Roll up your sleeves, Oregon

Roll up your sleeves, Oregon

There are 47 comments on the Statesman Journal story from May 24, 2009, titled Roll up your sleeves, Oregon. In it, Statesman Journal reports that:

Why do we live here? Why do we keep coming here? This Oregon journey has been going on for quite some time, from the earliest Oregonians - those who, thousands of years ago, crossed the Bearing Land Bridge to the Oregon Trail - to today, where somewhere in this state, someone is unpacking their belongings and calling Oregon their new home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Statesman Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bend Oregon Babe

Sylmar, CA

#41 Oct 13, 2010
Don Quixote wrote:
<quoted text>Quite the contrary, we need more people, preferably with a voice to rid this state of the corruption within our state government. Also the department of homeland security and FBI, DEA etc. has got to stop sending in their criminal subterfuge to set people up and send them to prison. I have your names I know who you are, you think you'll get away with your shit, your wrong so wrong, the FBI has fumbled everything they have been involved in since their inception in 1911. I have no faith in any of these agencies, anyone that does is inherently weak and deserves nothing.
Did you know that Mike Kozak, and INDEPENDENT, is avidly running for state representative in District 54, Aka Bend and the River Woods area? He's tired of the corruption in state politics too, and so he's running non-affiliated to try and make a difference without owing anything to either party or special interest groups. There's hope. Just one foot at a time. Tell your friends.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#42 Dec 20, 2010
Oregon is Disgusting wrote:
What a bunch of baloney.
Oregon has horrendous weather. It rains 11 months out of the year, it is overcast nearly all the time, the state bird is a slug and the state flower is mold.
It is clear that 'Eugene liberal' has never actually been to Oregon or is, perhaps, psychotic.
You'd obviously have problems wherever you live, and instead of facing up to them, you blame an entire state.
That's about as dumb as you can get. Nobody's impressed.
Oregon's great - you're disgusting.
Virginia

Bend, OR

#43 Jan 1, 2011
Seems to me that if OID is so discouraged about our state maybe they should move. Oregon is beautiful and like anyother state has a few drawbacks, deal with it or leave.
Steph

San Anselmo, CA

#44 Feb 17, 2011
Oregon Is Disgusting wrote:
Oregon quality of life on a scale of 1 to 10:
negative 20.
It is the WORST place to live. The people are rude, violent, mean-spirited, psychotic, loud, cold and untrustworthy.
Period.
and you sound charming????
Steph

San Anselmo, CA

#45 Feb 17, 2011
Oregon Lover wrote:
Oregon wasn't so bad until all the Californians started moving here.
and your economy would SUCK even more if Cali peeps didn't move in.(still happy in CALI BTW but have ties in OR and get the No Tax Score for anything i want, beeeyotch!!!!)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#46 Mar 5, 2011
Eugene is great, but most people do just let things go by. They need to demand respect.
Just 2 examples:
1. Who else has two different area codes? You have to dial the area code to make local calls. That's DUMB people.

2. The Pape family allegedly wanted to honor one of theirs who died by forcing taxpayers to pay a fortune to rename the Beltline.
I suggested that if they really wanted to honor his name, and had any respect for others, they'd pay for the name change themselves.
That didn't happen, so what they really wanted was an excuse to brag about their ability to use their wealth to manipulate us.

Come on, Eugene, get some backbone.
DOG

Palo Cedro, CA

#47 Mar 5, 2011
Eugene liberal wrote:
Eugene is great, but most people do just let things go by. They need to demand respect.
Just 2 examples:
1. Who else has two different area codes? You have to dial the area code to make local calls. That's DUMB people.
2. The Pape family allegedly wanted to honor one of theirs who died by forcing taxpayers to pay a fortune to rename the Beltline.
I suggested that if they really wanted to honor his name, and had any respect for others, they'd pay for the name change themselves.
That didn't happen, so what they really wanted was an excuse to brag about their ability to use their wealth to manipulate us.
Come on, Eugene, get some backbone.
Isn't Eugene liberal kind of a "oxy-moron"? Eugene is about the most un-liberal town on the west coast, I know, I know, it's been portrayed as such, yet that is what the elites wish for you to beleive. This myth dates back to the late fifties, maybe even earlier. Some of the most elaborate subterfuge plans ever cooked up have come out of that town. Who's behind this? Well the shadow government and big bucks, like the timber industry, big oil etc. The environmental movement was derailed from there, remember the environmental terrorist going around setting fires? Those people where spawned in Eugene, every thing from the Animal rights activist (Alf)to the environmentalists (ELF) and down the line to the tree spikers etc, etc. I would know, since a relative of mine worked at Oregon Behavioral Science c. in the early sixties. They did everything from planting microchips in people as well as work researching different techniques of mind control (electronic, biological and trauma based) No Oregon is nothing what people think it is...well for that matter the whole country....LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oregon Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oregon braces for next round of snow (Dec '08) Sun PEEEEEE OWED 6
News Latino immigrants suddenly avoiding the DMV (Aug '08) Feb 15 Trumpem 692
News Local Bars Might Sue the State Over Smoking Patios Dec '16 Seriously 4
News Venezuelan served sentence for drugs, now faces... Nov '16 TerriB1 1
News Chevrolet Cavalier Turn Signal Flasher (Jun '07) Nov '16 The hoch 14
News Illegal immigrants hurt Oregon workers Oct '16 tomin cali 1
News Sanders relying on Oregon to help keep campaign... (May '16) Jun '16 Raydot 4
More from around the web