OKC mom, 9-year-old daughter arrested...

OKC mom, 9-year-old daughter arrested after birthday party altercation

There are 16 comments on the KFOR story from Sep 3, 2010, titled OKC mom, 9-year-old daughter arrested after birthday party altercation. In it, KFOR reports that:

Police in Oklahoma City say a mother and her 9-year-old daughter have been arrested after they showed up uninvited at a birthday party, where the daughter allegedly hit the birthday girl in the face.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

nightmare

United States

#1 Sep 3, 2010
Guess she is out of the running for Mother of the Year award...

Can you say Trailer Trash
Kay

Collinsville, OK

#2 Sep 3, 2010
I can only shake my head in disbelief. There is no hope for Gina Hinkle 'cause you "can't fix stupid."
Big Bad Wolf

Dayton, OH

#3 Sep 3, 2010
Great parenting there mom.
FRIEND

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Sep 3, 2010
I KNOW GINA AND HER DAUGHTER,AND THE GIRL SHE FOUGHT WITH.THEY HAVE BEEN EGGING IT ON ALL YEAR.SO GINA GOT TIRED OF IT AND LET HER DAUGHTER FIGHT BACK.IT WAS FARE GAME.THE GIRL THAT GOT HIT IS THE SAME GIRL A MONTH BEAT UP GINAS KID WITH 2 OTHER KIDS.
Maricia Duhart

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Sep 3, 2010
Hinkle should be ashamed of herself...Here we are trying to steer children from violence and yet she encourages her child to be violent, Parents should be children's first teacher of whats right and wrong evidentally something went wrong in this parents childhood. This parent should not get a slap on the wrist
Maricia Duhart

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Sep 3, 2010
Gina should teach her child how to resolve their problems without violence.
TKS

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Sep 3, 2010
FRIEND wrote:
I KNOW GINA AND HER DAUGHTER,AND THE GIRL SHE FOUGHT WITH.THEY HAVE BEEN EGGING IT ON ALL YEAR.SO GINA GOT TIRED OF IT AND LET HER DAUGHTER FIGHT BACK.IT WAS FARE GAME.THE GIRL THAT GOT HIT IS THE SAME GIRL A MONTH BEAT UP GINAS KID WITH 2 OTHER KIDS.
It is NEVER ok to allow, much less encourage your child to be violent. Act like an ADULT and speak to the other parents to try to resolve the issue instead of acting like a juvenile. This parent (and I use that term very loosely in the case) should not have barged into a party they were not welcome at. This mother is nothing more than a loser and an embarrasment!
Chris

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Sep 3, 2010
Standing up for yourself is when you are confronted and dont back down. Premeditated violence is when you go looking for someone to beat down. Bad parent.
nightmare

United States

#9 Sep 3, 2010
FRIEND wrote:
So what you are saying that it is okay for girls to get into physical fights and this was encouraged by the mother...you must live in the same trailer park...Geesh..for crying out loud teach your girls to be young ladies not freaking gang bangers..
FRIEND

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Sep 3, 2010
TKS wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NEVER ok to allow, much less encourage your child to be violent. Act like an ADULT and speak to the other parents to try to resolve the issue instead of acting like a juvenile. This parent (and I use that term very loosely in the case) should not have barged into a party they were not welcome at. This mother is nothing more than a loser and an embarrasment!
The other parnets are just as bad if not worse.the funny thing is the news forgot to mention that gina and her daughter had a invition to the birthday party.

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Sep 3, 2010
Well "friend" that is no excuse for her behavior, I also know the people involved plus others in our neighborhood that have called the cops on that family at least 1/2 dozen times (that I know of) Not to mentioned the older 15 year old daughter/sister that led cops on high speed chase from Yukon to South 29th street. We have even had to called the cops on her daughter. She is a spoiled foul mouthed manipulative bully that instigates trouble with other children. Well we can see now where she gets it. I really hope DHS steps up & removes her from the home before the parents do any more damage to her.
FRIEND

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Sep 3, 2010
nightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying that it is okay for girls to get into physical fights and this was encouraged by the mother...you must live in the same trailer park...Geesh..for crying out loud teach your girls to be young ladies not freaking gang bangers..
no its called defending yourself.this girl and 2 other girls beat her up months ago and she was just getting even.we do not live in a trailer park. we probaly live in a better place then you do.
nightmare

United States

#13 Sep 3, 2010
FRIEND wrote:
<quoted text>
no its called defending yourself.this girl and 2 other girls beat her up months ago and she was just getting even.we do not live in a trailer park. we probaly live in a better place then you do.
defending yourself does not entail going to a birthday party for the sole purpose of kicking someones hiney..that my dear is revenge..you said it yourself she was getting even..
Damn nothing is more sexy than seeing to females fight..just goes to show the calibre of the upbringing...and from your response it is highly improbable that you live in a better place than I do...I happen to own my home
Friend2

Dallas, TX

#14 Sep 3, 2010
You people should be ashamed of yourselves. You are judging the situation based on one very biased perspective. I happen to know Gina Hinkle as a very responsible, loving parent. She is hard working, and despite earlier comments, she does not live in a trailer park. She and her husband have owned the same home for ten years and provide a stable living environment for their children. None of you know anything about Gina, her family, or family making the accusations. And really, this isn't your fault because the media has failed to do their job and gather all of the facts before reporting this story. Case in point, Gina's daughter was attacked by the "birthday girl" and two others a few months ago after getting off of the school bus. This happened despite numerous bullying complaints Gina made to the school. Secondly, her daughter was in fact invited to the birthday party. Gina only went to the home to pick up her daughter from the party because the other children were being mean to her. The woman invited Noth Gina and her daughter inside the home. Charges have been dropped against Gina entirely. But the news didn't report any of this did they? Now, stop passing judgement on her parenting and her family. There are always many sides to a story. Unfortunately, the media failed Gina, Her family and the public.
Michele-OKC

Chickasha, OK

#15 Sep 3, 2010
There is nothing wrong with teaching your child to stand up for themselves. It doesn't make someone trailor park trash either. The date and time could have been better, but noone is perfect.

I can not say anything about what Gina done, if someone was bullying my child I would want my child to stand up for themselves as well. Some bullies can be handled by talking to them, then you have some that cause it to become voilent. I will say this: That Gina could have had her daughter wait another day and time instead of on the peoples property.
Friend2

Dallas, TX

#16 Sep 3, 2010
I agree with you Michele. While I do not advocate violence, it is necessary to teach children self-respect and that includes standing up for themselves.
Michele-OKC wrote:
There is nothing wrong with teaching your child to stand up for themselves. It doesn't make someone trailor park trash either. The date and time could have been better, but noone is perfect.
I can not say anything about what Gina done, if someone was bullying my child I would want my child to stand up for themselves as well. Some bullies can be handled by talking to them, then you have some that cause it to become voilent. I will say this: That Gina could have had her daughter wait another day and time instead of on the peoples property.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IS BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE ANTI CHRIST? read o... (Jul '07) 1 hr seektruth 18,189
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 9 hr Juan Carlos 83,972
News Former director of Oklahoma charity gets 10 mon... 23 hr nohope 1
News More "Fake News" From PBS: Tim McVeigh, The Okl... Sun Rswan 2
News Oklahoma ScissorTales: This law can stand to be... Sun Defeat Nancy Pelosi 2
News Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics searches for marij... (Jun '10) Sun Freshly 10
Election The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Apr 21 Another nameless ... 11,306
More from around the web