Medical Marijuana Debate Heats Up | O...

Medical Marijuana Debate Heats Up | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 87 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Apr 7, 2010, titled Medical Marijuana Debate Heats Up | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Once again, the medical marijuana was taking center stage in Ohio on Wednesday. "Multiple congenital cartilaginous exostoses," said Mary Jane Borden.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
BJI

United States

#83 Apr 15, 2010
hey spade....I cannot link the sites on here but I went to several marijuana dispenceries websites and looked at the prices.....you are going to pay more for pot when its a medicine than you will from the black market.

so your theory of gangbangers and stoners getting this for a BS medical reason just so they can sell it does not hold water.....not gonna buy an OZ for $500 when you can get a OZ of top notch bud on black market for $350. again, bringing facts not opinions is what is going to get people to see your side of view....

for some odd reason, you people that are against this plant being leglaized keep spewing opinions and act as if they are facts....research and learning will do your brain wonders and it actually makes you feel good. Try it.
the troll

Hilliard, OH

#84 Apr 15, 2010
since we are providing links here is an interesting debate on marijuana.. the link is safe but if you are paranoid google fora.tv and then search marijuana when you link to the site..

http://fora.tv/2009/07/30/Marijuana_Economics
DeltaNineKine

Bossier City, LA

#85 Apr 15, 2010
BJI wrote:
hey spade....I cannot link the sites on here but I went to several marijuana dispenceries websites and looked at the prices.....you are going to pay more for pot when its a medicine than you will from the black market.
so your theory of gangbangers and stoners getting this for a BS medical reason just so they can sell it does not hold water.....not gonna buy an OZ for $500 when you can get a OZ of top notch bud on black market for $350. again, bringing facts not opinions is what is going to get people to see your side of view....
for some odd reason, you people that are against this plant being leglaized keep spewing opinions and act as if they are facts....research and learning will do your brain wonders and it actually makes you feel good. Try it.
That's why it will have to be priced lower than street price if it is going to work. Since cannabis is pretty inexpensive to grow there is a large profit margin to be had even after the lower price. The California legalization initiative covers this.
BJI

Dallas, TX

#86 Apr 22, 2010
DeltaNineKine wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why it will have to be priced lower than street price if it is going to work. Since cannabis is pretty inexpensive to grow there is a large profit margin to be had even after the lower price. The California legalization initiative covers this.
I will gladly see your point...go in detail a little more on why...if you dont mind. I see street price as having a lot of "negatives" assocaited with it....you dont know where it came from, who grew it, chemicals versus organic, crime associated with buying from the street.....as opposed to paying equal or a little more than street price for knowing all those answers....plus we know it will better stuff for the most part.

Its a great debate for sure, I really am not sure i am sold in it 1 way or the other...but I do see your point...just not sure I am 100% sold on it yet.
Ohioan

Zanesville, OH

#87 May 3, 2010
That's why the medical marijuana debate is such a touchy subject. There are too many narrow-minded people out there who relate the drug to negative things about it from the past. I have personally known one person who had an incurable disease that put them in an unexplainable amount of pain, before he passed away. He "medicated" himself by smoking marijuana. After countless doctor visits, in-state and out-of-state, and multiple prescriptions he found out that marijuana was the only thing that could subdue his pain. How can any one person tell someone they cannot medicate themself, no matter what the substance? A lot of diseases that marijuana can help to ease the pain with are usually incurable and painful. For example, people who get hurt and get prescribed powerful drugs such as Morphine and Oxy Contin (any mg), later they are healed but then the drugs are so powerful and addictive the people are not able to kick them. But doctors continue to hand these out like candy and no one says a word? There are too many people out there who are stuck in the past and cannot look past previously known thoughts and ideas to see the truth behind this new-found medical breakthrough.
itsyaboijjones41 9

United States

#88 Jun 27, 2012
I am a man 29 with adhd who just started using marijuana in 03 i no alot of people use recreational but Me personally i use it to make it to make it threw severe mood swings , stay calm, think clearly like an 29 year old should and not feel like a teenager trapped in a man smaking 30 in the face body so for all the comments about if you smoke your just a stonner they are so untrue with i actualy think responsible and not of reflex when using and feel mature thank you check my YouTube out @ itsyaboijjones419 thank you
SickMan

Maple Heights, OH

#89 Apr 22, 2013
VOTE: YES

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who's got your vote in the Ohio Attorney Genera... (Oct '14) Sun Circleville Citizen 12
News Donald Trump says Republican race all but over ... Sun Holy Silicon Wafer 2
News 8 relatives shot in the head in Ohio; no suspec... Sun Go Blue Forever 16
News Java talks to R. Kelly about the CAVS, Michael ... Sun Amused Octopus 1
News Coroner: Most Ohio victims shot many times, som... Sat Ktoller126 57
News not Toning it Down Trump ignores calls to be 'm... Apr 29 serfs up 95
News Bill Clinton, Springsteen rally for Obama (Oct '12) Apr 28 Black Apalacha 6
More from around the web