Dick Goddard

Dick Goddard

There are 28 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Feb 19, 2010, titled Dick Goddard. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Dick Goddard is a true Buckeye, born in Akron and a graduate of Green High School in Summit County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cole Haswell

Huntington, WV

#2 Feb 21, 2010
Me and my Aunt Lisa saw a red-winged black bird and a robin today!
MIKE FARINA

Mantua, OH

#3 Feb 22, 2010
DEAR MR .GODDARD:
I have WATCHED YOU FOR MANY YEARS NOW AND LIKE YOU ME AND MY WIFE HAVE A FONDNESS FOR ANIMALS and THEIR WELLBEING RECENTLY ME and MY WIFE SAVED A DOG THAT THE OWNER WOULD HAVE PUT DOWN.SHE IS A CUTE CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL RUBY IN COLOR ,, UNFORTUNETLY SHE HAS HIP DISPLASIA MAINLY IN HER REAR LEGS. WE WANTED TO GET HER AN OPERATION BUT MY WIFE LOST HER JOB,AND I LOST MINE WHEN TOPS WENT OUT OF BUSINESS , I AM TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN DO THE OPERATION OR HELP FINANCE IT (THE SURGEON AT THE LOCAL VET WANTS $5000.00 FOR BOTH LEGS TO BE DONE) WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP ON THIS ANIMAL IF YOU KNOW OF ANY GROUP OR PERSON WHO COULD HELP US ,WE NEED TO HAVE HER FIXED SOON. PLEASE LET ME KNOW
THANK YOU MIKE FARINA AT [email protected]

Since: Oct 09

Akron, OH

#4 Feb 22, 2010
Dick if you ever retire, they better clone you first. The same goes for Bill, and Stacy.

Since: Oct 09

Akron, OH

#5 Feb 22, 2010
MIKE FARINA wrote:
DEAR MR .GODDARD:
I have WATCHED YOU FOR MANY YEARS NOW AND LIKE YOU ME AND MY WIFE HAVE A FONDNESS FOR ANIMALS and THEIR WELLBEING RECENTLY ME and MY WIFE SAVED A DOG THAT THE OWNER WOULD HAVE PUT DOWN.SHE IS A CUTE CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL RUBY IN COLOR ,, UNFORTUNETLY SHE HAS HIP DISPLASIA MAINLY IN HER REAR LEGS. WE WANTED TO GET HER AN OPERATION BUT MY WIFE LOST HER JOB,AND I LOST MINE WHEN TOPS WENT OUT OF BUSINESS , I AM TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN DO THE OPERATION OR HELP FINANCE IT (THE SURGEON AT THE LOCAL VET WANTS $5000.00 FOR BOTH LEGS TO BE DONE) WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP ON THIS ANIMAL IF YOU KNOW OF ANY GROUP OR PERSON WHO COULD HELP US ,WE NEED TO HAVE HER FIXED SOON. PLEASE LET ME KNOW
THANK YOU MIKE FARINA AT [email protected]
Do a search on the Internet for assistance with veterinary bills. You might also contact Ohio State University School Of Veterinary Medicine.
Margaret Nofsinger

Canal Fulton, OH

#6 Feb 24, 2010
Just want to wish Dick Goddard a Happy 'snowy' Birthday
katrina Icke

Elyria, OH

#7 Feb 26, 2010
You need to retire andre can do weather by himself It is time to move on
margiemac

Cleveland, OH

#8 Feb 27, 2010
come on already. give someone else a chance (sally bernier) would be a good fit. it sickens the viewers when you have a coughing jag, and you are trying to do weather always clearing your throat....pls retire
Bill

Twinsburg, OH

#9 Mar 5, 2010
You really need to retire! Geeez! Dick, you have had a long fulfilling career but you really need to retire already! You are really being greedy and its time to open another chapter in your life. You need to give someone else a chance to try and have a career. I watched you the other night and had to change the channel. Your eyes were completely blood shot and you zoned out several times throughout the weather forecast. Please think about retirement already, you cannot do this forever!
Dave in Elyria

Elyria, OH

#10 Mar 8, 2010
NOW THAT's REPORTING NEWS! Mr Goddard, I Tip my hat to you Sir!
Very well done, but for the one's on your left while you told it like it was! not nice is all I can say with out getting more up-set!
You can tell they like their Job's, to bad I do not like them! Take a leason off Dick! Grow a Pair and Fight the Wrong in this World!

GOD BLESS YOU SIR!
And my name is Dave Adams In Elyria, Call me and I will back that up! Nice to see someone who is sick of bad people out their.
And for the Cop! I use to be a Aux Cop! YOU SICKEN ME SIR!
That one is BAD Chief! FIRE HIM NOW! Unbecome as a officer! We will back you up Chief! And don't any you small Dept's Hire that Garbge!
Thank You and Once more God Bless You Mr. Goddard! Your the Pip sir.
so up setting! no money will bring that love back home. Doc, Please do not judge all Officers, This one who did this evil deed should not be a Police officer. work with the chief of police and lawer up first thing in the morring sir! I am so sorry you lost youre love in that maner sir. my wife and I will pry for him till FOX 8 news tells us that officer is no more! but I dought them two sitting next to Dick will have any heart to report it as Dick did! With Love of all Life. Dave in Elyria
Lynette in Elyria

Elyria, OH

#11 Mar 8, 2010
Kudos for your comments regarding the Westlake officer who shot the Lab. My husband was an Aux. Sgt. and he couldn't believe the officer fired his gun at a non-agressive animal. There are numerous other ways this could've been handled without loss of a dog's life. I applaud you stating the officer's name and making sure he knows yours, but he's obviously a coward and will not respond. It's good to know that you haven't changed over the years! We can count on you to stand for what's right and be a voice for those who can't "speak" (except to other caring hearts). I hope Westlake PD heard your comments. They should take them to heart and fire this officer. Police get bad reputations when they're just doing their jobs, but this one's a bad seed and needs to be removed. Will he shoot a child on the street that approaches him after an alarm call next time? My condolences to the family who lost their family member. God Bless You Mr. Goddard! Keep up the good work!
mike in medina

Long Beach, NY

#12 Mar 8, 2010
DICK GODDARD I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR STANDING UP TONITE ON THE NEWS, WELL DONE,i AM AN OWNER OF A GOLDEN RETREIVER AND COULD NOT EVAN IMAGINE MY DOG BEING SHOT BY A POLICE OFFICER IN HIS OWN BACK YARD, i WOULD LOVE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOURSELF TO FIND WAYS TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN, THIS SAME THING HAPPENED IN MEDINA LAST YEAR WITH A DOG BEING SHOT IN HIS OWN YARD BY AN OFFICER WHO CAME TO THE DOGS HOME, AGAIN THANK YOU
Lori and Bill Walter

Cleveland, OH

#13 Mar 9, 2010
Hi Dick! Hey, just wanted to let you know that the buzzards have arrived in Valley City just as they do every year, the week before the "buzzard" day in Hinckley!
Also, wanted to applaud you for your animal advocacy and your comments about the shooting of Callaway by a no-brained policeman in Westlake! There was no reason for that dog to be shot because it was barking.
Shannon

Cleveland, OH

#14 Mar 9, 2010
Thank you for saying something about the policeman shooting the lab during the broadcast. It is really inspirational to see someone risk their job and stand up to irrational police and say "THIS IS WRONG!!!!"
Mary

North Ridgeville, OH

#16 Mar 10, 2010
You are all reacting emotionally rather than logically. That police officer, who is anything but a coward, was entering a house to look for a possibly armed intruder. If he had put his gun away in order to use pepper spray, or focus his attention on trying to calm the dog down, he would have compromised his safety. He did not know who else was in that house. These police officers are trained to protect themselves as they should. I appreciate the love of a family pet, but we should be thankful that he did not lose his life in the line of duty.
C in Kent

Kent, OH

#17 Mar 10, 2010
I wish there were more people like you in this world! Animals rely on us to care for them and love them and to see your passion for them each day brings hope that there is someone who cares! And the awesome facts that you and Andre bring to the weather forecast make it more than just the weather, it is a learning experience. Keep it up and we hope you never retire!

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#18 Mar 10, 2010
Lori and Bill Walter wrote:
Hi Dick! Hey, just wanted to let you know that the buzzards have arrived in Valley City just as they do every year, the week before the "buzzard" day in Hinckley!
Also, wanted to applaud you for your animal advocacy and your comments about the shooting of Callaway by a no-brained policeman in Westlake! There was no reason for that dog to be shot because it was barking.
The buzzards and Hinckley are great. This is a wonderful time of year to be in Hinckley.
Bob Z

Akron, OH

#19 Mar 10, 2010
Shannon wrote:
Thank you for saying something about the policeman shooting the lab during the broadcast. It is really inspirational to see someone risk their job and stand up to irrational police and say "THIS IS WRONG!!!!"
Mr. Goddard....you should be fired. While I love animals, it is obsurd to put a greater importance on the life of an animal over the life of another human. You sicken me. These police officers put their lives on the line for us every day....while the dog's fate is unfortunate, the officer was doing his job and trying to protect himself. The blame goes to the homeowner who has repeatedly not contained his dog. If the owner was more responsible, the incident would not have happened. And for Mr. Goddard to publicly lambaste him shows how blinded and ridiculously extreme and out of touch many of these animal activists have become. You should be ashamed of yourself, Mr. Goddard, and you should give the police officer, the police department and the viewing public a full apology for your sorry actions and comments. You were out of line and out of touch.

Bob Z.
OSUBucks

Mentor, OH

#20 Mar 10, 2010
Bob Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Goddard....you should be fired. While I love animals, it is obsurd to put a greater importance on the life of an animal over the life of another human. You sicken me. These police officers put their lives on the line for us every day....while the dog's fate is unfortunate, the officer was doing his job and trying to protect himself. The blame goes to the homeowner who has repeatedly not contained his dog. If the owner was more responsible, the incident would not have happened. And for Mr. Goddard to publicly lambaste him shows how blinded and ridiculously extreme and out of touch many of these animal activists have become. You should be ashamed of yourself, Mr. Goddard, and you should give the police officer, the police department and the viewing public a full apology for your sorry actions and comments. You were out of line and out of touch.
Bob Z.
Bob,

I COMPLETELY agree with you... this entire witch hunt for officer Morales is completely insane. Everyone seems to KNOW what happened even though they weren't there. I love dogs but the officer did nothing wrong. The doctor should have secured the dogs when he set the alarm. The same doctor would have been up in arms if the police hadn't responded to his alarm (he had multiple false alarms before this incident). Why doesn't the doctor admit he is as culpable as the police officer instead of begging for more press coverage?

Dick Goddard was WAY out of line here... being the wooly bear king may be your claim to fame but your defamatory comments in regards to officer Morales were way out of line. You owe him an apology.
Dawn Mroz

Vermilion, OH

#21 Mar 14, 2010
I think it was great that you went out to support that Westlake family. Unfortunately, there are so many issues in Ohio with animal cruelty. I am sure you get many requests. However, I am wondering if you would put your support in for a few issues that need attention.

Part of what was discovered with this Westlake incident is the use of gas chambers to euthanize animals. This is a very painful and inhumane method. It was discovered that the animal warden in Westlake has one and the city makes use of it as an inexpensive way of euthanizing it's problems....that being unwanted animals.

Other counties, especially in the south just shoot them to get rid of them. There are countless stories on facebook and you don't have to look far for them. It has been a great tool in getting people to see what is really going on but it is not enough.

Another is the Ohio HB 70 which makes it a felony to mistreat an animal in a kennel. The Nitro foundation and Representative Ron Gerberry got this bill passed through the house of representatives but now it has to go through the Senate. Unfortunately, the senate is a majority of Republicans who basically all voted no for this bill in the house. We need a ton of support or it will die in committee. This was initiated due to the starving of dogs in a Youngstown kennel.

Please consider supporting this and lending a hand to media coverage for this bill. We need to get this out there. It is the first step to better laws in Ohio for animals. WE ARE ONE OUT OF FIVE STATES THAT ANIMAL CRUELTY IS NOT A FELONY. It needs to be a felony when a person abuses an animal.

PLEASE CONSIDER GETTING INVOLVED. IT IS SO HARD TO GET THESE OFFICIALS TO LISTEN AND YOU HAVE A POWERFUL PRESENCE IN THESE ISSUES!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND PLEASE CONSIDER HELPING.

Dawn Mroz of North Royalton.
kim

Arlington, TX

#22 Mar 24, 2011
katrina Icke wrote:
You need to retire andre can do weather by himself It is time to move on
. U r a miserable ass

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump to visit eastern Ohio on Tuesday 11 hr d pants 14
News Clinton vows to appoint trade prosecutor to fig... Tue SirPrize 5
Casey Anthony is in Ohio (Aug '11) Mon Tom 5
move the tree new Jun 27 hit the balls tr... 1
News Air Quality Alert Issued For June 25 in Central... Jun 26 They cannot kill ... 7
News Scioto Drug Bust (Sep '13) Jun 26 colmustard 8
A vets widow needs help Jun 25 Kee 1
More from around the web