Black men: be fathers to your children

Posted in the Oklahoma Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Upset mothers

United States

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Black men your children need you to be a father figure in their lives. They need you to teach them the basic foundations of life. With fathers in their lives your children won't have to turn to crime and gangs for their father figures. Don't abandon your children, their futures depend on you! Don't repeat what was done to you! You should be ashamed of yourselves if you abandon your children!

Since: Jul 12

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Feb 27, 2013
Ummm...wut.

I thought this just applied to fathers in general. In fact, I know it does.
Rational Tulsans

United States

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Well, I'm black, and my son is a great lawyer, and my daughter is a very promising doctor. And we are very close, I paid for their schools. So, who does this post apply to?
Rational Tulsans

United States

#4 Feb 27, 2013
Regrettably, I hold my breath, and agree with Distinctly on this one. Why just Black. I know tons of white fathers who have abandoned their children and wives.
One worked for me, and his wife called my yesterday saying that she, and his three kids, have not seen him for over two months. She asked me to borrow $1,000. I loaned the money to her.
So don't give me that shit that only Black men do it. And if you are Black, maybe the reason he skipped is because of you. Maybe he deplore you so much, that he can't stand to be around you, not the kid.
Only the flip side of the coin, he just may be a sorry bum, which again, points a finger at you because you laid up with the bum and had kids.

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Feb 27, 2013
Rational Tulsans wrote:
Regrettably, I hold my breath, and agree with Distinctly on this one. Why just Black. I know tons of white fathers who have abandoned their children and wives.
One worked for me, and his wife called my yesterday saying that she, and his three kids, have not seen him for over two months. She asked me to borrow $1,000. I loaned the money to her.
So don't give me that shit that only Black men do it. And if you are Black, maybe the reason he skipped is because of you. Maybe he deplore you so much, that he can't stand to be around you, not the kid.
Only the flip side of the coin, he just may be a sorry bum, which again, points a finger at you because you laid up with the bum and had kids.
It's good to see some solid arguments on this one.

Well, shit. I guess we really do agree on something. hahaha

“too busy lookin' good!”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#6 Feb 27, 2013
Rational Tulsans wrote:
Well, I'm black, and my son is a great lawyer, and my daughter is a very promising doctor. And we are very close, I paid for their schools. So, who does this post apply to?
I call bullshit on that claim.

“too busy lookin' good!”

Location hidden

#7 Feb 27, 2013
Rational Tulsans wrote:
I've taken a look at your community. I look at a huge number of black men who don't work, then I see a huge number of them not being there for their kids, then I see there being more black men in some phase of the corrections system, and I make connections here. Deal with your own community before you point fingers at us, RT.
Rational Tulsans

Mannford, OK

#8 Feb 27, 2013
bluestreak returns wrote:
<quoted text>
I've taken a look at your community. I look at a huge number of black men who don't work, then I see a huge number of them not being there for their kids, then I see there being more black men in some phase of the corrections system, and I make connections here. Deal with your own community before you point fingers at us, RT.
My family business has hired whites since the 1950's. My father put food on the table of white families until the day he died. Then, we took it over and do the same. Whites depend on our family business for support. We hire lots of white trash too. My family is superior to whites. They depend on us.

“too busy lookin' good!”

Location hidden

#9 Feb 28, 2013
Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>
My family business has hired whites since the 1950's. My father put food on the table of white families until the day he died. Then, we took it over and do the same. Whites depend on our family business for support. We hire lots of white trash too. My family is superior to whites. They depend on us.
Really? I heard that shining shoes was pretty much a one-person job, boy.

“I'm a racist's worst nightmare”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#10 Feb 28, 2013
Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>My family business has hired whites since the 1950's. My father put food on the table of white families until the day he died. Then, we took it over and do the same. Whites depend on our family business for support. We hire lots of white trash too. My family is superior to whites. They depend on us.
Yet you always talk about beating your employees cause they didn't vote Obama! Now you're really full of shit
Rational Tulsans

Tulsa, OK

#11 Feb 28, 2013
Midwest City Alumni wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you always talk about beating your employees cause they didn't vote Obama! Now you're really full of shit
Well, some of that is because a few of them, rednecks with attitudes, refused to address me as "sir." I do not tolerate employees trying to call me by my first name. That is inexcusable.

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Feb 28, 2013
Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>
Service has never marked people as inferior. Disservice might, but service? No. If that were the case, then you are literally saying that your slaved ancestors were inferior to whites. That is both horribly erred and incredibly solipsistic of you.

Shame on you for exhibiting such elementary biases.

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Feb 28, 2013
Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, some of that is because a few of them, rednecks with attitudes, refused to address me as "sir." I do not tolerate employees trying to call me by my first name. That is inexcusable.
If you see somebody as a human being, then you should respect their formalities as you do your own.
Obamastein

United States

#14 Feb 28, 2013
And the racists are whom? Believe it or not whites and blacks get along quite well. You hate that fact and want to create something that is just not there.
Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>

“too busy lookin' good!”

Location hidden

#15 Feb 28, 2013
Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Toby is a good name, you should be proud of it.

“too busy lookin' good!”

Location hidden

#16 Feb 28, 2013
Shit, RT, I'd call you by your first name if I felt like it, and there wouldn't be jack you could do about it. I'd even assign you a nickname, and it'd be yours whether you like it or not.

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Feb 28, 2013
Obamastein wrote:
And the racists are whom? Believe it or not whites and blacks get along quite well. You hate that fact and want to create something that is just not there. <quoted text>
Mother of God...

I thought I had slipped into an intellect vacuum. Thank you for reassuring me that intelligent people are still traversing these forums.
Obamastein

United States

#18 Feb 28, 2013
It's time that clear headed and objective people, who are the silent majority, speak out against what is just wrong. All BS aside, most of the crap out there is unbelievable.
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother of God...
I thought I had slipped into an intellect vacuum. Thank you for reassuring me that intelligent people are still traversing these forums.

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Feb 28, 2013
Obamastein wrote:
It's time that clear headed and objective people, who are the silent majority, speak out against what is just wrong. All BS aside, most of the crap out there is unbelievable. <quoted text>
*nods*
Rational Tulsans

United States

#20 Feb 28, 2013
bluestreak returns wrote:
<quoted text>
"My community?" The average house in "my community" is priced at $275,000.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IS BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE ANTI CHRIST? read o... (Jul '07) 13 hr SEEKTRUTH 15,676
News Scott Hines (Sep '10) Jul 25 Would-be employee 22
News Oklahoma Tea Party Candidate Endorses Stoning Gays (Jun '14) Jul 24 Pigeon Forge Demo... 111
Oklahoma's Republican war on the poor and middl... Jul 18 smile 1
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) Jul 15 Juan Carlos 83,881
Election The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Jul 5 nanoanomaly 11,310
Poll Is the word "Gringo" racist? (Jul '10) Jul 5 Jason 21
More from around the web