Inhofe to head environment, global warming committee if GOP takes Senate

Mar 20, 2014 Read more: The Daily Caller 111

Oklahoma Republican Sen. James Inhofe says he's in line to head the Senate committee that handles global warming and environmental issues if Republicans are able to recapture the chamber in this year's elections.

Read more
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#84 Mar 23, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been trying to feed us this BS since I was in grade school, telling me that greenhouse gases were warming the planet at explosive rates. Here it is 30 years later, with one of the coldest winters on record and no planetary temp increases in 11 years.
People are running away from you and your Al Gore fraud scheme as fast as possible. We'll continue to burn fossil fuels and there's nothing you can do about it. I win...you lose.
You have been ignoring the science and whining..

London, Mar. 23: People living in coastal regions of Asia could face the worst effects of global warming.

Climate experts warned that flooding, famine and rising sea levels will put hundreds of millions at risk in one of the world’s most vulnerable regions.

According to the Guardian, hundreds of millions of people are likely to lose their homes as flooding, famine and rising sea levels sweep the region.

The report, Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability, revealed that for the first half of this century countries such as the UK will avoid the worst impacts of climate change, due to rising carbon dioxide levels.

By contrast, people living in developing countries in low latitudes, particularly those along the coast of Asia, will suffer the most, the report said.

A final draft of the report will be debated by a panel of scientists set up by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) this week at a meeting in Yokohama, Japan.

Scientists warned that millions of people will be affected by coastal flooding and land loss as global temperatures rise, ice caps melt and sea levels rise.

The report added that heat stress, extreme precipitation, inland and coastal flooding, drought and water scarcity, posed risks in urban areas.

In addition, climate change will slow down economic growth, further erode food security and trigger new poverty traps.(ANI)
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#85 Mar 23, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You have been ignoring....
... the "crisis".

Always so much fun to call out the hypocrites.

That would be you, spaceballs.

LOL
Jim the Hoax Denier

Pasadena, TX

#86 Mar 23, 2014
Seems as though folks have forgotten that this is a real feel good article for a change. It'll be nice to have a climate realist heading the committee instead of some buffoon hoax promoter like Babs "call me senator, not ma'am General" Boxer. A pleasant change in Climate so to speak.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#87 Mar 23, 2014
Once again, deniers get excited about nothing. If it were to happen, he would lose election, LOL.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#88 Mar 23, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Once again, deniers get excited about nothing. If it were to happen, he would lose election, LOL.
Once again... it's not a crisis to you, why should it be to me?
Dickweed

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#89 Mar 24, 2014
I would really like to add something here, but I have found that stupid stays stupid no matter what others have to say.
Yes this winter was really cold for us, but what is never reported during the winter, is how hot it is in the southern hemisphere.
The most difficult part of climate change to understand is when it is really cold here, so cold that climate change cannot possibly be real, somewhere else it is crazy hot.
I know science is hard to understand, that's why I would prefer to get my science from scientists rather then politicians and pundits who all have an agenda to push, and are led around by their financial supporters, who would all stand to loose dramatically should something change.
One of my favorite claims of the deniers is humans cannot possibly affect the weather, and government cannot fix the problem.
Well, perhaps a small lesson in history could change that opinion.
Human activity has affected the climate before and government and science fixed the problem before.
The "dust bowl" of the 30s was a 100% man-made weather phenomenon and its effects were reversed by the government. FDR, a stinkin' democrat, created the Soil and Conservation Board and their efforts changed a nation wide weather pattern in less then 6 years.
Acid rain of the 70s was also real, and man-made, and fixed by the government. A simple redesign of smokestacks in coal burning factories fixed that problem too.
But I know, I'm full of crap.
How could billions and billions of gallons of crude oil, trapped in the surface of the earth, not part of the climate for millions of years, suddenly thrown into the atmosphere through human activity in every place people live, possibly affect the air we breathe in ways that could be bad for our own survival?
Jim the Hoax Denier

Hempstead, TX

#90 Mar 24, 2014
Dickless wrote:
I would really like to add something here, but I ... stays stupid no matter what others have to say.
I know science is hard to understand, that's why I ... have an agenda to push.
One of my favorite claims of the deniers is humans cannot possibly affect the weather, and government cannot fix the problem.
Well, perhaps a small lesson in history could change that opinion.
Human activity has affected the climate before and government and science fixed the problem before.
The "dust bowl" of the 30s was a 100% man-made weather phenomenon and its effects were reversed by the government. FDR, a stinkin' democrat, created the Soil and Conservation Board and their efforts changed a nation wide weather pattern in less then 6 years.
Acid of the 70s was also real, and fixed that problem too.
I know, I'm full of crap.
Fixed a lot of your post. Gotta say that your history lesson cracks me up though. Dust bowl man made. That's a real hoot there. I can envision ol Herbert Hoover ridin' round in his Escalade flipping off the hoi polloi saying eat my dust pigs! Oh thank God for Frankie and his genius. Extending the depression for the good of mankind!
Dickweed

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#91 Mar 24, 2014
Jim the Hoax Denier wrote:
<quoted text>
Fixed a lot of your post. Gotta say that your history lesson cracks me up though. Dust bowl man made. That's a real hoot there. I can envision ol Herbert Hoover ridin' round in his Escalade flipping off the hoi polloi saying eat my dust pigs! Oh thank God for Frankie and his genius. Extending the depression for the good of mankind!
A denier trough and through.
The dust bowl was 100% man-made. and less then 500,000 men at that. Most of them using horse drawn plows, some tractors, 1930s tractors, not very fast. they plowed up all the grass in the great plains, and the grass is what held the water in the atmosphere, no grass, no water, no rain. but plenty wind, and it completely pulverized the soil into fine dust, and made the effects nationwide. You should look into it, because I'm not stupid, even though I'm a damn Liberal. The soil and Conservation board, a government beauracracy, came up with a plan to replant the grasses and found new ways to plow the land to hold the water, and before WWII the drought was OVER. Still rain in that area is precious, there are plenty of dry spells. But clearly human activity dramatically affected the CLIMATE, and of course the daily weather. Just a bunch of men plowing the land with primitive tools almost destroyed our ability to feed ourselves, and made that part of the country very difficult for people to live in.
Look it up fuckball.
Jim the Hoax Denier

Pasadena, TX

#92 Mar 25, 2014
Dickless wrote:
<quoted text>
A denier trough and through.
The dust bowl was 100% man-made.
Look it up fuckball.
I proudly deny the hoax. From the Schlockey Schtick through xbox models I'll wear that label any day. Hoaxers really are tiresome. Even though it was something I learned about 45 years ago in elementary school, before science was given over to the hoaxers, I still looked it up. As you can see, even NASA of Lord Hansen's Fiefdom acknowledges it wasn't manmade. From the linked article;

"Siegfried Schubert of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md., and colleagues used a computer model developed with modern-era satellite data to look at the climate over the past 100 years. The study found cooler than normal tropical Pacific Ocean surface temperatures combined with warmer tropical Atlantic Ocean temperatures to create conditions in the atmosphere that turned America's breadbasket into a dust bowl from 1931 to 1939. The team's data is in this week's Science magazine.

These changes in sea surface temperatures created shifts in the large-scale weather patterns and low level winds that reduced the normal supply of moisture from the Gulf of Mexico and inhibited rainfall throughout the Great Plains."

Looks like the models are pretty good at backcasting...

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/tops...

And as far as the argument goes about improving soil conservation techniques, well there's a lot more that could go into that discussion than would fit into this space. The farmers were learning and implementing lessons even before Fidel Roosevelt sent his CCC et al into the fray. The various programs implemented in the 30s only exacerbated and lengthened both the depression and the effects of the drought. There are plenty of scholarly articles on the subject. Enlighten yourself Statist.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#93 Mar 26, 2014
Jim the Hoax Denier wrote:
<quoted text>
I proudly deny the hoax. From the Schlockey Schtick through xbox models I'll wear that label any day. Hoaxers really are tiresome. Even though it was something I learned about 45 years ago in elementary school, before science was given over to the hoaxers, I still looked it up. As you can see, even NASA of Lord Hansen's Fiefdom acknowledges it wasn't manmade. From the linked article;
"Siegfried Schubert of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md., and colleagues used a computer model developed with modern-era satellite data to look at the climate over the past 100 years. The study found cooler than normal tropical Pacific Ocean surface temperatures combined with warmer tropical Atlantic Ocean temperatures to create conditions in the atmosphere that turned America's breadbasket into a dust bowl from 1931 to 1939. The team's data is in this week's Science magazine.
These changes in sea surface temperatures created shifts in the large-scale weather patterns and low level winds that reduced the normal supply of moisture from the Gulf of Mexico and inhibited rainfall throughout the Great Plains."
Looks like the models are pretty good at backcasting...
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/tops...
And as far as the argument goes about improving soil conservation techniques, well there's a lot more that could go into that discussion than would fit into this space. The farmers were learning and implementing lessons even before Fidel Roosevelt sent his CCC et al into the fray. The various programs implemented in the 30s only exacerbated and lengthened both the depression and the effects of the drought. There are plenty of scholarly articles on the subject. Enlighten yourself Statist.
That may be so, but if man hadn't broken the sod, there would not have been all that dust.
tariff

Tulsa, OK

#94 Jun 23, 2014
kuda wrote:
Oh no, here we go again! Now Inhofe feels it's "his turn" to embarrass the US with his ignorant prejudiced committee "leadership" as he rejects the whole "global warming thing’" because it’s cold outside: http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/01/06/3...
his son , my hand doctor, Perry on the contrary believed in global warming as he confided in me before he died, wonder if his old man knew that?
tariff

Tulsa, OK

#95 Jun 23, 2014
people are dying fighting over water all over this planet, even out in our western states, special interest are busy poluting it AKA Koch brothers, and they payy creeps like Inhofe to denie global warming, a planet without water is a dead planet
Jim the Hoax Denier

Pasadena, TX

#96 Jun 23, 2014
tariff wrote:
<quoted text>his son , my hand doctor, Perry on the contrary believed in global warming as he confided in me before he died, wonder if his old man knew that?
Golly Beave, you mean it's been cooling the last 80 years? I dunno Wally, maybe the Climate Clowns have been adjusting the data so it would fit the agenda of their Statist masters. Gee Beave, that doesn't seem quite right. I can't believe it's true that Climate Clowns Lie! Yeah Wally, their motto is we must we must we must adjust or bust!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/...
Jim the Hoax Denier

Pasadena, TX

#97 Jun 23, 2014
tariff wrote:
people are dying fighting over water all over this planet, even out in our western states, special interest are busy poluting it AKA Koch brothers, and they payy creeps like Inhofe to denie global warming, a planet without water is a dead planet
Hopefully the Statists don't find a way to put a tariff on stupid. You'd be dead broke. The people fighting for water are fighting for water because they either live in totalitarian regimes like our Dear Leader aspires to, or the face ridiculous regulations favored by the Statist triplets known as Pelosi/Reid/Gore, aka Man Bear Pig. As far as a planet without water... Lol.

http://water.usgs.gov/edu/earthhowmuch.html

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#98 Jun 24, 2014
Jim the Hoax Denier wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully the Statists don't find a way to put a tariff on stupid. You'd be dead broke. The people fighting for water are fighting for water because they either live in totalitarian regimes like our Dear Leader aspires to, or the face ridiculous regulations favored by the Statist triplets known as Pelosi/Reid/Gore, aka Man Bear Pig. As far as a planet without water... Lol.
http://water.usgs.gov/edu/earthhowmuch.html
Plenty of water, but not always where it is needed. What do the farmers in western Kansas, Eastern Colorado, panhandle of Oklahoma and Texas do when they pump down the Ogallala aquifer? Pipe it in....from where....

Same thing downstream of many glacier fed streams. If the glaciers melt away the available water during the growing season in many third world and subsistence farmers in other countries will not be able to support themselves.
tariff

Tulsa, OK

#99 Jun 24, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Jim Inhofe on global warming,“I was actually on your side of this issue when I was chairing that committee and I first heard about this. I thought it must be true until I found out what it cost.”
Wouldn't he be a dandy one to head the global warming committee?
Inhofe is a dangerous professed born again Christian and puppet to big oil interests that is ignorant and dangerous to future generations of children
tariff

Tulsa, OK

#100 Jun 24, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty of water, but not always where it is needed. What do the farmers in western Kansas, Eastern Colorado, panhandle of Oklahoma and Texas do when they pump down the Ogallala aquifer? Pipe it in....from where....
Same thing downstream of many glacier fed streams. If the glaciers melt away the available water during the growing season in many third world and subsistence farmers in other countries will not be able to support themselves.
Patriot, your facts are just that, facts, something the dumbo from Texas doesn't understand, he watches too much faux factless news, he really watches the blond that faces the camera's with her dress up around her vajina, good view but factless
tariff

Tulsa, OK

#101 Jun 24, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You have been ignoring the science and whining..
London, Mar. 23: People living in coastal regions of Asia could face the worst effects of global warming.
Climate experts warned that flooding, famine and rising sea levels will put hundreds of millions at risk in one of the world’s most vulnerable regions.
According to the Guardian, hundreds of millions of people are likely to lose their homes as flooding, famine and rising sea levels sweep the region.
The report, Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability, revealed that for the first half of this century countries such as the UK will avoid the worst impacts of climate change, due to rising carbon dioxide levels.
By contrast, people living in developing countries in low latitudes, particularly those along the coast of Asia, will suffer the most, the report said.
A final draft of the report will be debated by a panel of scientists set up by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) this week at a meeting in Yokohama, Japan.
Scientists warned that millions of people will be affected by coastal flooding and land loss as global temperatures rise, ice caps melt and sea levels rise.
The report added that heat stress, extreme precipitation, inland and coastal flooding, drought and water scarcity, posed risks in urban areas.
In addition, climate change will slow down economic growth, further erode food security and trigger new poverty traps.(ANI)
Spacenews, good quote and something that is for real, all these deniers grandchildren will hate them when they suffer from asma, can't breath, polluted water and wonder wh-t-fk was wrong with you? did you ever think what if you were wrong? or were you all just greedy?

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#102 Jun 25, 2014
tariff wrote:
<quoted text>Inhofe is a dangerous professed born again Christian and puppet to big oil interests that is ignorant and dangerous to future generations of children
They are just angry because the Repub's dropped the ball when they had it all. They don't understand they were the ones who fouled up. Not because of the Democrats, but they cannot admit they faltered. They just have to blame it on someone else. It is not because they don't think global warming is happening, it is because they must be against whatever the Democrats do. The Party of NO.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#103 Jun 25, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
They are just angry because the Repub's dropped the ball when they had it all. They don't understand they were the ones who fouled up. Not because of the Democrats, but they cannot admit they faltered. They just have to blame it on someone else. It is not because they don't think global warming is happening, it is because they must be against whatever the Democrats do. The Party of NO.
Wait for more.. furious Chris McDaniel refused to concede the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate to incumbent Sen. Thad Cochran on Tuesday night, casting a pall of illegitimacy on Cochran's win in a heated runoff battle.

In an approximately nine-minute long speech after multiple news outlets had handed victory to Cochran, McDaniel accused his intra-party opponents of "abandoning the conservative movement" to win — without ever mentioning Cochran by name.

"There’s something strange about a Republican primary that’s decided by liberal Democrats," McDaniel said, after he was introduced by a supporter as "the Republican nominee" for Senate.

"It's our job to make sure the sanctity of the vote is upheld."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 1 hr WarForOil 83,067
News Oklahoma teen convicted in slaying of Australia... 23 hr Talking Hindu 1
News Oklahoma bill on Uber deletes protection for ga... Fri Wondering 16
News Oklahoma House approves sale of refrigerated hi... Apr 16 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Stephen Colbert Destroys Oklahoma Governor For ... (Nov '13) Apr 15 swedenforever 36
News Lawsuit Against DHS Could Lead To Reform (Feb '08) Apr 14 kids 70
Latest on Americas Summit: Pot bangers protest ... Apr 12 Confused 1
More from around the web