New Rule Intended To Limit Pseudoephedrine Use In Oklahoma

There are 20 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Nov 3, 2009, titled New Rule Intended To Limit Pseudoephedrine Use In Oklahoma. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

The Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics is starting a new program intended to limit the illegal use of pseudoephedrine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ryder

Tulsa, OK

#1 Nov 3, 2009
I wonder how much information we'd have to provide our pharmacy staff in order to purchase an "over the counter" medication before people would stand up and say enough. I'm glad that methamphetamine production is way down, but I have a big problem when I see our citizenry willingly giving away freedoms no questions asked.
gonzo

Broken Arrow, OK

#2 Nov 3, 2009
Just great,another new rule by big brother.Next thing you know we will have to show an I.D. for a bottle of soda,because that is what these kooks are cooking their crap in! How about stiffer penalties for these criminals,but I guess that would be too easy.
my2cents

Tulsa, OK

#4 Nov 3, 2009
Let's see, I have coffee filters in my office that look like that. Does this mean that someone in my office is making meth! What a crock - filters, Reynolds wrap, soda.
Babs

Tulsa, OK

#5 Nov 3, 2009
I can't believe you people. What are you afraid of? Maybe a better question should be what are you hiding? Meth addicts hurt many more people than just themselves. Look at the people that have died recently because of some meth head's carelessness.
morethanyoudthin k

Tulsa, OK

#6 Nov 3, 2009
Its pretty redic that pseudoephedrine is now a black market item. Mexican labs are just creating pre-cursors to meth now. They are shipping tons of pseudophed across the boarder and its not even an illegal prodcut. Soon, there will be a black market for soda, and everything else the govt wants to take away from us.
old fart

Tulsa, OK

#7 Nov 3, 2009
Well, seems to me that when you have to show them your drivers license in order to purchase it, ALREADY contains your birth date. What a bunch of bureaucratic b.s.
can you say duh?
gonzo

Broken Arrow, OK

#8 Nov 3, 2009
Babs wrote:
I can't believe you people. What are you afraid of? Maybe a better question should be what are you hiding? Meth addicts hurt many more people than just themselves. Look at the people that have died recently because of some meth head's carelessness.
I tell you what is wrong. Why in the do all of us have to pay the price for the actions of a few dopers? Everyone who buys sudafed isn"t necessarily a doper! And where does it all end?? Next it is aluminum foil for your Turkey.Camping fuel for your family outing?Pull your head out!!!
Seriously Seth

Stillwater, OK

#9 Nov 3, 2009
Why don't we go ahead and list our Social Security number, right thumb print and while we are at a retina scan?

How about a super secret code word?

Enough is enough.

Babs - I don't think *we* are 'afraid'- just tired of trying to be able to breathe normally through our nasal passages. If it weren't meth it would be some other illegal high.
TheyKilledKenny

Columbus, OH

#10 Nov 3, 2009
Babs wrote:
I can't believe you people. What are you afraid of? Maybe a better question should be what are you hiding? Meth addicts hurt many more people than just themselves. Look at the people that have died recently because of some meth head's carelessness.
I'm hiding that I like to drink coffee, make homemade ice cream for the kids (using the rock salt in the picture) and wrap my leftovers in tin foil.
Old Timer

Tulsa, OK

#11 Nov 3, 2009
The goal of all drug users is to frustrate the public enough that we (the ones who follow the law) give in and give up and vote to make drug use legal.

Having lost a brother to meth use, I do not mind if they finger-print me, take my picture, ask for a birth certificate when I need Sudafed. I would do anything to stop this drug and save a family the pain of burying a loved one.
gonzo

Broken Arrow, OK

#12 Nov 3, 2009
Babs wrote:
I can't believe you people. What are you afraid of? Maybe a better question should be what are you hiding? Meth addicts hurt many more people than just themselves. Look at the people that have died recently because of some meth head's care
l
essness.
Next,when they outlaw coffee filters the dopers will use maybe a kotex to filter their crap. Babs do you really want to show I.D.for that ???
Wes from Midwest City

Montgomery, AL

#13 Nov 3, 2009
But think about it, if they did not do this program, then we would have to have prescriptions for even OTC meds and pay insurance price for the OTC meds. I rather show my ID and get my Claritin D quickly when I need it right then cause of an allergy issue, then be suffering and having to wait to see my doctor just to get a prescription for them and pay three times the amouht they charge now.
Ryder wrote:
I wonder how much information we'd have to provide our pharmacy staff in order to purchase an "over the counter" medication before people would stand up and say enough. I'm glad that methamphetamine production is way down, but I have a big problem when I see our citizenry willingly giving away freedoms no questions asked.
Ann

Tulsa, OK

#14 Nov 3, 2009
Great now we can even get a freakin cold medicine.........

Since: Mar 08

Broken Arrow, OK

#16 Nov 3, 2009
I agree with all of you..it is sad.

Im glad they are making it tougher to get but you what? you wanna make drugs you will find a way and even the info you get if you have 10 friends that can buy it they will still do it. I dont like how they have a picture of what it takes to make it, not cool. And yes when will it stop? pretty soon we will have to have info to buy coffee filters...good grief!
slimjim

Tulsa, OK

#17 Nov 3, 2009
As I see it if they would lock up the meth cookers for longer than ten minuates we would not have this situation. We certainly have the drug dealers around this town competing with the mexican drug cartels and getting killed.
Just a Tulsan

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Nov 3, 2009
Of course the pharmacist wants Pseudoephedrine to be available by prescription only. That way the pharmacy can make more money from the insurance companies. Since my birth date is already on my drivers license I don't understand why they are not using that information already. They have everyone's address so why didn't they have everyone's DOB?
common sense

Pauls Valley, OK

#20 Nov 3, 2009
well I hope they put that bitch behind bars forever because I'm sick and tired of being harrassed by walmart every time I need allergy meds for my kids
SLK500

Tulsa, OK

#21 Nov 4, 2009
Hey Look,

The horse is out of the barn,

Go ahead and close the door,

This ingrediant is not being used in the new

formula for shake and bake

and the DL already has the DOB

maybe the article indicates they are now cross

connecting DOB's in a data base using an

algorythem to look for recurring DOB's

to detect duplications of fake ID's.

but they just didn't want to say so.

Anyhow, most MeathHeads arn't smart, but they are

very persistant and METHodical.

OK, Im's going to make some drip coffee now.
Pharmacy Technician

Locust Grove, OK

#22 Nov 4, 2009
I know a lot of people don't want to see pseudoephedrine become by prescription only but people dont understand how many people who are buying it to make meth. I know several pharmacies who have stop selling pseudoephedrine by its self. They only sell it when its combined with Claritin or Mucinex and so on, but people are now being able to make meth out of those now, some how. At the pharmacy I work at we had started to only accept an valid driver's licenses to get pseudoephedrine, not a red state ID card. Most meth makers have had their driver's licenses taken away because they were caught making meth, but can get an ID card and come in and buy it. We had decided to start doing it because they can buy at one pharmacy with an ID and at another with a driver's licenses and get more than what the limit per person is. We found out that they can get up to three different ID's other than a driver's licenses and each of them have a different number. Our main manager had told us after about a month that we couldnt do that anymore because 'we were not the police'. We make too much money selling it so restricting it would hurt our profit but we dont want to aid in meth making. In Mayes County meth is becoming very popular and people dont realize it because their not burning their houses down and getting on the news.
Pharmacy Technician

Locust Grove, OK

#23 Nov 4, 2009
At the pharmacy I work at, you can chose to run a prescription as cash or on the insurance. You have the choice. If you chose to run it as cash, I dont think you dont pay taxes. I know for a fact that if you ask your regular Dr., your PCP, for a prescription for pseudoephedrine that they will just call it in to the pharmacy without ever seeing you. When people who take CII's on a regular bases, these are the prescriptions that have to be hand written by the Dr. like methadone, percocet, etc, they will just mail them to the patient without seeing them if they know they are not abusing it. Or just write it and let the patient go by and pick it up at the Dr. office.
Ann wrote:
Great now we can even get a freakin cold medicine.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who are you voting for in the Oklahoma Governor... (Oct '14) 34 min Vype 71
News The State of the Cherokee Nation: A Tale of Two... (Mar '13) 56 min Fred 7
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 3 hr WarForOil 83,155
News US Supreme Court to consider challenge to execu... Apr 29 xplode 7
News Lawsuit Filed Against Department Of Human Services (Feb '08) Apr 24 dossa mattr 299
disturbing similarities between the kkk and the... (Mar '12) Apr 23 Uber-Bro of the U... 92
Boycott Pepe Delgado's of Norman, OK (Jul '10) Apr 22 shutupdustbowler 43
More from around the web