Saturated in Myth

“Swimming With Ignorant Snarks”

Since: Nov 10

Great White Snark

#2 Oct 27, 2011
Snark Hunter wrote:
Saturated in Myth
When I consider the validity of religious myth and compare it with other phenomenon like UFO's or the mathematical certainty that there's another planet in the Universe sustaining life, I come away more baffled about human gullibility than the power of myth or other possibilities.
What does it say about human progress that we can cling to some man made myth about a human God showing up in a rock pile in the middle east, claiming he was a human sacrifice sent to the religious capital of sand people, in order for others to ascend to Heaven.
Yet those very same "believers" quickly and easily discount the thousands of eye witness sightings of UFO's and of course dismiss all science because it isn't creationism. Wonder how many creationists scientists are peering through powerful telescopes searching the vast Universe for answers?
Christian myth salespeople far outnumber scientists so considering human consumerism, and that fact and truth just hasn't been marketed to the grazing herd, at least not like organized religion has.
Would undeniable proof of extraterrestrial life be accepted by the Christian faith? How could they?....oh I predict they would find a way. Truth and logic never has hampered them or been required in the past. After a little public relations repackaging the Universal Life Evangelical Church would spring up and claim a word of two was translated in error by guess who.....Satan.
That's Dr. Satan, PhD.....well known astronomer and heretic.
There's so much ignorance, fear and superstition sustaining human life at the present time, if we were to encounter some advanced extraterrestrial life, civilization would collapse.

Just as every civilization has throughout history when it encountered a more advanced civilizatiion.

Karma....maybe so.
Rational Tulsans

United States

#3 Oct 27, 2011
Again Snark, you are very articulate in your views.

“too busy lookin' good!”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#4 Feb 4, 2013
So are you two back together, or what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 2 hr WarForMuzzies 83,995
News Official Says At Least 8 Wounded In Tennessee C... Sun aintkkk 1
News State attorney general announces crime fighting... Sep 23 stipidtexans 9
IS BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE ANTI CHRIST? read o... (Jul '07) Sep 23 seektruth 18,801
News Majority of school districts say teacher hiring... Sep 23 Venadi 20
News Free car seat safety event scheduled - Sep 22 aintnew 1
News Chapel stirs up controversy in small Oklahoma c... Sep 22 t ord 1
More from around the web