Find Out The Latest Road Conditions

The fierce Christmas storm has dumped snow and ice across the nation's midsection, stranding many travelers on Christmas. Full Story
TJuan Davis

Miami, OK

#1 Dec 26, 2009
You know what I don't get people see that the roads where dangerous and they still tried to get out there in that stuff you had to be crazy. Well when you try with snow by it's self it is hard for the car to go. But when you have ice under the snow that makes it more harder for the car to get some type of traction on the road. Well people you have to make a believer out of them or they have to make a believer out of there selves. And that is why there so many cars stuck on that road this holiday season. Sad hard way to learn.
pissed

Tulsa, OK

#2 Dec 26, 2009
it seems sad to me that no one has posted if the turn pikes are open or closed and what conditions they are in. plus troop B has left their phones off the hook since late thursday night. I am glad to see our tax dollars hard work with OHP..Way to go OHP!

Since: Jun 08

St. Louis, Mo (Tulsa since 03)

#3 Dec 26, 2009
TJuan Davis wrote:
You know what I don't get people see that the roads where dangerous and they still tried to get out there in that stuff you had to be crazy. Well when you try with snow by it's self it is hard for the car to go. But when you have ice under the snow that makes it more harder for the car to get some type of traction on the road. Well people you have to make a believer out of them or they have to make a believer out of there selves. And that is why there so many cars stuck on that road this holiday season. Sad hard way to learn.
Some of us have no choice but to get out to check in on loved ones etc.
KAREN

United States

#4 Dec 26, 2009
Oak Grove Church of the Harvest, Sulphur will not be having services Sunday, Dec. 27
Westsider

Sand Springs, OK

#5 Dec 26, 2009
What I want to know is, why in the world are the pizza places delivering? It's one thing for businesses to be open and the employee's staying in one place. It's a totally different story to purposefully and knowingly send your employee's out in such dangerous conditions. Thumbs down to those with such disreguard for human life.
huh

Owasso, OK

#6 Dec 26, 2009
Big_Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us have no choice but to get out to check in on loved ones etc.
I used a phone to call all my loved ones after I saw that the neighbors got all 3 of their vehicles stuck in their flat drive way because they wouldn't simply use the snow shovel they had to clear it first, it took 2 days and a tow truck to get them out, now no one else can get out, they are parked on the road in front of other peoples drive ways, Amazing I tell you. So, Steve, glad you did okay, how were the roads really? Are they plowed or sanded yet?
Demitri Drousiotis

Tulsa, OK

#7 Dec 26, 2009
I have seen too many cars that are stuck with their side windows knocked out. The vandals are striking during the evening hours. This is very sad Tulsa
Tex

United States

#8 Dec 26, 2009
I am looking for information on the state of the following roads: Indian Nation Turnpike, Tulsa, Big Cabin...I will be traveling on 69 to Kansas City. I will be coming from Northeast Texas...Paris to Hugo to Indian Nations Turnpike to be exact. I am trying to get home to Kansas City. Can you give me some idea of what conditions are and do you think they will have improved by 12 or 1 tomorrow? Any help would be great! Thanks so much!
Andy

London, KY

#9 Dec 27, 2009
Tex wrote:
I am looking for information on the state of the following roads: Indian Nation Turnpike, Tulsa, Big Cabin...I will be traveling on 69 to Kansas City. I will be coming from Northeast Texas...Paris to Hugo to Indian Nations Turnpike to be exact. I am trying to get home to Kansas City. Can you give me some idea of what conditions are and do you think they will have improved by 12 or 1 tomorrow? Any help would be great! Thanks so much!
Tex, I would suggest once you get to Big Cabin keep going to Joplin and take I-70 to Kansas City. Hwy 69 will be backed up today as they try to get all the stuck cars removed, plus I-70 is actually a faster way to go from Tulsa to Kansas City.
Anonymous

United States

#10 Dec 27, 2009
I will be driving back to Kentucky today. Anyone have any information about road conditions on US-412 to 44-East or to the Muskogee Turnpike to I-40?

Since: Mar 09

Miami, OK

#12 Dec 27, 2009
You are at your own risk. Even the men that treat the roads don't get every spot. SO you are driving at your own Risk have fun and be safe ditto Love you

Since: Mar 09

Miami, OK

#13 Dec 27, 2009
Andy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tex, I would suggest once you get to Big Cabin keep going to Joplin and take I-70 to Kansas City. Hwy 69 will be backed up today as they try to get all the stuck cars removed, plus I-70 is actually a faster way to go from Tulsa to Kansas City.
But you will drive from Tulsa to Topeka Kansas That could be a 6 hour or 7 hour drive and Kansas is worst then Oklahoma so you may be better to stay at the Cabin for a couple of days. They have got hit the worst. I know my Mother is in Topeka and they called and they said that Kansas have up to 8 inches of snow threw the whole state and they have not cleaned anything. It is bad. So be safe Tex. Don't go no where near Kansas or Missouri it is bad very bad. State of Emergency have been Called. And you can can check out Www.Cjonline.com to check for up dates Or you can go to the Www.Kansascitystar.com So be safe and you will be driving at your own Risk ditto
Monica

Tulsa, OK

#14 Dec 28, 2009
wow snow storm ..... not cool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 56 min TAMARA 79,504
Who is the Tea Party in Oklahoma? (May '10) 5 hr Julie 764
A new low in anti-Muslim American bias 6 hr muslim hater 53
An All-Black Homeland in North America? (Mar '09) 23 hr Frederick X 38
Mysteries At Oklahoma Lake Remain For Families ... Sun hollywood here we... 3
DHS Workers Speak Out On Agency (Jul '08) Dec 18 lynn 1,491
Jimmy Swaggart "Ministries" New Scandal (Aug '11) Dec 15 John 3 verse 5 13
More from around the web