Oregon reminds grocery shoppers: No dogs allowed

Aug 17, 2009 Full story: Statesman Journal

Keep your paws off the meat. The state Department of Agriculture is starting a public awareness campaign next month to remind Oregonians it's illegal for dogs to enter grocery stores - unless it's a service dog.

Full Story
Judy

Crescent Valley, NV

#1 Aug 18, 2009
About time something is being done!
We were eating at a restaurant in Bend, Oregon and some people had their small dog inside around the food area!It was reported but haven't been back since.
Wal Mart is the worst about letting people have dogs in the store while people are shopping.
smudge

Redmond, WA

#3 Aug 19, 2009
AGREE!
"Taking your pet to the grocery store" debuted with "let's go shopping in our pajamas."
Just what the public needs...more airheads in need of attention.
Raydot

California City, CA

#4 Apr 16, 2012
I'm not paying eight bucks for 3 lbs. of 22% hamburger. That's just plain o'l stupid! Oh Look! it's 22% ground mexican for only 1.50 for three lbs. Oh and look, only five bucks for a leg with a foot, thats not bad at all. Whats this! marinated "Hot and Spicy" mexican strips for barbecuing, only three bucks for 3 and a half lbs. Gee the money I save can be used for extra gasoline to take the kids to the beach. Yippy! Yip Yip Yippy! Yip Yip, what is it..YippY!!! Say again YiPpY and again Y!pPY and one more time YiPpy!!!!!!%%%$
OregunSux

Portland, OR

#5 Apr 16, 2012
So if health concerns are the issue why are service dogs allowed and why are snot faced kids allowed.

Food, except for fruits and veggies are pretty much hermetically sealed. What is going to get in anyway?

I would say to think but that is asking too much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oregon Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oregon Lottery must expand gambling-addiction p... (Dec '13) Aug '14 Cory Trevor 4
Oregon Governor Seeks Lawsuit Over Health Exchange May '14 United Clowns 1
Panel to study at Agent Orange residue exposure May '14 Jaimie 4
Oregon panel recommends moving to federal exchange Apr '14 April fools 34
Oregon Patriots Win Crucial Round In Attempt To... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Magadala 3
Oregon Gubernatorial Candidate: Homosexuality I... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Ms_Harmony 1
Global warming: Oregon policies generate carbon... (Mar '14) Mar '14 truth facts 2

Oregon Government People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE