Normal Doses of Methadone May Trigger...

Normal Doses of Methadone May Trigger Sudden Death

There are 3 comments on the MedlinePlus story from Jan 23, 2008, titled Normal Doses of Methadone May Trigger Sudden Death. In it, MedlinePlus reports that:

A number of cases of unexplained sudden cardiac death can be blamed on taking regular "therapeutic" doses of methadone, according to investigators at the Oregon Health and Science University in Portland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MedlinePlus.

mike

United States

#1 Jan 23, 2008
Well imagine that.
wannabclean

United States

#2 Apr 4, 2011
I have,takin fifteen mgs last night at 6 pm and 15mgs this morning at 6 am n took five milligrams at six pm this evening and havent been more terrified in my life I will never touch the crap again that is if I live through it I hafta work at five am and it is now midnight I am to scared to close my eyes every once in awhile I get a weird disy feeling and get a few muscle spasms in individual muscles in my back and chest I would do just about anything to go back 2 last night and do things different the shitty thing is ive been addicted to opiates for about 2 year now and I am trying to conquer this addiction by myself here just bout three days ago I took six oxy 15s in bout three hours... I wanted to never do pills again n realized ive never been more unhappy in my life. I went without sunday and got some methadone sunday night to be sure I wouldnt go through withdrawls at work and try and be clean and here I am scared to death to go to sleep not knowing if ill ever wake up again... ive takin methadone in the past and never felt like this.... just wanted to give ppl my experience and just for the record had two more ten mg methadone and I flushed em down the damn toilet hoping it to be the end of this opiate chase resulting in sever paranoia and anxiety filled nights being convinced whem I layed down at night that I wouldnt wake up... from personal experience I would stay away from methadone if I was anyone who was thinkin of experimenting or try n get clean using this drug, theres much better ways like bein a real man/women and dealing with the come dowm/withdrawls drug free... was a big enough man to go find them n get high the last two years of my life should be able to deal with a month of hell.... for my son
DewDrop

Demotte, IN

#4 Apr 21, 2012
so did u end up being ok?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oregon Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders relying on Oregon to help keep campaign... Jun 10 Raydot 4
News Naturopathic clinic designated as top tier prim... (Sep '15) Apr '16 london2z 2
News 'SNL' makes fun of Oregon's no-wedding-cakes-fo... Apr '16 Holy Guacamole 8
News What's the second largest religion in Oregon? Mar '16 Lordylordy9111 5
News Editorials from around Oregon Feb '16 society 1
News Oregon issues final order in gay wedding cake case (Jul '15) Jan '16 WasteWater 104
News Birth control, sick leave and pumping your own ... Dec '15 Prosperity Fundie... 2
More from around the web