$2.1M bogus refund = prison time

$2.1M bogus refund = prison time

There are 5 comments on the WANE-TV Fort Wayne story from Jul 25, 2012, titled $2.1M bogus refund = prison time. In it, WANE-TV Fort Wayne reports that:

A 25-year-old woman who duped the state of Oregon into giving her a $2.1 million tax refund pleaded guilty Tuesday and was sentenced to 5 1/2 years in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WANE-TV Fort Wayne.

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 25, 2012
Come on, how dumb is the state refund worker who approved a 2 million dollar refund?

Beautiful Black Molly

“I care more about my character”

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

#2 Jul 25, 2012
off the trail wrote:
Come on, how dumb is the state refund worker who approved a 2 million dollar refund?
That's the real crime, idiots who have control.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#3 Jul 25, 2012
Well, the heart of it is that the state did not even follow its own rules...
Even in the most liberal financial arrangements, trust but verify is the watch phrase.
Taxation is not normally considered a liberal financial arrangement.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Jul 26, 2012
We she have to work in prison and pay back part of that with her earning? Money should be taken out of all he paychecks.

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#5 Jul 26, 2012
off the trail wrote:
This is Oregon we're talking about here. Our state workers come with a guarantee to be 50% less intelligent (but 200% overpaid) than the other leadng states.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oregon Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oregon approves new taxes to address Medicaid c... Jan 25 SirPrize 21
News Oregon congressman to boycott Trump's State of ... Jan '18 Fake Boycott 1
OR government wants to enforce religious laws? Jan '18 TheThirdAngel144 1
News Governor signs bill making Oregon first to offe... (Aug '17) Aug '17 spytheweb 1
News Oregon approves measure requiring insurers to c... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Laredo 157
News Democrat Lawmakers Pass Bill Giving FREE Aborti... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Quirky 7
News Rule gives Oregonians non-gender option on driv... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Wondering 1
More from around the web