Adopted woman intends to sue state

Adopted woman intends to sue state

There are 3 comments on the Statesman Journal story from Aug 20, 2012, titled Adopted woman intends to sue state. In it, Statesman Journal reports that:

A 21-year-old woman who was born in Mexico and adopted by a U.S. couple has received the go-ahead to sue the state of Oregon for mistakenly telling her parents that she automatically became a citizen when she was adopted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Statesman Journal.

Excuse Me

De Soto, KS

#1 Aug 20, 2012
She would have received a SS number. My kids did when they were adopted. This woman and her adoptive parents have responsibilities, period!

United States

#2 Aug 20, 2012
The problem is that international law prevents our government from doing anything until Mexico gives their okay.

The woman's issue is with her home country, not the USA.
BrandX

California City, CA

#3 Aug 25, 2012
I would sue the state also if i was adopted by two queers, because I would have been cheated out of having a mother and a father. PS, George Clooney and Anderson Cooper are butt buddies. EWWWWWWW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oregon Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders relying on Oregon to help keep campaign... May 18 Excellent One 2
News Naturopathic clinic designated as top tier prim... (Sep '15) Apr 23 london2z 2
News 'SNL' makes fun of Oregon's no-wedding-cakes-fo... Apr '16 Holy Guacamole 8
News What's the second largest religion in Oregon? Mar '16 Lordylordy9111 5
News Editorials from around Oregon Feb '16 society 1
News Oregon issues final order in gay wedding cake case (Jul '15) Jan '16 WasteWater 104
News Birth control, sick leave and pumping your own ... Dec '15 Prosperity Fundie... 2
More from around the web