Oklahoma: $200 Million In Delinquent Taxes Are Uncollectable

Full story: Oklahoma Impact Team

The Top 100 Tax Delinquents list is published by the Oklahoma Tax Commission. Bruce Bonnett is number one on the list.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sally

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

Why don't than arrest them and take what they have and auction it off and paid some of what they owe.That is the right thing to do.You know they have others asset they just don't want u to know.We can't let them get away with it and if they live out of state go after them and sell everything to pay back.
slimjim

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

The state should pursue each deliquent including foreclosure.
Another Known Fact

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

So your telling me not to pay my Oklahoma Taxes. That they cant do anything except sieze things and that I need to put everything in someone else name. Interesting. Yet someone doesnt pay child support and they can revoke licenses, seize money and goods, and put them in jail, etc. For owing a few thousand at best. Yet someone that owes millions its no big deal.
johnmay

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

Another Known Fact wrote:
So your telling me not to pay my Oklahoma Taxes. That they cant do anything except sieze things and that I need to put everything in someone else name. Interesting. Yet someone doesnt pay child support and they can revoke licenses, seize money and goods, and put them in jail, etc. For owing a few thousand at best. Yet someone that owes millions its no big deal.
Sounds like you are a "dead beat dad"... The state of Oklahoma does not need the money as bad as your children need the money. Did you know that there are literally HUNDREDS of tax write offs? Pay your child support of go to jail. Take care of you kids you loser.
Miss Molly

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Jay Jones... now there's a name from the past. Wonder what Holly is up too these days...
summer

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

This story seemed like a witch hunt especially by fullbright. She seems to just stir up trouble. The list was mostly companies that have filed bankruptcy. Oklahoma taxes are way too high anyway. I don't like how they went to these people's home and singled them out for being in debt. If our tax money was better spent and they were accountable to the people of oklahoma it would be a different story. Plus again, the list was for debt's that were from years ago and I'm not saying people should not pay their taxes, but what is to be done?
Liberty1

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

I pay my taxes and make $26000 a year. How unfair is this!
Paul N Mavini

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

The best a Tulsan could do is a distant 3rd place? Come ON people...
steph

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

Seems like it would go against basic journalistic practice to quote the person that has the byline for the story.
bamonster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

Looks like a big wish list, they need to write off a bunch of them, can't collect from dead people and companies that disappeared in the 80's. Looks like another stupid government maintained list for things to keep high paid people busy.
FED UP

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

They say they have no way to collect past due taxes because these deadbeats have no assets??? If they are working, their pay is an asset!!! I work with 2 people who are having their paychecks garnished by the OTC for not paying their taxes!!! What a CROCK!!!!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

summer wrote:
This story seemed like a witch hunt especially by fullbright. She seems to just stir up trouble. The list was mostly companies that have filed bankruptcy. Oklahoma taxes are way too high anyway. I don't like how they went to these people's home and singled them out for being in debt. If our tax money was better spent and they were accountable to the people of oklahoma it would be a different story. Plus again, the list was for debt's that were from years ago and I'm not saying people should not pay their taxes, but what is to be done?
Bankruptcy does not absolve one from taxes.
Road Rage

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

I saw this story on TV a couple of days ago. I don't understand why the OTC keeps a list of taxes it can't collect because there is no money to collect (from business that don't exist anymore, people who have declared bankruptcy, etc). A normal business would write off these uncollectable receivables. I suggest OTC do the same.
Billie Ellis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

I do not get this. My sister worked for a company out of state, and when she found out that the 4 years she worked for them, they did not collect Oklahoma State Taxes, she HAD to pay them back. They actually threated to keep her Federal Income Tax money she got back. She had to fight with them to set up a payment plan that she could afford to do. They were complete jacka@@es to her when she would call them. So if they can collect from a person who just makes $40,000 a year, then they can collect from the people on that list. Get creative. Even if the asset is in their spouses name, they should still be able to get that stuff. It is just a way for them NOT to pay. Lazy SOB's. I make 30,000 (if that) and I pay my taxes. So those people, who I am pretty sure make more then me and my sister, can start paying them. Its call PAYMENT ARRAIGMENTS.
Fed Up

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

This whole story is crap. These allegations are based on the sole information provided by OTC. If you have ever dealt with these people you would know how dishonest and deceitful these people are. They dream up preposterous figures add penalties and interest rates that would embarass a loan shark. I don't believe any of this story and as a previous commenter stated... it's propaganda. The truth is most Oklahomans pay more than their share of the taxes and when called in for an audit are called everything but a citizen by the most illiterate and incompetent individuals who work for state government. Other than the fact most of these individuals could not hold, attain, perform and execute a real job in the private sector, I'm sure they are well intentioned drones who suck the livelyhood out of the people who generate the real jobs and opportunities. Wow, you must have struck a nerve.lol
Connie-LSL

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

So geez, whats the use????
Connie-LSL

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

FED UP wrote:
They say they have no way to collect past due taxes because these deadbeats have no assets??? If they are working, their pay is an asset!!! I work with 2 people who are having their paychecks garnished by the OTC for not paying their taxes!!! What a CROCK!!!!!
Exactly!
T-town Runner

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

If you can't afford to pay your state taxes you shouldn't be allowed to live in Oklahoma AT ALL!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

The OTC does not have to inform taxpayers of tax rules. Only recently have they changed the law that if they pay YOU late THEY have to pay any interest (no penalties). The OTC do not update their tax withholding tables to match the tax that should be withheld so many, many people wind up owing the OTC simply because accurate amounts were not withheld.
That said...if these were Federal taxes they would take it out of their bank accounts, and oh yes, they can find them all quite easily and then the bank will charge YOU for them to take it out of your account.

Since: Feb 09

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

slimjim wrote:
The state should pursue each deliquent including foreclosure.
Are you speaking of the same OTC that ran a "deal" a couple of years ago? You know, a sort of double or nothing amnesty? And then they turned all of the ones who made arrangements to a collection agency to collect the payments each month and or call and threaten the people and send them threatening letters when the people were keeping the arrangement they had made with the state? And do you really suppose the collection agency did that for free? Wonder what the commission rate was that they paid, 50%? 40%?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oklahoma Government Discussions

Search the Oklahoma Government Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Muslims are destroying America (Jan '12) 10 hr SATX78154 386
Lawsuit Filed Against Department Of Human Services (Feb '08) Apr 15 angie hiawia 289
Governor Fallin debates with Democrats over usi... Apr 9 yeah 1
Gay Couples in Okla. Case to be Honored Mar '14 snyper 2
Earthquakes in Oklahoma are the new normal Mar '14 Checkman69 4
Emergency Room Overuse (May '08) Mar '14 CrazyThinker22 18
Can giant walls protect the USA from tornadoes? Mar '14 cowboy 2
•••
•••
•••
•••