Weather groundhog Phil 'indicted

Posted in the Ohio Forum

xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#1 Mar 23, 2013
(CNN)-- Punxsutawney Phil lied.

That's what a prosecutor in Ohio says. He has filed a criminal "indictment" against the famed groundhog, who, year for year on February 2, emerges from his burrow at Gobbler's Knob to predict whether spring will come early or winter will linger.

If he sees his shadow, it means six more weeks of chill. If not, short sleeves are days away.
This year, Phil got it wrong, and it's not the first time.

On the first day of spring this past Wednesday, the Northeast got pelted with more than a foot of snow. It's still cold two days later, and more chilly weather is in the forecast.

Snow on the first day of spring

Michael T. Gmoser is sick of it, and he wants someone to pay.

"I woke up this morning and the wind was blowing, the snow was flying, the temperatures were falling, and I said 'Punxsutawney, you let us down,' " the prosecutor told CNN affiliate WXIX.

The homepage of the Butler County, Ohio, prosecutor's office, which Gmoser heads, prominently features alerts against scammers.

Shadows aren't just for groundhogs

Gmoser is convinced that Phil is one and that he intentionally misled the nation. Now, trouble with the law is a brewing for the famous rodent from Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/ohio-punxsut...

Who says people in Ohio have no sense of humor? LOL!
Bubba

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Mar 28, 2013
If being wrong about the weather was a crime, there would be no weatherman on tv.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3 Mar 28, 2013
That's the nice thing about being a weatherman or doctor: no matter how many times you get it wrong, you're never out of a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tea party plans to abandon some of their GOP stars (Aug '13) 6 hr swedenforever 137
Van Wert Co. jobless rate slides to 4.3 percent 17 hr truth 3
Ohio man says dog got the best of would-be burglar Wed Fundieraisers 3
Ohio approves state smoking ban (Nov '06) Wed Sneaky Pete 76,122
Romney version 3.0? Jan 27 Responsibility 158
Ohio, Warren County to sue Obama Administration... Jan 26 Star On 47 1
States look at hiking gas tax as fuel prices pl... Jan 24 Retired SOF 83
More from around the web