Lawyers: Gay marriage a detriment to children

Feb 24, 2014 Full story: Daily Reporter 527

Lawyers who are appealing a federal judge's ruling that overturned Oklahoma's ban on same-sex marriage said in a court filing Monday that legalizing gay marriage would harm children, undermine society and make traditional marriages unstable.

Full Story
First Prev
of 27
Next Last
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Feb 24, 2014
Well, the US Supreme Court has already ruled that all that crap is nonsense, but when did a fact or two ever stop bigot fundies from living in an anti rational past?

“Down To Earth”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#2 Feb 24, 2014
This fight has already been settled on a few different fronts. The lawyers are getting paid. It's just about the money.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3 Feb 24, 2014
Oklahoma ... where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain and whistles right through their lawyers' empty heads.
Sir Andrew

Honolulu, HI

#4 Feb 24, 2014
One would almost think the lawyers (and I use the term loosely) for Oklahoma had not read a court decision since the turn of the century TWO centuries ago. Their arguments are specious at best and completely inane at worst. It saddens me that they are demonstrating such a low level of respect for the judges hearing the appeal by suggesting that they might be fooled by this ludicrous commentary. Were I on that bench, I would fine them for contempt of court. Then I'd fine them for filing a clearly frivolous challenge that they have no chance whatsoever of winning. And that includes in the courts inhabiting their dreams.

How embarrassing it must be to be an Oklahoman. The only positive for them is that they can at least say they're not from Arizona.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Feb 24, 2014
Massachusetts has a ten-year record of gay marriage with children that proves Oklahoma's lawyers are attempting to manipulate people by lying to them
Our exemplary record in Massachusetts is unshakable
Larry

Mesquite, TX

#6 Feb 25, 2014
You would think being Lawyers....And being paid what they are being paid. They could come up with something more real. This is just such B.S.
I WOULD NOT HIRE THEM TO DEFEND MY roaches.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#7 Feb 25, 2014
From the article:
"The Alliance Defending Freedom cited courts and anthropologists, saying children are better off in a home with a mother and a father.It said traditional couples would be less likely to marry, or stay together, if marriage became a genderless institution not focused on procreation."

What a crock of total BS.......how does allowing a Same-Sex couple the right to marry have ANY affect on opposite-sex couples getting married or having children? I'll tell ya how.....NONE, ZERO, NADA damn thing and to have ANY lawyer make this comment just shows how truly ASININE they are. By the way, this argument has failed before and it will fail now!!!

More from the article:
"Alliance said marriages should be about children, not adults." If the Alliance truly believed this crap......then would they also be okay in deny a infertile/sterile opposite-sex couple the right to marry? I think not........which just shows more ANIMUS towards a group of individuals.......for shame on them!

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#8 Feb 25, 2014
When then by their logic, divorce is a detriment to children and should be outlawed in Oklahoma. We should force people to stay together for the benefit of their children even if they can't stand one another.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#9 Feb 25, 2014
Sir Andrew wrote:
One would almost think the lawyers (and I use the term loosely) for Oklahoma had not read a court decision since the turn of the century TWO centuries ago. Their arguments are specious at best and completely inane at worst. It saddens me that they are demonstrating such a low level of respect for the judges hearing the appeal by suggesting that they might be fooled by this ludicrous commentary. Were I on that bench, I would fine them for contempt of court. Then I'd fine them for filing a clearly frivolous challenge that they have no chance whatsoever of winning. And that includes in the courts inhabiting their dreams.
How embarrassing it must be to be an Oklahoman. The only positive for them is that they can at least say they're not from Arizona.
Indeed (I agree), these antigay attorneys are being *allowed* to get away with these VERY VERY VERY laughable lies. The average American is howling at this stuff, asking WHY, if it's true, divorce is not outlawed. I see that question again and again and again -- If these "unstable arrangements" are bad for marriage, WHY is divorce legal? With the antigay, no logic holds. None.

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#10 Feb 25, 2014
When this kind of BS is the best you have, it is what you have to go with. Even though they keep losing with these "arguments" let them go. When they come up with something new that, at least kind of, makes sense then I'll worry.

Since: Jan 08

Thailand

#11 Feb 25, 2014
To paraphrase an old joke: What do you call 500 Oklahoma lawyers on the bottom of the ocean?

(A good start!)

Since: Mar 07

Bumpass, VA

#12 Feb 25, 2014
I still can't believe that straight folks aren't rising up and complaining about all these insults.

I mean, really, are they so weak and silly, that the very notion that a gay person is marrying will cause them to shack up, have sex irresponsibly, and stop procreating.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13 Feb 25, 2014
They forgot to mention all the straight men asking their wives for back stage passes. And all the strap-on Christmas presents.
david traversa

Argentina

#14 Feb 25, 2014
Aren't these Machiavellic rascals wary of these old lies yet ? No wonder no self-respecting judge will pay any attention to them ..
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Feb 25, 2014
Another thing about you nutters is you constantly lie. Facts concerning child molestation to serial murder to killing tens of thousands of people in America with HIV should allow even the highest courts to reconsider and previous approvals of the homosexual mindset.

Statistically, homosexuals are extremely disproportionately inclined to molest children and are disproportionately represented amongst serial murderers. Any data you check shows homosexuals are about 2% of the population, yet are about 33% of child molesters. As discussed repeatedly, it has to do with impulse control. That is the only factor that can be mistaken as genetic. Actually, the homosexual pervert has trained his brain to lack impulse control. This is likely true for the heterosexual pervert also, but the homosexual doubles and triples the deviant behavior, so has so much more to self-validate to stay the way they are. Homosexual behavior is primarily about control and domination; both go hand in hand with molesting and killing the more defenseless. Homosexuals here have voiced a lot of perceptions of "homosexual behavior in lower species and primates." This view is proof of the homosexual confusing domination behavior with sexual behavior. Lower primates don't penetrate in their displays of domination. Homosexuals don't have the built in control of lower primates. That, sir, is the reason homosexuals are good at hiding their more disturbing behaviors, like predation of children and sexual satisfaction with various non-sexual body fluids like blood.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 Feb 25, 2014
Wait until the lawyers absolutely shred these arguments in the Michigan trial which starts today.

Anyone got a link to a live feed?
Woodtik

Las Vegas, NV

#17 Feb 25, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Wait until the lawyers absolutely shred these arguments in the Michigan trial which starts today.
http://www.owned.com/judge-judy-gets-to-the-p...

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#18 Feb 25, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
If they were going to broadcast the trial, we would have seen a lot of ink spilled on the matter. Remember how the Prop 8 proponents enlisted SCOTUS to prevent broadcasting Judge Walker's courtroom? Do you think they're more willing today to have the entire public watch their clowns take the stand?

If there's one constant for these cockroaches, it's their fear of sunlight.
Larry

Mesquite, TX

#19 Feb 25, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
Another thing about you nutters is you constantly lie. Facts concerning child molestation to serial murder to killing tens of thousands of people in America with HIV should allow even the highest courts to reconsider and previous approvals of the homosexual mindset.
Statistically, homosexuals are extremely disproportionately inclined to molest children and are disproportionately represented amongst serial murderers. Any data you check shows homosexuals are about 2% of the population, yet are about 33% of child molesters. As discussed repeatedly, it has to do with impulse control. That is the only factor that can be mistaken as genetic. Actually, the homosexual pervert has trained his brain to lack impulse control. This is likely true for the heterosexual pervert also, but the homosexual doubles and triples the deviant behavior, so has so much more to self-validate to stay the way they are. Homosexual behavior is primarily about control and domination; both go hand in hand with molesting and killing the more defenseless. Homosexuals here have voiced a lot of perceptions of "homosexual behavior in lower species and primates." This view is proof of the homosexual confusing domination behavior with sexual behavior. Lower primates don't penetrate in their displays of domination. Homosexuals don't have the built in control of lower primates. That, sir, is the reason homosexuals are good at hiding their more disturbing behaviors, like predation of children and sexual satisfaction with various non-sexual body fluids like blood.
Look man you must stop reading stories from the boxes of cereal. If you can produce proof of what your pushing than, you might be heard. Right now the only thing you are doing is making people laugh at your STUPID, UN-PROVEN GARGABE. Now go on and eat another child.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Tawas City, Michigan

#20 Feb 25, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were going to broadcast the trial, we would have seen a lot of ink spilled on the matter. Remember how the Prop 8 proponents enlisted SCOTUS to prevent broadcasting Judge Walker's courtroom? Do you think they're more willing today to have the entire public watch their clowns take the stand?
If there's one constant for these cockroaches, it's their fear of sunlight.
It makes me think the judges are afraid of something as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 10 min POPS 79,368
Who is the Tea Party in Oklahoma? (May '10) 1 hr Justaminute 761
DHS Workers Speak Out On Agency (Jul '08) Thu lynn 1,491
Jimmy Swaggart "Ministries" New Scandal (Aug '11) Dec 15 John 3 verse 5 13
Lawsuit Filed Against Department Of Human Services (Feb '08) Dec 14 gina stout 294
Who are you voting for in the Oklahoma Governor... Dec 10 Todd 70
Taylor Swift's label boss heading to American... Dec 4 Ace McMillan 2
More from around the web