Newport and they were all nice. Here on the west coast that is what we expect. Its called customer service, unlike the rude attitudes of east coasters. You've stated us Oregonians just don't want you here. Not all of us live in Oregon so you are making generalizations and nasty remarks instead of being grateful for information you won't find on web pages.

Your dream that you and your wife can move to Newport without any skills and make a living waiting tables is totally unrealistic. The jobs are seasonal.

Maybe Oregon doesn't need any more people coming to suck up the unemployment fund and welfare funds and that's exactly what you will be doing after summer is over.

How dare you say there are no black people here. You are very naive.
Carlos

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 7, 2007
 
brett you misunderstand me I relize you have been nice to me and I respect and listen to everything you tell me.You are very imformitive and I dont mind learning the truth.but not all people here have been polite.I veiw you as a blogging buddy.I have no problems with you.It is true that Oregon has a very small black population but I admit I went a little to far with that statement and I am sorry.I have to be honest though i tried to get three of my black freinds to go with us there to visit but they think people are racist there.I tried to convince them that its not true and people in oregon are nice open minded people just some people on this blog are almost changing my mind."not you brett"Not you Rod" Rod I was not aware that the california govonor was cracking down and they are flocking to Oregon.Thatnks for letting me know.I know there is no real issues right now "at least in my prospective" but it might be a problem soon if that is the case.
Carlos

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 7, 2007
 
Brett ok I am talking your word for it about the issues with seasonal jobs.I never said you where wrong.all i did was post my investigational experiences.I have no Idea why you take offence to that.ok there are no jobs in newport does corvallis have jobs?its only 40 min away Does Eugene have jobs? its like 3 hours drive right? I used to drive 3 hours to work 33 miles. my commute now is over an hour 12 miles.I can commute to Eugene and corvallis do they have jobs?
Brett

Longview, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 8, 2007
 
Carlos,

99% of the people in Oregon are very open minded people. It is a very progressive thinking state, well ahead of its time with respect to many moral issues.

There are racists everywhere. It doesn't matter where you go. It is less pronounced in Oregon because of the fewer minorities. I think those of Hispanic descent or those who look Hispanic would probably face more discrimination in Oregon than anyone with African ancestry. Why, you may ask?

Because of the flood of illegals into the state from Mexico and California. Its not that Oregonians are racists or hate persons from other cultures, its that this huge influx has really strained an already empty state coffer. As I've said before, almost the entire tax base comes from workers in the form of income tax and from property owners. So if you work and own a home, you foot the bill for everyone else.

Business taxes are almost nonexistent in Oregon. Why don't businesses flock to Oregon? Because the transportation system is sooooo bad. Portland is THE port. Schools are so bad people don't want to bring their families here,and because not everyone fishes, hikes, hunts and camps.

Housing prices have skyrocketed which is good for those cashing in, but really bad for those trying to raise families. Housing prices were driven up by Californians coming in and buying up all available property, hence one reason for Oregonians' resentment of outsiders. Most jobs are service industry jobs and they just don't pay the rent.

Oregon was once rich in timber and fishing industries. Regulation (which some was good and necessary) borne of tree huggers and do gooders (save the Spotted Owl which we now know was never even endangered) totally wrecked havoc on these industries. Federal laws were enacted which overrode all Oregon common sense. Oregonians resent that and with good reason.

“Shallow introspection”

Since: Jan 07

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 8, 2007
 
Carlos, you need to think about Portland if you want to find black people. I have an impression that that city is becoming a majority of black.
rod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 8, 2007
 
Carlos,your last statment you made is so true.
OregonMisery

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 8, 2007
 
Carlos wrote:
I now understand why there is no black people in Oregon.
There are some black people in Oregon but they aren't treated very well. When the bball players get into trouble, there's always an undercurrent of racism at ye olde water cooler.

OK, that's my opinion but remember that Oregon is living in the last century...would you want to be black in the 1950s in the USA?

I'll say it again, outside of Portland city center, Oregon is a BACKWATER. It's a piece of Mississippi or Alabama transplanted into a rain forest.

All the visions of Oregon are:

1. nature with few or no people in it to mess it up
2. Portland city center

The rest is just alternatively frightening or disgusting.
OregonMisery

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 8, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Brett wrote:
Its not that Oregonians are racists or hate persons from other cultures
OK now that part is patently absurd. Read the many threads where Oregonians tell everyone to get the heck out of the state LOL.

Hate is dripping from Oregon. Some of it is just resentment from living in the shadow of California but most of it is just racism and xenophobia.

All of it IMO stems from the basic problem of this state: it can't support itself. It can't support itself because Oregonians are all depressed which leads to anger and resentment. Oregonians are all depressed because there is something really wrong with the state.

I think someone should try for a government grant to try and figure out just what is wrong with Oregon. Maybe it can be cured with an antibiotic.
OregonMisery

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 8, 2007
 
Carlos wrote:
Brett ok I am talking your word for it about the issues with seasonal jobs.I never said you where wrong.all i did was post my investigational experiences.I have no Idea why you take offence to that.ok there are no jobs in newport does corvallis have jobs?its only 40 min away Does Eugene have jobs? its like 3 hours drive right? I used to drive 3 hours to work 33 miles. my commute now is over an hour 12 miles.I can commute to Eugene and corvallis do they have jobs?
Oregon, maybe because it's one of two states where it's illegal to pump your own gas (!), often has the highest gasoline prices in the country.

If you can afford it, consider one of the subcompacts.

Why don't you try Las Vegas. It is booming and it's sunny. There are a gazillion wait jobs there and you could look to BUY a house. You should consider getting a mortgage while the getting is still good.
RNR in Coos Bay

Coos Bay, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 8, 2007
 
I know things are still running behind in backwoods Oregon However I think it is important to point out the our (elected) County Sheriff is black.
Yes racism is everywhere but be cautious not to label entire areas.
Carlos

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 8, 2007
 
oregon misery I dont like the sun.You should know that.I prefer overcast cool humid weather.If you do research that is the healthiest for people.Oregon weather is ideal for long life.Second of all I know about Oregon gas prices.I also know that you can not pump your own gas.I think its actually a good thing because they keep your oil up to date.Oregon has high gas prices but they are about even with the gas prices in Miami.Florida has high gas prices too.Like Oregon Florida is a coastal corner state.You have a map? Also everytime we get a hurricane in Florida the gas prices are out of this world expensive for several months thats if your lucky enough to even find gas.
Carlos

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 8, 2007
 
RnR That is music to My ears that there is an elected Blck sherriff in Oregon.What county is that?he is in the coos bay area right? That provves to me what I had originally thought. Orgonians are open minded and considerate people.Oregon is like 90% white and %2 black or somthing like that right? That is awsome that a black man got elected. GO OREGON !!!!
Sho-well

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 9, 2007
 
I'm a black person new to Oregon. So far the people have been nice to me. Although there are some who foolishly address you as if you are a stereotype and don't think nothing of it. Guess they just watch too many damn videos.
Carlos

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 9, 2007
 
sho well three of my black freinds are nevouse to go to Oregon "one of them hatian". I told them they have nothing to be nervouse about. What would you say to them ? I want them to go with us so we can rent a nice vacation home on the coast.They are not going to live there,just visit.Its rediculouse for them to be nervouse right?
OregonMisery

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 9, 2007
 
Carlos wrote:
oregon misery I dont like the sun.You should know that.I prefer overcast cool humid weather.If you do research that is the healthiest for people.Oregon weather is ideal for long life.Second of all I know about Oregon gas prices.I also know that you can not pump your own gas.I think its actually a good thing because they keep your oil up to date.Oregon has high gas prices but they are about even with the gas prices in Miami.Florida has high gas prices too.Like Oregon Florida is a coastal corner state.You have a map? Also everytime we get a hurricane in Florida the gas prices are out of this world expensive for several months thats if your lucky enough to even find gas.
Carlos, my head aches when I read your posts.

You're not only taking yourself with you into the abyss, you're taking your wife, your child your friends with you. That is selfish beyond belief.

Why don't you settle first in the worst state in the Union that is Oregon, make a nest egg and then invite others to join you? That would be the decent thing to do IMO.

Are you coming to Oregon because you think you can get on the dole? Is that what all of your nonsense is about or are you just delusional? You can't afford $1000/month rent for 3 people but you are planning on moving clear across the country without a firm job and a place to live?

Really?

How irresponsible is that?

(smacking head) I can see why you wish to move to Oregon, you don't think. That would be typical of Oregonians.
Carlos

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 9, 2007
 
Oregon misery chill bro. stop trying me!!! there is no need to get me roudy. you don't want too.

..."beleave that"...

Stop trying to act hard on a forum."That is for hermits and lil girls,Im sure you know that".You do not understand my situation here.You do not know a thing about Miami at all. Sure you might know more about Oregon than me but again you know nothing about Miami.However at least I have been studying Oregon for the past six years and know not everything but I know alot.I have at least an idea on how they compare.You have no clue.

You said that I plan on going to Oregon with no job. What makes you think that mister smarty pants?In fact I was planning to possibly haveing two jobs,and two more so I can choose two. My wife will have a few set up too so she can take a pick.

I already have three possible communities in Newport where I have approval.$500 a month for a 2br 1 bth 900 sq ft apt and a 1,200 sq ft 2br 2 bth townhouse.for $800 a month.

I checked I my car insurence will me less than half of what I pay now.When I get hired I will be sure and ask while recording their voice with a phone recorder "thats called street smart" if they lay people off during off season.If they lie to me I can take them to court and pocket myself some money.If they dont lie to me than great I will have a seasonal job on the coast. If they tell me they do lay people off than I will get a job in corvallis or maybe Eugene and simply commute.

I know your not going to tell me there is no jobs in a small city of nearly a half a million people. Like I said before I can handle up to a three hour commute.As for a waiting job.I choose that line of work because I enjoy it.Not because I have too.For your info I have a drafting licence as a back up.I was a drafter but its painfully boring and it pays only $10 an hour in Miami.in oregon it pays $18 an hour so I might consider it.
Carlos

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 9, 2007
 
oh I forgot to mention I have our tax money which is $5,200. I am not going to touch that Money. If I see that I have to take money out of that to pay $1,100 a month rent than that is when I will get the jobs lined up and put everything we own in my volvo sation wagon "Which will fit" and head out to oregon. If I dont than I will spend all my tax money and eventually end up in a local shanty town probably by august.

Oregon Might be struggling but the entire united states is stuggling too and many states are stuggling alot worse than Oregon.Oh and for your information No place in the united states can I rent a 2 br apartment for $500 a month exept for detriot and ohio and none apeal to me for many reasons.I can tell you that they have many more problems than Oregon and talk about bad weather its 10 below zero and even cloudier and darker than Oregon is right now.

Brett don't get it twisted none of this is directed to you my freind. I apreciate negative facts but I dont accept foolish negative opinions like the ones from Oregon misery.
OregonMisery

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 9, 2007
 
Carlos wrote:
Oregon misery chill bro. stop trying me!!! there is no need to get me roudy. you don't want too.
..."beleave that"...
Stop trying to act hard on a forum."That is for hermits and lil girls,Im sure you know that".You do not understand my situation here.You do not know a thing about Miami at all. Sure you might know more about Oregon than me but again you know nothing about Miami.However at least I have been studying Oregon for the past six years and know not everything but I know alot.
Carlos, you've been thinking about this for 6 years and have made zero progress towards moving to Oregon, the worst state in the Union?

Why don't you just shut up (figuratively speaking) and just move? What are you prattling on and on and on about?

Why do you, after 6 years of supposed study, still need more information on Oregon? What in the world have you spent 6 years doing?

You're asking the most basic questions yet you claim to have studied the move for 6 years. You are an extraordinarily slow study Carlos. Maybe you are a good fit for the lumbering, slow-moving, stuck-in-the-mud Oregon hicks.:)

Now this is hilarious:

"If they lie to me I can take them to court and pocket myself some money."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of581
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••