Is The Church of the First Born a Cult?
Stephanie

Kingfisher, OK

#236 Apr 14, 2013
Gracelyn wrote:
CULT!!!!!!
it is amazing how these people seem to get a simple probation!! I don't understand how a child dies of NEGLECT and there is NO prison time...what is up with that??? I am completely shocked!
I am in shock how stupid people can be!!!! How many people go to Dr's every day and die????? Why not trust in God? You trust in Dr's and they let you down every day!!!! How is going to the Drs and dying worse than believing in God and dying. I would rather die in the hands of God than I would at the hands of Drs.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#237 Apr 14, 2013
Stephanie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in shock how stupid people can be!!!! How many people go to Dr's every day and die????? Why not trust in God? You trust in Dr's and they let you down every day!!!! How is going to the Drs and dying worse than believing in God and dying. I would rather die in the hands of God than I would at the hands of Drs.
Soon, there will be yet another way to die. You had better be doing more prayer time now for divine guidance and intervention because this "cult" thing is going to be a non issue in comparison.
ccm

Redding, CA

#238 May 24, 2013
Gracelyn wrote:
CULT!!!!!!
it is amazing how these people seem to get a simple probation!! I don't understand how a child dies of NEGLECT and there is NO prison time...what is up with that??? I am completely shocked!
you cannot judge something you know nothing about.Drs kill more people then you think from giving them the wrong meds and so forth yet they still practice medicine.
It is a known fact that more people die in the hands of a Dr. then in a church where they believe in Gods healing.
Stone

Owasso, OK

#239 May 25, 2013
ccm wrote:
<quoted text>
you cannot judge something you know nothing about.Drs kill more people then you think from giving them the wrong meds and so forth yet they still practice medicine.
It is a known fact that more people die in the hands of a Dr. then in a church where they believe in Gods healing.
At least, "It's a known fact" in your church's doctrine. Fact is there are more unbelievers that die of old age, and various other ailments than there are Churches of the First Born, so comparatively speaking, there are still more lives saved by skilled medical care than are hurt or die by wrong medications, etc.

The difference is, when doctors or hospital personnel administer the wrong medication, there are legal remedies and they are called to account by medical board of ethics, and sometimes barred from practice, etc. Whereas with COFB, it's all swept under the carpet as "God's will". Never mind the fact what God REALLY has to say about it. It's "our doctrine" doncha know".
stuff

Norman, OK

#240 May 25, 2013
I'm definitely not a member of this church or denomination, but I recognize they are protected under the First Amendment's "Freedom of Assembly and Association."

Unless this congregation declares war on the United States or the surrounding community, they are free to engage in practices that are not exactly orthodox.
Stone

Tulsa, OK

#242 May 30, 2013
stuff wrote:
I'm definitely not a member of this church or denomination, but I recognize they are protected under the First Amendment's "Freedom of Assembly and Association."
Unless this congregation declares war on the United States or the surrounding community, they are free to engage in practices that are not exactly orthodox.
So is the Church of Satan or any other looney tune cult for that matter. In the courts of heaven, that would be an entirely different scenario what a person or bunch can pull off and get away with.

The notion this COFB has to allow a baby or helpless child to lay there and suffer while they offer up their often futile prayers, and then blame God when the baby dies, saying it musta been the "Will of God" to explain their own lack, is inexcusable.

Some day they will have to answer for it, maybe not in this lifetime....or maybe they will, if then someone allows them to lay there and suffer helplessly and die without the comfort of pain relief. If suffering is their gig, then I'd say go for it. But for helpless babies and kids...no way.

I've seen these same people get all self righteous over allowing a loved one to suffer "noble death" from cancer, and think they're doing God a service. How brave of them.
stuff

Norman, OK

#243 May 30, 2013
Stone wrote:
<quoted text>
So is the Church of Satan or any other looney tune cult for that matter. In the courts of heaven, that would be an entirely different scenario what a person or bunch can pull off and get away with.
The notion this COFB has to allow a baby or helpless child to lay there and suffer while they offer up their often futile prayers, and then blame God when the baby dies, saying it musta been the "Will of God" to explain their own lack, is inexcusable.
Some day they will have to answer for it, maybe not in this lifetime....or maybe they will, if then someone allows them to lay there and suffer helplessly and die without the comfort of pain relief. If suffering is their gig, then I'd say go for it. But for helpless babies and kids...no way.
I've seen these same people get all self righteous over allowing a loved one to suffer "noble death" from cancer, and think they're doing God a service. How brave of them.
It's pretty disturbing they believe in such nonsense. As long as they aren't molesting or raping women and children, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

Your personal viewspoints and beliefs are irrelevant under the law, and your norms obviously aren't their norms. It's time people in Oklahoma consider losing their authoritative modus operandi involving legislation of morality.

Most people in this country do not adhere to the Evangelical Protestant view on biblical theology. In fact, your denomination is a small minority of Christianity, and most of that faction of Christianity consist of adherents who earn less than $40k annually and possess below median educational achievements.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#244 Jul 8, 2013
Stephanie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in shock how stupid people can be!!!! How many people go to Dr's every day and die????? Why not trust in God? You trust in Dr's and they let you down every day!!!! How is going to the Drs and dying worse than believing in God and dying. I would rather die in the hands of God than I would at the hands of Drs.
You seem to think that going to a doctor is NOT trusting in God? Do you think a doctor can override God's will? What you said seems to imply that when you go to a doctor God is no longer in control. I would say that you lack faith in God by thinking that after going to a doctor God is no longer in control. This belief is not biblical.

By your logic you should not eat food but simply believe that God will fill you. The truth is that doctors heal a lot more than they hurt.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#245 Jul 8, 2013
ccm wrote:
<quoted text>
you cannot judge something you know nothing about.Drs kill more people then you think from giving them the wrong meds and so forth yet they still practice medicine.
It is a known fact that more people die in the hands of a Dr. then in a church where they believe in Gods healing.
This is stupid logic.

I would also say that doctors heal a lot more people than your church. Doctors heal millions every year. Therefore doctors heal a lot more than your church and has an immeasurably better healing record. We know this is true simply by reading the news about criminal trials of members who had children sick from diseases commonly cured by doctors.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#246 Jul 8, 2013
stuff wrote:
I'm definitely not a member of this church or denomination, but I recognize they are protected under the First Amendment's "Freedom of Assembly and Association."
Unless this congregation declares war on the United States or the surrounding community, they are free to engage in practices that are not exactly orthodox.
They are not free to engage in criminal activity and we know this is true by the many members that have been prosecuted and put in prison, jail or probation. If you think they have a right to sacrifice children then you should move to some country where they do not care.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#247 Jul 8, 2013
stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty disturbing they believe in such nonsense. As long as they aren't molesting or raping women and children, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it.
So you think rape is bad but murder is OK? You must live in a cave and there is something we can do about, in fact DAs have been jailing people for some time when they refuse to provide necessary medical care for their children. So to say that there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it, preventing it is difficult but locking up parents who abuse their kids can be and is happening.

So if you refuse to obey the law and provide necessary medical care to your child expect to go to prison.
un named

Sayre, OK

#248 Jul 11, 2013
If we are servents of god then that's what we should do,its not a servents place to judge its to serve the lord.
Firstconsul

Houston, TX

#250 Aug 31, 2013
So.....when they die it either means that your God has failed and doesn't have that kind of power or...even more screwed up...you blame the very people in the church because their "faith isn't strong enough." Do you have any idea how abusive that is? It's a cult, pure and simple. One that is killing it's own children with stupidity. The leaders of these sects need to be put up on charges as accessories to murder.
Firstconsul

Houston, TX

#251 Aug 31, 2013
ccm wrote:
<quoted text>
you cannot judge something you know nothing about.Drs kill more people then you think from giving them the wrong meds and so forth yet they still practice medicine.
It is a known fact that more people die in the hands of a Dr. then in a church where they believe in Gods healing.
Actually, we can. Do we have data on how many "miracles" have happened in this church, where people with deadly diseases are somehow healed of them? How many of them died? Compare that to the track record of any medical practitioner. Go ahead. See, here is the thing, a doctor kills somebody through negligence, they go to jail. If it is church leader who convinced a rube to believe this nonsense, they just lost a rube making Sunday donations and they need to go get another one. These church leaders need to be brought up on charges. If I, as the head of criminal organization, tell someone to do something that is going to lead to a person's death, I can go to jail for that. I see no difference between that and this group.
anonymous

United States

#253 Sep 22, 2013
I joined this church not that long ago. And I love it. I have severe asthma which is weather allergy and exercise induced. Along with bad allergies around animals. But at the same time I know my limitations on both my allergies and my asthma. In my church if a kid is extremely sick we pray about it and take them to the doctor. Not all firstborn churches sit there and let their kids die!!!
Believer

Oklahoma City, OK

#255 Dec 21, 2013
Ok where do I begin..... Today's society is faithless, we have a form of faith but it isn't true faith in God. We trust in mans knowledge far more than Gods faithfulness to His written word. COFB tries diligently to live by Gods law, not by what you might think they should live by. You might consider that maybe just maybe God actually wants us to trust wholly in him. In our minds we can't comprehend that God is with us every second of every hour of every day or that God actually wants us to bring every care including sickness to him.

It is very true there have been deaths in COFB young and old alike. I have personally known some of them. I don't think most of you realize or comprehend the faith that it takes to say Gods will be done. Do you seriously think that COFB members hate their children? Or better yet do you think they hate their own life so much that they'd rather suffer in agony and even possibly die? If that's what you think then you are ignorant and unlearned. I've read more than I wanted to on this post and the ignorance of some was too much to not respond. The problem with today's society is that we have a form of Godliness but only willing to go so far.

Ok question, if we as Christians were made to make a choice between life or death because of our belief in God, I wonder how many so called Christians would actually be willing to die. How many would give up their life or their children's lives for the sake of their beliefs. Problem is if you are truly a Christian then you have read Gods word. The bible isn't just fake bedtime stories, it's life giving and can save your soul for eternity. Obviously there are so many opinions on Christianity thus being so many beliefs in the world but think about this, Gods word wasn't written for your own interpretation. God has a way, he doesn't have several meanings for His word so why are there so many different beliefs and ideas about what the scriptures mean? Mans inability to give EVERYTHING to Him. People don't judge unless you have walked a mile in someone's shoes, don't judge until you truly seek God and after you have truly sought Him about His children then hopefully you will have gotten the beam out of your own eye.

How many times have you known of a dr. sending someone home to die because they had use every resource they knew? Too many to number, old and young alike. Death knows no age. God has a time and purpose for everything that comes our way.

"God help this perverse generation to accept you wholly, not on their terms but yours."
jlg

Caldwell, ID

#257 Jan 7, 2014
I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN THE COTFB. I HAVEN'T ATTENDED FOR YEARS. WHEN MY CHILD WAS ILL MY GRANDMOTHER TOLD ME TO SEEK MEDICAL HELP, THAT THE BIBLE WILL TELL YOU TO OBEY THE LAWS OF THE LAND! I DID AND MY IN-LAWS AND HUSBAND TURNED ON ME, SHE WAS RIGHT AND I WILL RESPECT HER ADVICE AS LONG AS I LIVE. I'M NOW 76 YRS OLD RE-MARRIED..MY DAUGHTER ALIVE AND HAVE GREAT GRANDCHILDREN, STILL ATTEND CHURCH ( NOT COTFB) STILL BELIEVE IN PRAYER, AND THE HELP OF DR'S, GOD HAS ANSWERED MANY OF MY PRAYERS!!!!
Believer

Oklahoma City, OK

#259 Feb 19, 2014
Foolish talk never gains anything. One day every knee shall bow and realize how ignorant we truly were.
Brittany

Tulsa, OK

#260 Apr 2, 2014
I'm from this church and it's AMAZING! U don't even no how good are god is!!!
But some of that is not true! I'm just saying!
Y'all need to chill!!!!!
Something happened to me once and god helped me!!!! If u guys wanna talk trash about are church u need to say things out of experience y'all don't even no!!!!!
just wondering

Lewisburg, WV

#261 Apr 19, 2014
sheila wrote:
what chuch members say now about their belief in only god deciding their survival is now different than what they said before there was so much media attention.take it from someone who was born into the church.the church is more of a scam than a cult.no one but me will tell you what really goes on inside the family.
This is the story of two old people who wanted to live out their life, and enjoy there last few years in a home they worked hard all their life but they were robbed. The part that got me was it was a church that robbed them. Now I am sure many will say oh no. but I understand that I to said that; then they posted the court papers, and the pictures and now the old folks they live in a tent. They live from day today and the part of this story that really got me is this is here in the USA all this mess because they are Jews. The old woman made it past Hitler but really folks where are our minds how can we walk past them now. Anyway, I am not asking for anyone to give money to the old folks. However I think we should read this website this could be any one of us down the road of life we all grow old... You can find this at Ricahrdsoncharity.webs.com I hope you read this and post what you think we should have laws on the books about this sad to say we do not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 7 hr WarForOil 83,202
News Oklahoma Food Stamps Numbers Skyrocket (Oct '10) 8 hr Lawrence Brown 607
News Justices uphold use of drug implicated in botch... 20 hr WelbyMD 9
News Family finds way to prepare, cope with recent n... Jun 26 Rita 1
News Multiple Earthquakes Rattle Central Oklahoma Re... Jun 26 Nic 1
News Oklahoma Earthquakes: Is There A Liability And ... Jun 26 Nic 1
federal expansion medicaid program for the unin... Jun 26 tariff 1
More from around the web