Dayton Ohio lowers qualifications for...

Dayton Ohio lowers qualifications for black police and firefighter applicants

There are 334 comments on the Examiner.com story from Mar 11, 2011, titled Dayton Ohio lowers qualifications for black police and firefighter applicants. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Is there no area that the "non racist" Attorney General of the United States, Eric Holder will not intervene is an attempt to give preferences to blacks living in America? The New Oxford American Dictionary defines discrimination as the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
ohio wrangler

Kent, OH

#1 Mar 12, 2011
Can you imagine the hell that would be raised and the marches and Jesse Jackson leading the protests IF white people got a reduced testing so they could land jobs? Are these blacks going to be able to do the job right since they don't have to meet requirements for the jobs?
one

Heath, OH

#2 Mar 12, 2011
It sounds more insulting than giving preference.
Conservative

Dayton, OH

#3 Mar 12, 2011
Actually they said they will grading on a "Curve". Guess that sounds better than lowering the standards.

Wasn't the tests suppose to assure qualified individuals?

They never say how many Whites took the test and did not qualify just how many more passed than Blacks. In an era where ALL schools are open to everyone, why is it that Blacks are less likely to pass any test.

Could it be the expectation of entitlement? Blacks recognize that they will be hired anyway just because they are Black.

This extends into promotion testing. Not enough blacks pass the promotion testing, whites are discriminated against by by-passing more qualified.

WHERE ARE THEIR UNION REPS? Why aren't they standing up for their white brothers that are being discriminated against?
THATS JUST WRONG

Zanesville, OH

#4 Mar 12, 2011
Whatever happened to hiring the best and brightest?

I don't want some lazy, dumb, slacker hired to protect me and mine.

Has the world gone crazy?

Since: Jan 10

Dayton, Oh

#5 Mar 12, 2011
THATS JUST WRONG wrote:
Whatever happened to hiring the best and brightest?
I don't want some lazy, dumb, slacker hired to protect me and mine.
Has the world gone crazy?
I think the "best and brightest" moved out of Dayton years ago.
Sojourner

United States

#6 Mar 12, 2011
Conservative wrote:
Actually they said they will grading on a "Curve". Guess that sounds better than lowering the standards.
They never say how many Whites took the test and did not qualify just how many more passed than Blacks. In an era where ALL schools are open to everyone, why is it that Blacks are less likely to pass any test.
Could it be the expectation of entitlement? Blacks recognize that they will be hired anyway just because they are Black.
This extends into promotion testing. Not enough blacks pass the promotion testing, whites are discriminated against by by-passing more qualified.
WHERE ARE THEIR UNION REPS? Why aren't they standing up for their white brothers that are being discriminated against?
You are looking at just another Diversity scheme, but can't put the correct label on it.

Diversity is a general corruption scheme, where Diversity is the official policy of the US government.

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf...

The Diversity scheme bifurcates a whole society into only 2 categories, oppressor versus victim.

By design of Diversity planners, the vast majority of people are categorized as victims, and the minority of people are oppressors.

Here are the Diversity victim subcategories recognized in the US....

http://www.mindexchange.com/diversity.htm

Victim category people are conditioned to regularly trade their votes for legal privileges (freedoms) offered by a powerful central government. Diversity people don't refer to their legal privileges as entitlements; they often call their privileges freedoms.

Hiring preferences for blacks is only one of thousands of manifestations of legal privileges offered Diversity people.

Dayton hiring preferences for blacks wouldn't survive if not for the leviathan intimidation of the US justice department.

The chutzpah of Diversity leaders is such that they will call you a bigot if you were to express distaste for their labeling of whole classes of people as oppressors. Diversity leaders constantly lecture people that the following is always true...

white oppress non-white
men oppress women
straight oppress LGBT
gentile oppress jewish
gringo oppress hispanic and latino
healthy oppress disabled
occidental oppress asian
settler oppress native

Collectively, victim category people of Diversity are a super-majority of voters. As the super-majority of all voters, victim category people and their leadership control the outcome of all national elections and political appointments.
THATS JUST WRONG

Zanesville, OH

#7 Mar 12, 2011
"Diversity" is just another word for RACISM!
Sojourner

United States

#8 Mar 12, 2011
THATS JUST WRONG wrote:
Diversity is anti-white supremacist, where the white supremacist is defined as a anyone who opposes Diversity schemes AND is a combination of all the oppressor subcategories:

white
male
straight
gentile
gringo
healthy
occidental
settler
Sojourner

United States

#9 Mar 12, 2011
THATS JUST WRONG wrote:
Try this as a real world test.....

Assuming that you are a white-male-straight-gentile-he althy-gringo type of person, approach a Diversity person and tell them that you are opposed to Diversity schemes.

Count the number of seconds it takes for a Diversity person to refer to you as a white supremacist.

It should not take much longer than 1 minute for them to label you as a white supremacist, either to your face or to one of their Diversity colleagues.
Sojourner

United States

#11 Mar 12, 2011
Gunpacker wrote:
Dayton Ohio lowers qualifications for black police and firefighter applicants
WOW.
In addition to sounding entirely racist it almost sounds like someone is saying that blacks are less intelligent or able than whites.
According to Diversity ideology, Blacks are not necessarily less intelligent than whites.

According to Diversity ideology, non-whites are eternal victims of white oppression; when blacks fail a test it is evidence of white oppression or white privilege.

I don't make this crap up, so don't shoot the messenger. This is the underlying ideology of Diversity mavens and their functionaries.

Diversity schemes and scams are the official policy of all US government agencies.
The Old Cold Warrior

United States

#14 Mar 12, 2011
If they are not going to hire the best, instead of these professional-victim diversty-disciple pests, I am going to buy me a new fire extinguiser and start wearing one of my guns with my brand-new bullet-resistant vest.
Jambalaya

United States

#15 Mar 12, 2011
Gunpacker wrote:
<quoted text>I know a lot of pretty damned smart blacks and a long list of stupid whites, so from my viewpoint neither should be getting a free ride.
Dont lower the bar for black, theyre just as intelligent as white. Punish racism in all its forms to the full extent of the law.
Diversity schemers are all of these things:

racist (anti-white)
sexist (anti-male)
pro-queer (anti-straight)
philo-semitic (anti-gentile)
pro-latino (anti-gringo)
pro-disabled (anti-able-bodied)
pro-oriental (anti-occidental)
pro-native (anti-settler)

It doesn't matter what your feelings might be about this matter. You are not the majority, and have no real influence on public policy.

Diversity people are by far the majority of voters; they desire Diversity privileges guaranteed by law, and Diversity leadership holds sway over all public policies.

Diversity (victim) ideology is embedded in the feelings of all Diversity people, whether they acknowledege it or not. All they need to do to make Diversity schemes realized is to vote based on their feelings.

Here's quotes from your bi-sexual president to explain some of it to you...

http://www.equalitygiving.org/Barack-Obama-on...

Heres are quotes from other famous people about Diversity...

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/di...
Question Authority

Triangle, VA

#16 Mar 12, 2011
This is all BULLSHIT. You should not have to lower standards for ANYONE! Repeat ANYONE. You study and train, you make the grain you PASS. Simple as that. You people MAKE your own problems.

IGONORE those frickin race baiters. Any intelligent person worth his/her air on this earth KNOWS the value of merit and ANYONE who passes the test can make it.

If you allow those race baiters to run your life, you will ultimately KILL it; for you AND them!

TELL your people, encourage them, you CAN do it. Just do it. Quotas don't count. They are artificial, unfair and immoral.
Question Authority

Triangle, VA

#18 Mar 12, 2011
AS FOR YOU "MODERATOR", YOU CAN SHOVE IT TOO.
Last time I looked this was a free country.
REMEMBER THE FIRST AMENDMENT. I have said nothing, DIRTY or wrong.
Question Authority

Triangle, VA

#19 Mar 12, 2011
Conservative wrote:
Sorry. Whenever I hear a "curve", I know the grading isn't honest.
evil conservative

Marysville, OH

#21 Mar 12, 2011
The sad thing is, the Dayton Police Department has been lowering the standards for YEARS. They started doing this after the 1960's race riots and the civil rights movement. How in the hell do you people think all the fat assed short women and all the middle aged fat assed men got their job on the Dayton Police Department? They qualified because the federal government says you will no longer disqualify someone because of height, weight, age, and race. It's call Equal Opportunity and it is bad law. When you make a law that rewards instead of punishes, it is "bad law".

No longer does the Dayton Police Deparment, or any large inner city department for that matter, select qualified individuals based on their height, weight, intelligence, and moral character.
Prior to the civil rights movement, most police recruits were ex military, taller than average with proportional weight and passed an IQ test as well as other psychological exams. This is no longer the case and this has been going on for YEARS....just not reported by the liberal newspapers who, of course, just love diversity.

These standards were lowered primarily to attract black police officers. Problem is, most blacks do not want anything to do with police work, qualified or not.

Dayton has tried for years to recruit blacks. Over the years it has gotten harder and harder because, thanks to the Dayton Public Schools, blacks (and whites) have gotten dumb and dumber.

Someone posted that blacks should be offended that the bar has been lowered. Well, believe me, they are not offended one bit and would be quite pleased if the exam was eliminated altogether.

I could write a book.....just want to say the exams have been gradually lowered for years so that blacks could qualify....this is nothing new...it is just now, probably for recruitment reasons, being reported by the liberal, diversity loving news.
evil conservative

Marysville, OH

#22 Mar 12, 2011
Dayton fought long and hard to keep their residency rule. The residency rule discouraged qualified white males because it meant living in Dayton and sending the kids to public schools or paying for private schools. Now that the residency requirement has been ruled unconsitutional,
qualified white males are now going to be taking Dayton's exam. In order to deflect these people, the bar must be lowered so that the few blacks that do apply can be qualified.

This not only goes on with the recruit exam, it also goes on within the police department concerning promotional exams and detective assignments.
Jambalaya

Wimberley, TX

#23 Mar 13, 2011
"Is there no area that the "non racist" Attorney General of the United States, Eric Holder will not intervene is an attempt to give preferences to blacks living in America?"

Eric Holder is not a non-racist.

According to Diversity ideology, Eric Holder is a reverse racist and Diversity proponent. Reverse racism is public policy, and is not considered immoral by Diversity mavens.

Diversity ideology teaches us that only a white supremacist can be racist, and any foul deed perpetrated by a Diversity person such as Holder is usually excusable as a justifiable reaction to ongoing white supremacist racism.
Jambalaya

Wimberley, TX

#24 Mar 13, 2011
evil conservative wrote:
The sad thing is, the Dayton Police Department has been lowering the standards for YEARS. They started doing this after the 1960's race riots and the civil rights movement. How in the hell do you people think all the fat assed short women and all the middle aged fat assed men got their job on the Dayton Police Department? They qualified because the federal government says you will no longer disqualify someone because of height, weight, age, and race. It's call Equal Opportunity and it is bad law. When you make a law that rewards instead of punishes, it is "bad law".
No longer does the Dayton Police Deparment, or any large inner city department for that matter, select qualified individuals based on their height, weight, intelligence, and moral character.
Prior to the civil rights movement, most police recruits were ex military, taller than average with proportional weight and passed an IQ test as well as other psychological exams. This is no longer the case and this has been going on for YEARS....just not reported by the liberal newspapers who, of course, just love diversity.
These standards were lowered primarily to attract black police officers. Problem is, most blacks do not want anything to do with police work, qualified or not.
Dayton has tried for years to recruit blacks. Over the years it has gotten harder and harder because, thanks to the Dayton Public Schools, blacks (and whites) have gotten dumb and dumber.
Someone posted that blacks should be offended that the bar has been lowered. Well, believe me, they are not offended one bit and would be quite pleased if the exam was eliminated altogether.
I could write a book.....just want to say the exams have been gradually lowered for years so that blacks could qualify....this is nothing new...it is just now, probably for recruitment reasons, being reported by the liberal, diversity loving news.
Fat-asssed men and women are considered disabled, victims of privileges afforded healthy people, thus qualifying them as Diversity people worthy of remedies.
Jambalaya

Wimberley, TX

#25 Mar 13, 2011
Gunpacker wrote:
<quoted text>I know a lot of pretty damned smart blacks and a long list of stupid whites, so from my viewpoint neither should be getting a free ride.
Dont lower the bar for black, theyre just as intelligent as white. Punish racism in all its forms to the full extent of the law.
Apparently, the US Justice Department doesn't agree with your assessment, and they have mandated reverse-racism schemes as a remedy for a problem you claim doesn't exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tea party plans to abandon some of their GOP stars (Aug '13) May 26 Ulysses G 147
News State panel confronts school funding question |... (Jan '10) May 24 xoxoxo 5
News Ohio Lawmakers Get Into a Heated Debate Over Un... May 24 spytheweb 7
News Ohio rep doesna t want "illegal aliens...suckin... May 20 tomin cali 4
News Police probe, grand jury leave teen's family 'd... May 20 They cannot kill ... 3
News SWAT team seeks evidence in Ohio family's massacre May 19 Big B 8
News Donald Trump to launch panel to investigate vot... May 19 tina anne 80
More from around the web