Gun law changes take effect Nov. 1

Gun law changes take effect Nov. 1

There are 6 comments on the Free Republic story from Jun 5, 2012, titled Gun law changes take effect Nov. 1. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Someone using the handle 'bronathan' posted a question on a Web page dedicated to Senate Bill 1733, an open carry bill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

sharkey

Louisville, KY

#1 Jun 5, 2012
It's a good question. Here in Indiana, if you are an Indiana resident, a non-resident license from another state is not honored.

For example:

Sen. Dick Lugar could have a non-resident Utah carry permit and Indiana will honor it since he is not a resident of this State.

Whereas Richard Mourdock, who IS a resident of Indiana, is required to obtain an Indiana License to Carry Handgun.

Clearly, every State differs in their laws, and asking if OK would honor a TX non-resident CCW for an OK resident is a question that many people might overlook. And possibly run afoul of a loophole in the law.

pigpen911

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 5, 2012
My CCW should be honored in all 50 states(or 57 according to Obama)just the same as my DL.The law in NYS is even more screwed up,my CCW is NOT honored in NY City,but a NYC CCW is good in the entire state.Many people over the years have been nailed,locked up,lost their CCW and fined because of this stupid law.There shoud be a national CCW.
Rational Tulsans

Tulsa, OK

#3 Jun 5, 2012
Members of my group (Black Liberation Army for Reparations) will be stocking up on weapons. We are so angry, that we do not know what to do. I assaulted an innocent white man last Friday. He had a anti-Obama sticker on his car, I went blank, and I foamed at the mouth.
We tackled him from behind, and I had five scorpions in a jar. My boys held him down, and I opened the jar and released the scorpions in his pants. Then I kicked him in the head.

“The one who knows”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4 Jun 5, 2012
Rational Tulsans wrote:
Members of my group (Black Liberation Army for Reparations) will be stocking up on weapons. We are so angry, that we do not know what to do. I assaulted an innocent white man last Friday. He had a anti-Obama sticker on his car, I went blank, and I foamed at the mouth.
We tackled him from behind, and I had five scorpions in a jar. My boys held him down, and I opened the jar and released the scorpions in his pants. Then I kicked him in the head.
What would you do if that white man had a gun?
Kielbasa

Bellingham, WA

#5 Jun 5, 2012
"The position of the Catholic Church against the death penalty has often been reiterated,” he said. "The killing of the guilty is not the way to rebuild justice and reconcile society, rather there is a risk of nourishing the spirit of revenge and inciting fresh violence.”
http://www.catholic.org/international/interna...

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#6 Jun 6, 2012
Rational Tulsans wrote:
They are outnumbered by armed white people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wrongful Convictions -- Stealing Lives One Pers... (Jul '08) Thu Laura Banedetti 8,979
News Trump picks fossil fuel ally to head environmen... Thu bootsaremadeforwa... 1
News Oklahoma lawmaker wants armed officers in priva... Wed twoplusadendum 1
News Oklahoma 'Right to Farm' proposal voted down Nov 9 greenacres 1
News Oklahoma Voters On The Sidelines This President... Oct '16 Alvin Boss 2
News Okla. voters are on the sidelines this presiden... Oct '16 PussyGrabsBack 12
News Federal agency sues Oklahoma 7-Eleven stores ov... Oct '16 NbSissy 1
More from around the web