Stunner: Sen. Rob Portman backs same-...

Stunner: Sen. Rob Portman backs same-sex marriage

There are 243 comments on the cbsnews.com story from Mar 15, 2013, titled Stunner: Sen. Rob Portman backs same-sex marriage. In it, cbsnews.com reports that:

The Ohio Republican informed reporters from several newspapers in his home state of his reversal, which The Columbus Dispatch calls "stunning." Portman told The Cincinnati Enquirer his evolution on the subject began in 2011 when his son, Will, then a freshman at Yale University, told his parents he was gay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cbsnews.com.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#222 Mar 18, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
If you paid close attention to what Romney was saying, he really said I wish the people who came here ILLEGALLY would just go back. Please keep in mind these people came here ILLEGALLY. The Democrats tried to turn ILLEGAL immigration into a race issue.
The rest of the stuff is not race gaming either.
I'll do better yet, when you have a kook for a mom and a dead beat for a dad you end up with a Barack Obama.
Let us see . The hispanic voters took Romney's concept how?
Sometimes you can phrase an issue in a way that encourages a resolution and some times you are tossing red meat to the rabid dogs. Romney's statement was designed to appeal to Huspanic voters?

If the Keynan and birther crap ain't race baiting to you than that kind of thing appeals to you.

Of all the jokes aimed at Obama that was the lamest i have heard

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#223 Mar 18, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney was right when he said Obama offered free stuff. The people who want free stuff are never concerned with the greater issues or problems.
They just want free stuff.
Perfect description of rich boys and corporate executives and their 'free stuff', the tax cuts given them 'free' by W.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#225 Mar 18, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
You free loading queers are about as funny as your virus, AIDS
I don't have the virus, so the jokes on you bigot boy.

Free loading? ahahahhaahhaha

I bet I pay more in taxes than you earn. Free loader.... hahahahahahaha
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#226 Mar 18, 2013
Sundown wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down and ask the nurse to give you your meds instead of a cup of her piss.
Oh so now you have a fascination with piss, too? Therapy... check into it.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#227 Mar 18, 2013
Thats Right wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the same rights that I have. You queers just want special rights.
Asking for the same rights that you already have doesn't make them special.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#230 Mar 18, 2013
Thats Right wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me, we have the same rights. If you never acknowledged the fact that you're gay,who would know. Same rights
You're the one asserting "special rights".

What did you mean, specifically?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#231 Mar 18, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberals on the Supreme Court said you don't own it :)
Nope, not what they said at all.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#232 Mar 18, 2013
Thats Right wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not asking for the same rights we have, you already have them. You want special rights.
Huh? We're asking for the same right you have, to marry the person we love.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#233 Mar 18, 2013
Thats Right wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be special, you know, a retard. Sorry you couldn't comprehend what I was saying from the last post. I forgive you though.
ooooooooooo forgiveness from a moron.... how exciting. I don't need or want your phony forgiveness. I want the rights I am guaranteed by our Constitution. If you have a problem with that, tough shit. YOU don't get to decide what my rights are.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#234 Mar 18, 2013
Sundown wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to calm down and ask the nurse to give me my meds with a cup of her piss.
Enjoy yourself!
Thats Right

Alexandria, VA

#235 Mar 18, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>ooooooooooo forgiveness from a moron.... how exciting. I don't need or want your phony forgiveness. I want the rights I am guaranteed by our Constitution. If you have a problem with that, tough shit. YOU don't get to decide what my rights are.
You already have the same rights I have, you filthy a.ss queer. Just because you're SPECIAL ( being a retard ) doesn't give you the right to have special rights.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#236 Mar 18, 2013
Thats Right wrote:
<quoted text>
You already have the same rights I have, you filthy a.ss queer. Just because you're SPECIAL ( being a retard ) doesn't give you the right to have special rights.
WHICH "special rights" ?
Thats Right

Alexandria, VA

#239 Mar 18, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>WHICH "special rights" ?
What rights do I have that you don't?

Tawas City, Michigan

#242 Mar 18, 2013
Thats Right wrote:
<quoted text>
What rights do I have that you don't?
Federal recognition of your legal marriage for one thing, while my legal marriage is not currently recognized by the feds and 39 states.

But when the SCOTUS overturns DOMA in June then I'll have the same federal recognition of my legal marriage as well.

And we'll keep working state-by-state until we get all 50.

With 80% of those under age 30 now supporting marriage equality, it's only a matter of time.
Thats Right

Alexandria, VA

#243 Mar 18, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>Federal recognition of your legal marriage for one thing, while my legal marriage is not currently recognized by the feds and 39 states.

But when the SCOTUS overturns DOMA in June then I'll have the same federal recognition of my legal marriage as well.

And we'll keep working state-by-state until we get all 50.

With 80% of those under age 30 now supporting marriage equality, it's only a matter of time.
That's because you're not legally married. Even I can't marry another queer. See, we both have the same rights. You just want special rights.

Tawas City, Michigan

#244 Mar 18, 2013
Thats Right wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you're not legally married. Even I can't marry another queer. See, we both have the same rights. You just want special rights.
My marriage license from the state of Massachusetts says otherwise.
Thats Right

Alexandria, VA

#245 Mar 18, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>My marriage license from the state of Massachusetts says otherwise.
HaHaHaHa You're not really married. Just something to appease you by your state. If you were in fact legally married, it would be recognized anywhere and everywhere you go, but it's not. If it was legal, you would receive spousal benefits, but you don't. So claim all you want about being legally married, but in fact it's just a farce.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#246 Mar 18, 2013
Thats Right wrote:
<quoted text>
HaHaHaHa You're not really married. Just something to appease you by your state. If you were in fact legally married, it would be recognized anywhere and everywhere you go, but it's not. If it was legal, you would receive spousal benefits, but you don't. So claim all you want about being legally married, but in fact it's just a farce.
Not in the state where a gay couple is legally married.

And, really, do you believe that federal recognition of LEGAL same sex marriage will never happen?

Laughing won't change the facts.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#247 Mar 18, 2013
Thats Right wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that no state can approve any sort legal contract? That such is ONLY the ability of the federal government?

Prove it.
Thats Right

Alexandria, VA

#250 Mar 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>You believe that no state can approve any sort legal contract? That such is ONLY the ability of the federal government?

Prove it.
You've already proved it dumb a.ss. Not recognized or legal where ever you go, plus no spousal benefits. Get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio approves state smoking ban (Nov '06) 2 hr ernie097 76,119
News Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in letter to... 4 hr serfs up 3
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) 15 hr Stephanie 92
News New Abortion Battle Ohio mulls ban on Down synd... 18 hr Dan 4
News NBC 4's Monica Day Crowned Miss Ohio 2008 (Dec '07) Wed They cannot kill ... 48
News Kasich team returns fire on Rick Perry comments... Aug 25 Annie 9
News Undocumented Immigrants Beg Ohio Governor To Pr... Aug 24 Sneaky Pete 21
More from around the web