25-year-old Detroit Lotto winner foun...

25-year-old Detroit Lotto winner found dead

Posted in the Ohio Forum

xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#1 Sep 30, 2012
A Michigan woman who was busted for collecting food stamps even after winning $1 million in the state lottery's "Make Me Rich!" game show was found dead Saturday.

Authorities said Amanda Clayton, who neighbors claimed was using her riches to try and have them killed, died of a possible drug overdose.

The 25-year-old received nine months probation in June after pleading no contest to fraud after collecting $5,500 in state food aid and medical benefits, according to The Detroit News. She got nabbed because she never told officials she won the lottery.

Clayton repaid the money and received six months probation in July, her attorney said.
In August, a dispute outside her home led to accusations Clayton was trying to murder her neighbors.

Four people were charged in that incident with assault after a fight over grass clippings, The Detroit News reported. That fight included a toy gun, a knife and a baseball bat.

Neighbor Candace Combs later claimed Clayton had hired men to try and kill her, along with another neighbor.

"She's using her money to try to kill us," neighbor Candace Combs told Fox 2 News in Detroit.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/25-y...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charter schools among the most segregated in Ohio 5 hr Xposing u for u 25
4 imprint Dec 8 Angry people 1
News Tea party plans to abandon some of their GOP stars (Aug '13) Dec 4 Plummet loyalty 152
News The Latest: Minister: Slayings of 8 rocked Ohio... (May '16) Dec 4 Donna3 356
News Michigan loses another quarterback: Who will be... Nov 30 storm warning 1
News Despite Wes Goodman resignation, Ohio House ope... Nov 28 ron 3
News the Smoke-free trend (Nov '06) Nov 25 Oh Come On 177
More from around the web