Ohio Slipping Out Of Romney's Reach

Ohio Slipping Out Of Romney's Reach

There are 2840 comments on the ABC News story from Sep 26, 2012, titled Ohio Slipping Out Of Romney's Reach. In it, ABC News reports that:

OHIO NOW LEANS OBAMA: ABC News Political Director Amy Walter notes that today's New York Times-CBS News-Quinnipiac poll is the fourth non-partisan media poll in a row to show President Obama not only ahead by a significant margin, but at or above 50 percent of the vote.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#293 Oct 2, 2012
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is what? That you apparently don't like people who have a Rolls Royce? The difference between you and me is that I see the guy with his Rolls Royce and I think hmmm, that's cool,.....he's got a Rolls Royce, and it's about 1 second of thought. With you it apparently bugs you that anybody has anything of value which you seem to think they don't deserve and shouldn't have which is kind of weird. How does it hurt you in any way that someone else has something of value?
I find it comical and not very realistic that Mittens is trying so hard to be just a regular guy, especially after he said he hates half the country. Don't you?

Location hidden

#294 Oct 2, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. So has my boss. A few times in 23 years. Big deal. A rep from PriceWaterhouse and I participated in the audit. Nothing untoward in his returns.
The only PITA was one female IRS agent that kept insisting we have the audit 'at his stable.' He has a fully functioning office with all records stored in the city.
No matter what I would explain to this woman, "there is nothing at the stable but stalls and horses. No meeting facilities whatsoever, no heat, no A/C," she kept insisting. She must have just seen the movie Secretariat.
When she finally got off the stable idea, she comes up with 'we'll hold the audit at the farm operation.' Where? In a silo or a corn bin? Once that got through her head, she just dropped that audit.
Oh, btw, I don't look at your biased links. Huffington Post, Daily KOS...really?
If there is nothing there he should just show them right?
notlocal

AOL

#295 Oct 2, 2012
Congressional Malfeasance wrote:
The plan is, start with massive Tax cuts for rich people, on top of extending the Bush cuts leading to about 5 trillion in additional debt.
Then, they say they'll close loopholes in the tax code, won't say which and won't say how much it would return.
Result, more debt period.
Then, they'll cut every program they can get their hands on that support the middle class in any way leading to less employment and less growth and less money in peoples pockets and less productivity!!!!
Oh sand spend MORE on the War on Terror, less on Veterans!
it seems it's the bush years on steriods, and oh, if you're a woman, you can forget the privacy of your Vagina!
None of that is right. Ryan already said no Sch A tax deductions will be scrapped....some obsure deductions for the wealthy because only the wealthy can afford to participate in those activities will be axed.

The whold agenda will be job driven. Go educate yourself on how that will come about under Romney.

More people working more money into the tax coffers and less out to government assistance. Middle class tax cut.

Less money on veterans? Did you know the Veterans Adminstration is under investigation now for the millions they have spent on out of the country 'conferences?' How about that money going to veterans?

Well, Obama has set us up where we are going to have to get more involved in the mideast and lose more lives. The treasoness bastard.

How could we have less jobs, less productivity and a lower GDP then we've had under Obama.

There is no war on women. Funny you should say that now though because the dems have an ad out aimed at women saying 'vote with you lady parts' Brilliant.

Sandra Fluke, what a role model. Do you have a daughter like her?
notlocal

AOL

#296 Oct 2, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it comical and not very realistic that Mittens is trying so hard to be just a regular guy, especially after he said he hates half the country. Don't you?
That's not what he said, you've twisted his words and everyone in the country has seen the hidden tape, so who are you fooling besides yourself?
notlocal

AOL

#297 Oct 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Really? Are you saying readers of your posts can know or perceive that you are educated and wealthy?
I never said I was wealthy.
I'm very good at what I do or I would not have held my job 23 years.
I am pro-choice, just think the choice should be made before you part your knees.
I don't want to pay taxes to go to drugged out welfare moms who neglect their children.
You are no challenge to my intelligence or wit, and an education is no indication of IQ.
I do not look at your stupid biased links.
Obama is a liar and the worse president in history.
I think that's about all we have to say to eachother.

Location hidden

#298 Oct 2, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. So has my boss. A few times in 23 years. Big deal. A rep from PriceWaterhouse and I participated in the audit. Nothing untoward in his returns.
The only PITA was one female IRS agent that kept insisting we have the audit 'at his stable.' He has a fully functioning office with all records stored in the city.
No matter what I would explain to this woman, "there is nothing at the stable but stalls and horses. No meeting facilities whatsoever, no heat, no A/C," she kept insisting. She must have just seen the movie Secretariat.
When she finally got off the stable idea, she comes up with 'we'll hold the audit at the farm operation.' Where? In a silo or a corn bin? Once that got through her head, she just dropped that audit.
Oh, btw, I don't look at your biased links. Huffington Post, Daily KOS...really?
Pretty obvious you don't read much of anything except maybe Red State and NewsMax. Like Palin I suppose.

Location hidden

#300 Oct 2, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I was wealthy.
I'm very good at what I do or I would not have held my job 23 years.
I am pro-choice, just think the choice should be made before you part your knees.
I don't want to pay taxes to go to drugged out welfare moms who neglect their children.
You are no challenge to my intelligence or wit, and an education is no indication of IQ.
I do not look at your stupid biased links.
Obama is a liar and the worse president in history.
I think that's about all we have to say to eachother.
Obama is worst Pres in history, but he made NewsWeek as one of the top ten. Guess if he is worst that is why Rmoney is losing.

Location hidden

#302 Oct 2, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that is right. Ryan already said no Sch A tax deductions will be scrapped....some obsure deductions for the wealthy because only the wealthy can afford to participate in those activities will be axed.
The whold agenda will be job driven. Go educate yourself on how that will come about under Romney.
More people working more money into the tax coffers and less out to government assistance. Middle class tax cut.
Less money on veterans? Did you know the Veterans Adminstration is under investigation now for the millions they have spent on out of the country 'conferences?' How about that money going to veterans?
Well, Obama has set us up where we are going to have to get more involved in the mideast and lose more lives. The treasoness bastard.
How could we have less jobs, less productivity and a lower GDP then we've had under Obama.
There is no war on women. Funny you should say that now though because the dems have an ad out aimed at women saying 'vote with you lady parts' Brilliant.
Sandra Fluke, what a role model. Do you have a daughter like her?
Why are you attacking Sandra Fluke? She is a young married woman with a Law Degree. Is that something she should be ashamed of?
You should be ashamed of yourself and if you have children I bet they are ashamed of your backwoods bigotry. You are to be pitied.
Jazzcat

AOL

#303 Oct 3, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Offshore accounts are often used as tax havens. Period. If you don't use them that way, congratulations for following the IRS tax code, however, neither the Caymen's nor any other foreign banks report to the U.S. I.R.S. it is up to the individual or business to do so.
I would bet he used the tax amnesty program for offshore unclaimed tax liabilities during the last few years. Meaning he wasn't reporting the income that was flowing from overseas investments into these accounts. He knew the amnesty was coming, so like many, he drew intrest on tens of millions of dollars for years, then was able to pay taxes with no penalties after the fact.
It's a good plan, and works very well to put a few extra bucks in your pocket. It doesn't however look very good for a candidate for POTUS..
Betting that's why we haven't seen the previous returns. Not that he didn't pay taxes, just that he games the system where he can, to make a buck or two.
Thank you. Romney, like my boss most likely files squeaky clean tax returns, following the IRS code, and doesn't take advantage of the amnesty program, particularly Romney as he has been in politics for so long.
I believe I heard his assets are held in a blind trust?
In any event, I don't think he 'games' the system anymore then "we" (my office and employment) do. Which is not at all.
This 'show us your taxes' has gone on too long and if he produces every return he's ever filed, it's not going to get the country out of the mess, domestically and internationally, that we find ourselves in.
I'll tell you, that tape of Obama from 2007, promoting racism and division, really irritated me. He's been 'gaming' all of us for a long time on much more serious issues.

Farmington, MO

#304 Oct 3, 2012
Jazzcat wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. Romney, like my boss most likely files squeaky clean tax returns, following the IRS code, and doesn't take advantage of the amnesty program, particularly Romney as he has been in politics for so long.
In any event, I don't think he 'games' the system anymore then "we" (my office and employment) do. Which is not at all.
This 'show us your taxes' has gone on too long and if he produces every return he's ever filed, it's not going to get the country out of the mess, domestically and internationally, that we find ourselves in.
I'll tell you, that tape of Obama from 2007, promoting racism and division, really irritated me. He's been 'gaming' all of us for a long time on much more serious issues.
Lmao! That breaking news from 2007? That was covered not by a hidden camera but in the national news at the time. That Fox has now taken snippets from, out of context as usual, to fire up a base, and try to get them interested in voting against Obama. Since not many people seem to be giving any reasons to vote for Romney.

Romney, a corporate buyout, China labor investor, squeaky clean? Yep, no way he's all about the money. He's a kind, caring, average American family guy, just ask Ann, she'll tell ya! Lmao!

I can only hope that I missed the sarcasm in your statement.
notlocal

AOL

#305 Oct 3, 2012
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is what? That you apparently don't like people who have a Rolls Royce? The difference between you and me is that I see the guy with his Rolls Royce and I think hmmm, that's cool,.....he's got a Rolls Royce, and it's about 1 second of thought. With you it apparently bugs you that anybody has anything of value which you seem to think they don't deserve and shouldn't have which is kind of weird. How does it hurt you in any way that someone else has something of value?
I have a friend who owns a body shop. He has over 200 cars on his property that he has bought and restored. Everything from corvairs to a British taxi. He's a hoarder. Then he has to put up pole buildings to house them. That's why I question the age of the Rolls Royce. It's a sickness.:-)

Joe, the white male is the most decriminated against group in the country and has been for quite some time. You have a business? Put it in your wife or daughter's name.

There is no war on women.
notlocal

AOL

#306 Oct 3, 2012
Jazzcat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Romney, like my boss most likely files squeaky clean tax returns, following the IRS code, and doesn't take advantage of the amnesty program, particularly Romney as he has been in politics for so long.
Interesting. I haven't seen all of the 07 tape of Obama, but what I did see was a completely different representation of how he has talked and appeared in public.

I am quite afraid for the country if he is re-elected.

I am afraid there will be riots if he is not. Here, you don't see bumper stickers of lawn signs for either candidate.

Farmington, MO

#307 Oct 3, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. I haven't seen all of the 07 tape of Obama.
If you judge on sound bites, then you are part of the problem. Watch the whole video,(you'll never see it all on Fox News) and if you see race hatred, when his words are in context, please tell me which race it is you believe he hates.

Spin spin spin! It's all the GOP has left!

"Obama got rid of the welfare work requirement"

False!

"Obama cut 700 billion from Medicaid"

False!

"Obama has grown the federal government, spending out of control"

Less than any president in over 50 years!

Every commercial from the GOP that I take the time to fact check, even a little, on. Winds up being nothing but falsehoods, some spin, some blatant lies!

And this is the "American values" party? Not my values, not by a long shot!
Congressional Malfeasance

Fitchburg, MA

#308 Oct 3, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! That breaking news from 2007? That was covered not by a hidden camera but in the national news at the time. That Fox has now taken snippets from, out of context as usual, to fire up a base, and try to get them interested in voting against Obama. Since not many people seem to be giving any reasons to vote for Romney.
Romney, a corporate buyout, China labor investor, squeaky clean? Yep, no way he's all about the money. He's a kind, caring, average American family guy, just ask Ann, she'll tell ya! Lmao!
I can only hope that I missed the sarcasm in your statement.
Yes, they do think they can drum up ridiculous scary black things which they tried in 2007 and nobody bit at it!

Really, really desperate at this point, really desperate!

All the Ryan Romney video's are from the last year!!!!!!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#309 Oct 3, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to the Republican No Trickle Down Economics the middle class have become the poor.
Oh, is that what caused the middle-class to become the poor?

I thought it was 99 weeks of unemployment. I thought it was record levels of people claiming disability and going on SS after they ran out of unemployment. I thought it was because of the expanding welfare rolls and 47 million people on food stamps. I thought it was the ever increasing amount of people who decided to stop looking for work.

But I guess it's none of that. It's all trickle down economics. How silly of me.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#310 Oct 3, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
I was only showing how Mitt Romney relates to the middle class voters that he is wanting to vote for him. He relates with them so good.
The problem here is that you think Republicans are like Democrats.

We avoid relating to groups of people. Republicans try to relate to all Americans. It's the Democrat strategy to divide people up in America, try to get them to hate each other, and then provide goodies to the selected groups of people that are now labeled victims.

I don't expect a President to be on my level. I want a President who is way above my level. If I want somebody on my level to be President, then I'll run for office myself.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#311 Oct 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Some reporter took and tweeted a photo of a car outside Romney Fundraiser in VA the other day. It was a Rolls Royce and plate said MY ROLLS and there was a Rmoney/Ryan bumper sticker on it. Reporter did say there were some lower priced cars there too like BMW's, Mercedes, etc.
Daily Kos: Mitt Romney is a hero to his yachting friends
Do tell, do they have any pictures of the cars at DumBama's $30,000 per plate fund raising dinner?

I'm sure they do, they were just embarrassed to display all of those 1998 Cutlass Supremes and VW vans.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#312 Oct 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Can't wait to hear the 'Zingers' he has planned for tomorrow night. Heard he has been practicing. Hope someone secretly videotaped it. That would be good.
It won't be hard to launch zingers at DumBama. After all, his ads can lie all they want because there is nobody to refute those commercials on site. That won't happen during the debate. When Obama lies, Romney can be quick to point it out.

It's like the old saying, the one great thing about always telling the truth is you never have to remember what you said. That is why DumBama will have a hard time during these debates.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#313 Oct 3, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, is that what caused the middle-class to become the poor?
I thought it was 99 weeks of unemployment. I thought it was record levels of people claiming disability and going on SS after they ran out of unemployment. I thought it was because of the expanding welfare rolls and 47 million people on food stamps. I thought it was the ever increasing amount of people who decided to stop looking for work.
But I guess it's none of that. It's all trickle down economics. How silly of me.
See what eight years of Republican Voodoo Trickle Down Economic policies has caused the worse recession in this nations history. Thanks for sharing the tragic Republican policies.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#314 Oct 3, 2012
<quoted text>
The Romneys have been audited dumbass.
WOW! Now there's a newsflash. Wealthy people are being audited. I mean....... how many times does that happen? Once in a blue moon? I really thought the IRS was after people who deducted $1,900 of mortgage deduction instead of the $1,700 deduction they really had.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio comedian mayor facing civil lawsuit, inves... (Dec '15) 12 hr EEBIE 139
News Trump kicks off victory tour with Cincinnati ra... 19 hr freedom2016 67
News Graduation rules 22 hr ChauvinistFearNoM... 58
News The Latest: President Obama orders flags lowere... Fri USfirst 3
News Backyard chickens spur debate in central Ohio c... Dec 7 They cannot kill ... 16
News Ohio, Michigan electors say they won't switch v... Dec 5 American Man 4
Birdie and Ralph Troyer=Puppy Mill Dec 3 bdonohue 2
More from around the web