OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#30144 Sep 18, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Misty,
You can change it however you would like. You can nitpick on the words I've used. But the bottom line is THAT quote posted from a German source wasn't what you hear from the people who live here.
That's all I was saying. The political parties cannot be compared.. there are too many of them and they are too different from that in the USA to make any real comparison.. that's not what I was trying to do.
And the reason I used the word dangerous is because that's the how the quote is talking about Obama's foreign policies.. and I was writing to you about that quote. I didn't say you said dangerous so no need to get all offensive about it because it's not about YOU.
I agree with you that something needs to be done about the economy What would YOU suggest? I'd like to hear how you would like to see the economy changed. You seem to have lots of very strong feelings about it. So, if the current administration isn't doing things the way you'd like to see it done.. how SHOULD they be doing it?
This is the problem with America. Both wings have become extremist and all they do is nitpick the "other side" while absolving their own party of any blame. All of Washington D.C. is corrupt to the core. I knew a young man once who went to work for Mercedes. He had a college degree. For six months all he did every day at Mercedes was hand polish a piece of metal. He said it was explained to him that to be a successful employee at Mercedes you had to understand the commitment to excellence that Mercedes has. And you learn that by starting at the bottom.

This is the difference in the German way and the American way. Germans are "rules" people and you will follow the rules. That's why their socialized medicine works and why the conservatives have made no move on German socialized programs. IT WORKS. Americans are by and large lazy and find it's easier to "blame the other side" for EVERYTHING.

Location hidden

#30145 Sep 18, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
Romney losing on economics switched his campaign focus to social issues, but now since he has bombed there and on international policy and education, where does he go now?
Maybe he could try animal husbandry and evolution as focus of his campaign. Well maybe just evoluton and science. He loses on animal husbandry with the horse and dog.
One thing for sure has to be said about Mitt, he really knows how to narrow the field of options for himself.
Romney is quickly becoming the male version of Sarah Palin. What a goof.

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

#30146 Sep 18, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see it either.
Ok, then it didn't go through, I'll copy-paste here.

And this didn't happen overnight and won't be repaired overnight either.

I know it's a crazy idea, but we COULD concentrate on ourselves.

1. EVERYONE pays their fair share of taxes.

a) and I mean EVERYONE, no excuses.. get with it, and do your part to help solve the problem. Work together!

b)Make the goal to have more jobs available than you have workers.

c)Make it unaffordable for US companies to take their jobs overseas. Reward them for creating new jobs in the USA. If the company wants tax breaks, then they have to earn them in the form of helping their country by creating jobs and keeping them inside the USA. Punish for hiring illegals, make it unaffordable for US companies to not do their part.
Increase taxes on imported products, reduce taxes on those MADE IN THE USA.

d)Get everyone if at all possible OFF the welfare system and to work, become flexable enough to be able to withstand the changing markets and demands. Make the difference between working lower class and welfare level bigger. Make the welfare system a much less disirable place to be economically and socially for those who can work. For those who cannot work, and there are those who really cannot work, they should fall under a different set of rules.

e)Make an American education system that's the envy of the world. Give our children an education which will take them easily into university should they choose to go. Make education affordable and flexable, so that every adult can be re-educated/trained if needed.

f) Healthcare- make it where every American can count on quality healthcare at an affordable price.

g)No foreign dependance for energy. Move away from oil, invest in new energy sources. Drive energy efficient vehicles, Invest in new transportation and create the infrastructure needed encourage the use of bikes where ever possible.

In short, change the "I'm spoiled and in it for myself" attitude on both ends of the pendulum (Welfare/Rich). Reward everyone for anything they do that helps the situation, don't reward those who want to remain part of the problem. Make Americans responsible for themselves and the state of the nation at ALL classes from welfare to billionaire.

Let the rest of the world take care of itself.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#30147 Sep 18, 2012
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the jobs that have been created are government jobs, and most of those are federal and the health industry from Obamacare. How does that help?? Government doesn't make money. All it means is bigger government and more tax dollars going to the government.
I never said we aren't better off than Bush, but I'll say it one more time. BUSH IS NOT RUNNING. This is not about Bush, it's about Obama. The jobs that he pushes every time he speaks are government and union jobs i.e. firemen, police, teachers. That is NOT good for the economy.
By the way, this crap about Romney last night. He is RIGHT. But he didn't call them bums, he said 47% are dependent on the govt and he is RIGHT. And he is doing nothing that Obama hasn't done for years. Pandering to his base. Obama has already divided everyone in every shape and form from religion, to class, to race, etc. Romney knows the dependent are going to vote for Obama, why wouldn't they?? He's even giving them damn free cell phones on the taxpayer dime, free healthcare, they want more, more, more. More government control to take care of their asses. Constantly handing government help to people does nothing but create more dependance and no goal to get off your ass and make your own. Of course they will vote for him and that's what Romney said. Obama divides the poor from the rich and middle class, and Romney just told you he is working on the vote of the middle class and rich. Nothing new, the only difference is the class he is pandering to rather than who Obama panders too. For any of you to knock him for dividing, you better look at the Food Stamp president that's in office right now that wants to keep handing out more and more to EVERYONE but the middle class
==========
>>>The majority of the jobs that have been created are government jobs,<<<

Not true at all. Most of jobs were non-government jobs. Government jobs actual show a negative growth.

Location hidden

#30148 Sep 18, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is quickly becoming the male version of Sarah Palin. What a goof.
==========
But don't forget Rush made an important point when he said, "Romney could be Elmer Fudd" and it wouldn't make any difference since GOP has as its ONLY goal getting rid of Obama.

Location hidden

#30149 Sep 18, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, then it didn't go through, I'll copy-paste here.
And this didn't happen overnight and won't be repaired overnight either.
I know it's a crazy idea, but we COULD concentrate on ourselves.
1. EVERYONE pays their fair share of taxes.
a) and I mean EVERYONE, no excuses.. get with it, and do your part to help solve the problem. Work together!
b)Make the goal to have more jobs available than you have workers.
c)Make it unaffordable for US companies to take their jobs overseas. Reward them for creating new jobs in the USA. If the company wants tax breaks, then they have to earn them in the form of helping their country by creating jobs and keeping them inside the USA. Punish for hiring illegals, make it unaffordable for US companies to not do their part.
Increase taxes on imported products, reduce taxes on those MADE IN THE USA.
d)Get everyone if at all possible OFF the welfare system and to work, become flexable enough to be able to withstand the changing markets and demands. Make the difference between working lower class and welfare level bigger. Make the welfare system a much less disirable place to be economically and socially for those who can work. For those who cannot work, and there are those who really cannot work, they should fall under a different set of rules.
e)Make an American education system that's the envy of the world. Give our children an education which will take them easily into university should they choose to go. Make education affordable and flexable, so that every adult can be re-educated/trained if needed.
f) Healthcare- make it where every American can count on quality healthcare at an affordable price.
g)No foreign dependance for energy. Move away from oil, invest in new energy sources. Drive energy efficient vehicles, Invest in new transportation and create the infrastructure needed encourage the use of bikes where ever possible.
In short, change the "I'm spoiled and in it for myself" attitude on both ends of the pendulum (Welfare/Rich). Reward everyone for anything they do that helps the situation, don't reward those who want to remain part of the problem. Make Americans responsible for themselves and the state of the nation at ALL classes from welfare to billionaire.
Let the rest of the world take care of itself.
Exactly what I've been saying for years. Decades.

“Hello, all!”

Since: Aug 12

Tulsa

#30150 Sep 18, 2012
Hey, everybody. What's the good news today?

Location hidden

#30151 Sep 18, 2012
Romney compared to Elmer Fudd.

"He may as well be Elmer Fudd as far as we're concerned. We're voting against Obama." - Rush

"Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits".- Fudd

Location hidden

#30152 Sep 18, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
But don't forget Rush made an important point when he said, "Romney could be Elmer Fudd" and it wouldn't make any difference since GOP has as its ONLY goal getting rid of Obama.
LOLOL Ya know. These people give themselves away. I've been saying for what? 2-3 years now that you know of how I'm not an Obama fan. For me to be supporting Obama means I've taken a serious look at the alternative and I just cannot believe that anyone can go to the polls and cast a vote for the Wall Street Vulture. This may well be the single worst candidate for President of my entire lifetime.
MistyGirl

United States

#30153 Sep 18, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Misty,
You can change it however you would like. You can nitpick on the words I've used. But the bottom line is THAT quote posted from a German source wasn't what you hear from the people who live here.
That's all I was saying. The political parties cannot be compared.. there are too many of them and they are too different from that in the USA to make any real comparison.. that's not what I was trying to do.
And the reason I used the word dangerous is because that's the how the quote is talking about Obama's foreign policies.. and I was writing to you about that quote. I didn't say you said dangerous so no need to get all offensive about it because it's not about YOU.
I agree with you that something needs to be done about the economy What would YOU suggest? I'd like to hear how you would like to see the economy changed. You seem to have lots of very strong feelings about it. So, if the current administration isn't doing things the way you'd like to see it done.. how SHOULD they be doing it?
Then I would suggest YOU read and digest a few of the posts I have written ad nauseam regarding what is REQUIRED to make the necessary changes for our country. Again it's not a republican or democrat thing it's about our country's survival.

Do try not to take this personal as it's not about you but our COUNTRY.

Location hidden

#30154 Sep 18, 2012
Mitt has to believe that Obama is the best person for the Presidency, else why would he keep trying so hard to get Obama re-elected?

Location hidden

#30155 Sep 18, 2012
MistyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I would suggest YOU read and digest a few of the posts I have written ad nauseam regarding what is REQUIRED to make the necessary changes for our country. Again it's not a republican or democrat thing it's about our country's survival.
Do try not to take this personal as it's not about you but our COUNTRY.
Right wingers make the case that it's "about our country" but in fact Okies have voted for Reagan twice, GH Bush twice, Bob Dole, GW Bush twice and McCain. It's ALWAYS the GOP way that right wingers say is going to "save the country" and it's always the Dems who are taking America to it's knees according to the far right.

13 Trillion of our 15 trillion deficit is traceable directly to GOP Presidents and yet the only thing the right wing Okies can say is "they're gone". They are never against spending by their own party. Only when a Dem is President. This is not concern for the country. This is concern for the party. The point is this. No matter how badly it has gone under a Republican president they can never be convinced to vote for a Democrat President. Not one single county in Oklahoma went in the majority for Obama. Had they of done so and were now saying that they were wrong and are voting GOP that might make sense but they didn't. They went solidly for McCain. Despite Sarah Palin which was the reason McCain lost.

Okie right wingers are not about country. They are about Party. Romney was widely denounced early on by Okies as nothing but a Democrat is Rhino clothing. They couldn't find a decent word to say about him. NOW he is their "savior". This is outright hypocrisy and worse, it's ignorant. Romney won't stand still on a single issue. You can't trust that. He's not a conservative, he's not a moderate, he's not a liberal. He's a Wall Street Venture capitalist who openly admits he's going to eliminate all taxes on people like himself. Openly admits it. This means that Wall Street pays zero taxes. You can't run a country if 90% of the money is being held by 10% of the people paying ZERO taxes. That's what Romney is openly promising. You have to be the dumbest hick in America to buy into that. Why would anyone with an I.Q. over 80 buy into that? Racism? Sure. Hatred for all Democrats? Sure. Party line goosestepping? Absolutely. It's all of that. Oklahoma is one of the five least self sufficient states in America. They have been since Statehood. The record is there for all to see. Oklahoma is one of the five poorest states in America. Has been since statehood. There is no reason to believe that the majority of Okies have any knowledge of success, what it takes to run a government or who is the best choice for President. They have no track record to indicate they are doing anything but doing as they have always done. Being wrong.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#30156 Sep 18, 2012
Who was the person that made it possible to be for Mitt's "47% of Americans Mitt Romney doesn't want to be President of" video to be released?

President's Jimmy Carter's grandson. LOL HA HA LOL

Location hidden

#30157 Sep 18, 2012
correction: 13 Trillion of our 16 trillion deficit is traceable directly to GOP.

A wise man once said there is no shame in being ignorant. The shame is being proud of it. Okies should take note of this wise man.
asdf

Cushing, OK

#30158 Sep 18, 2012
Everyone's freedom of speech is on the line if our government turn these men over. Pay attention.

Egypt’s general prosecutor has issued an arrest warrant for both American pastor Terry Jones and the the creator of the controversial “Innocence of Muslims” YouTube video that is being blamed, at least in part, for riots across the Muslim world.

According to various media reports, Jones did not play a role in creating the film, but had a hand in promoting it.

The prosecutor’s office said in a statement that the accused– which also includes six Coptic Christians– face charges of harming national unity, insulting and publicly attacking Islam, and spreading false information. The office said they could face the death penalty if convicted, but no date for the trial is set.

According to the Associated Press the case is “largely symbolic” because all eight of the accused are all believed to be outside of Egypt and unlikely to return to the country to face the charges. Rather, they say, the prosecutor’s decision to take legal appears to be aimed at absorbing some of the public anger over the amateur film.
asdf

Cushing, OK

#30159 Sep 18, 2012
Wow. Look at this link. It shows the actual percent and $ of who is paying the taxes in this country. Liberals and Obama lie.

http://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/ir_22...
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#30160 Sep 18, 2012
Since Mitt won't release his tax returns just how do we know he's not a member of the 47% who doesn't pay taxes?

Mitt required 10 years of tax returns from his vice-pres candidates, yet so far we have only seen one, that was partial in itself and he conveniently left off the doc that outlined his offshore accounts.

Well Repubs you went with the anybody-but-Obama candidate. How is that working out for you?

Ya know don't fault Romney when this is over, he was pandering to you teabillies! Everything he stated was right out of your manifesto, including the 47% don't pay taxes meme. So really, a rejection of Romney is also a rejection of your policies.
asdf

Cushing, OK

#30161 Sep 18, 2012
Mitt Romney asserted that the 47 percent of Americans who had no federal income tax liability would “vote for the president no matter what.”

Actually, a lot them don’t vote, and of those who do, many vote Republican.

You can read the rest here

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/18/...
asdf

Cushing, OK

#30162 Sep 18, 2012
From Rules for Radicals written by Saul Alinsky, Obama spent years teaching workshops on the Alinsky method. In 1985 he began a four-year stint as a community organizer in Chicago, working for an Alinskyite group called the Developing Communities Project. Camouflage is key to Alinsky-style organizing. While trying to build coalitions of black churches in Chicago, Obama caught flak for not attending church himself. He became an instant churchgoer.

Silver I think it was you that asked why everything Obama does seems to be screwed up, why everyone is divided. Does this look anything like what you're seeing?

"An organizer must stir up dissatisfaction and discontent... He must create a mechanism that can drain off the underlying guilt for having accepted the previous situation for so long a time. Out of this mechanism, a new community organization arises....
"The job then is getting the people to move, to act, to participate; in short, to develop and harness the necessary power to effectively conflict with the prevailing patterns and change them. When those prominent in the status quo turn and label you an 'agitator' they are completely correct, for that is, in one word, your function—to agitate to the point of conflict." p.117
asdf

Cushing, OK

#30163 Sep 18, 2012
Also from Alinsky.

Always remember the first rule of power tactics (pps.127-134):

1. "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have."

2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat....[and] the collapse of communication.

3. "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.(This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity."

5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."

7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time...."

8. "Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose."

9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."

10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign."

11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside... every positive has its negative."

12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."

13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and 'frozen.'...

"...any target can always say,'Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?' When your 'freeze the target,' you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments.... Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the 'others' come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target...'

"One acts decisively only in the conviction that all the angels are on one side and all the devils on the other." (pps.127-134)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IS BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE ANTI CHRIST? read o... (Jul '07) 2 hr SEEKTRUTH 16,854
News TV episode that questions guilt of fired OKC po... 2 hr twohebrewchildren 1
News Trump picks fossil fuel ally to head environmen... 7 hr bootsaremadeforwa... 1
News Oklahoma lawmaker wants armed officers in priva... 17 hr twoplusadendum 1
News OK Casino Closes Suddenly, Leaving Workers With... (Aug '13) Wed Predator and prey 15
Poll Is America tired of having Black Culture cramme... (Apr '10) Dec 3 lick the elf 397
News Cushing Denied Disaster Assistance After Novemb... Dec 1 stanforj 2
More from around the web