A Rising GOP Star In Oklahoma Aims Fo...

A Rising GOP Star In Oklahoma Aims For The U.S. Senate

There are 52 comments on the WGBH story from Mar 31, 2014, titled A Rising GOP Star In Oklahoma Aims For The U.S. Senate. In it, WGBH reports that:

The announcement by Republican Sen. Tom Coburn that he is resigning his seat at the end of the year has set up a spirited battle among Oklahoma Republicans to replace him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGBH.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 1, 2014
GOP finally wants to try the diversity route.....how contrived...
Democrat

United States

#2 Apr 2, 2014
[email protected] Oklahoma.

Location hidden

#5 Apr 2, 2014
MISTER oH to you wrote:
<quoted text>
"Finally"?
http://www.nbra.info/index.cfm... ;
Not this version of the GOP.....the teaparty set's the rules....
Rational Tulsans

Tulsa, OK

#7 Apr 8, 2014
That Black Uncle Tom, Shannon that is running, is a azz kissing butt smacking cotton picking darkie. He's a disgraceful Uncle Tom scum. I cannot stand a black uncle tom chicken smacking banjo plucking house slave.

“too busy lookin' good!”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#8 Apr 8, 2014
Rational Tulsans wrote:
That Black Uncle Tom, Shannon that is running, is a azz kissing butt smacking cotton picking darkie. He's a disgraceful Uncle Tom scum. I cannot stand a black uncle tom chicken smacking banjo plucking house slave.
Yes, but, you could learn from him.
Rational Tulsans

Tulsa, OK

#9 Apr 11, 2014
bluestreak returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I would have to learn to be an Uncle Tom. It would be foreign territory for me, as a Black man, adopting a white racist agenda.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#10 Apr 11, 2014
I don't see much hope for him winning, which is fine with me! But you never know!
Drilling for the nerve

Batavia, NY

#11 Apr 11, 2014
This story comes from the NPR, which is basically a publicly funded version of Daily Kos or the NY Times; hence, the inclusion of a comment from an Obama-supporting political science professor wasting space at the University of Oklahoma.
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#12 Apr 11, 2014
Rational Tulsans wrote:
I'm curious, give us a list why you dislike him so much, and please don't allow Negro emotionalism to overcome your rant. Usually when a person name-calls, he hasn't got much credibility.

I'm all ears.
Rational Tulsans

Tulsa, OK

#14 Apr 12, 2014
Jawga Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious, give us a list why you dislike him so much, and please don't allow Negro emotionalism to overcome your rant. Usually when a person name-calls, he hasn't got much credibility.
I'm all ears.
Don't need a list. Any Black man that would align themselves with the Tea Party, is a Black man with no integrity, no dignity, and no valid point of view. The Tea Party formed ONLY after the First Black President was elected to office. Now, they can deny it if they want to, but that fact tells you volumes about them. In the 1960's, during the great social movement, blacks like Shannon would have been too afraid to show their faces. That's because the level of awareness among Blacks was so strong, that there were certain things that united us all. Sure, we had minor differences, but they were minor. For instance, Clarence Thomas, in 1972, strongly supported George McGovern for President.
Any Black person that claim to share the values of the Tea Party is simply a Black person that places power and money over principle and integrity. Those kind, if they existed in the 1960's, would dare show their faces.
There is absolutely NOTHING in the Tea Party agenda that a black person should support. It is basically a White Supremacist platform, that again, didn't exist until the election of the First Black President. Call that a coincidence if you so wish, but to any rational person, that sums up their plight. Shannon has been campaigning while employing the social wedge issues. He uses the same coded language that Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, and Bill O'Reilly uses. The man is a disgrace, and I will, if he wins the Republican primary, as a Black man, tell every single black voter that I know not to vote for this disgraceful man., Blacks died in the streets, were beaten, were terrorized in the past in order to make sure Blacks like him receive their just due in America. Then, he sides with the offspring of those who tried to derail the Black movement. I sincerely hope that he will be defeated, and soundly. He's a disgrace.
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#15 Apr 12, 2014
So what problems that you have with the "Tea Party"? Being a citizen of this country, everyone should have the RIGHT to join whatever party they want to. No one stops Blacks from joing the NOI,nor do anyone stops a person wanting to join the KKK, and NAACP. I have no problem with the TEA PARTY, nor the NAACP.

Perhaps you, as many others do, use this simple equation.
\
Republicans are conservatives

=Only whites are Republicans

=Since the Republican Party is mainly white

= All whites hate blacks and are racists.

Problem solved!
Rational Tulsans

Tulsa, OK

#16 Apr 12, 2014
Jawga Boy wrote:
So what problems that you have with the "Tea Party"? Being a citizen of this country, everyone should have the RIGHT to join whatever party they want to. No one stops Blacks from joing the NOI,nor do anyone stops a person wanting to join the KKK, and NAACP. I have no problem with the TEA PARTY, nor the NAACP.
Perhaps you, as many others do, use this simple equation.
\
Republicans are conservatives
=Only whites are Republicans
=Since the Republican Party is mainly white
= All whites hate blacks and are racists.
Problem solved!
No, your response is insufficient. Blacks never passed laws in this nation in an attempt to deny white people their constitutional rights. Blacks never told white people that they cannot vote, Blacks never told white people that they could not go to this school, go to this restaurant, go to this public facility, because they were white. But whites did that to blacks. So don't give me this BS false equivalency bullshit.

Location hidden

#17 Apr 13, 2014
Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>
No, your response is insufficient. Blacks never passed laws in this nation in an attempt to deny white people their constitutional rights. Blacks never told white people that they cannot vote, Blacks never told white people that they could not go to this school, go to this restaurant, go to this public facility, because they were white. But whites did that to blacks. So don't give me this BS false equivalency bullshit.
Like those blacks in Africa, have been such a great success...governing themselves.......Hell, blacks in Haiti still allow child slavery, Restavecs....yet American blacks could care less.....Better be checking your own out....
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#18 Apr 14, 2014
Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I was one in college back in the fifties and sixties that marched, protested, hoping for a better day for all non-whites in this country.

Ok, we now have the right to vote, so what?
Last runoff election here in Atlanta, less then ten percent even bothered to vote.

To tell you the truth, more people that become citizens of this country, have a better understanding of how politics work, then native born citizens.

All of this hoopla about voting rights, is just that, hoopla.

Listening to your response about the past, there is no letting up on all whites in this country. If one used that logic, then we should HATE all people that placed us into this dilemma, including the black Africans that sold the slaves to begin with.

“too busy lookin' good!”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#20 Apr 14, 2014
Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I would have to learn to be an Uncle Tom. It would be foreign territory for me, as a Black man, adopting a white racist agenda.
Go with the flow, boy.

Location hidden

#21 Apr 15, 2014
Child Slavery, ongoing in Haiti......As i predicted,....Crickets.....

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Apr 15, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
GOP finally wants to try the diversity route.....how contrived...
There is nothing new or unusual about Africans in the GOP. What bothers is not that we have always been in the GOP but the low quality that we have seen since Aunt Condi Rice. She is nothing but a perverted sellout not one bit better than Obama. Now, this guy is talking like an idiot. They are people of color who want nothing except to deny their own ethnicity in order to ape the white man. They are totally useful and irrelevant to us as Africans. So is Obama. Nobody needs them or wants them

Saint Louis, MO

#23 Apr 15, 2014
Rational Tulsans wrote:
Yeah. That is about the way I see it. The guy is a tom. He has nothing to offer an African except a hard time. But this type if foolishness did not start with him, Aunt Condi Rice was much worse. It is nearly impossible for anybody to be worse than Aunt Condi. Then Uncle Obama came along and attacked Africa. Nobody wants to criticize Aunt Condi because she is a woman. I cannot imagine why nobody criticizes Obama after he lynched Qaddafi and starved 260,000 Somalis to death. But we cannot ignore tomism forever. Sooner or latter we have no choice but to make them accountable. Otherwise, they will sell us down river every time.

Saint Louis, MO

#24 Apr 15, 2014
bluestreak returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn what? How to be a pervert like Aunt Condi and Uncle Obama? Both of those two are perverts. And they come from different parties.

Saint Louis, MO

#25 Apr 15, 2014
dbiggs69 wrote:
I don't see much hope for him winning, which is fine with me! But you never know!
Of course he is likely to win. I can tell by his rhetoric. He is too polished and smooth. They have been preparing him for years because the3y control him. He is almost certain to win. Our job is to make life miserable for him and all other toms and jamemas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) Fri WarForOil 83,865
Obama Chicago Gay Bath House Lie Debunked (Apr '13) Jun 21 Truth4U 10
What are the areas to avoid in Oklahoma? (Dec '06) Jun 20 Lisa 61
19 F my stepmom wants to have sex (Oct '15) Jun 13 Maybe 3
where has speed trap man gone? Jun 12 sooner fan 2
News Bodies Of Talihina Brothers Recovered From Kiam... Jun 11 Unanswered Questi... 5
News Chuck Bell - About Us News Story - WRC | Washin... (Mar '08) Jun 10 Manolo 7
More from around the web