House GOP leaders pledge action on immigration

There are 20 comments on the May 23, 2013, WTEN-TV Albany story titled House GOP leaders pledge action on immigration. In it, WTEN-TV Albany reports that:

The Republican leaders of the House of Representatives are pledging to act to fix the nation's immigration system but making clear that they will not simply accept legislation passed by the Senate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTEN-TV Albany.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
amar

United States

#1 May 23, 2013
i would like to say just let the bill pass and save family values
amar

United States

#2 May 23, 2013
i know god is not cruel to keep me away from my boy
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#3 May 23, 2013
With a legal status in place in the reform bill for illegal immigrants and work permits these people are going to be tax payers as well, if health care is ruled out for them in the bill then, a private insurance scheme with congressional oversight can be established that they can buy into for their health care needs.
leo

United States

#4 May 23, 2013
cmon god do some miracle may god bless all citizens and aliens
Sweet Sunday

Chicago, IL

#6 May 23, 2013
Illegal alien charged with raping 9-year-old girl in Alabama

IMMIGRATIONMAY 23, 2013BY: DAVE GIBSON
Sweet Sunday

Chicago, IL

#7 May 23, 2013
amar wrote:
i would like to say just let the bill pass and save family values
Are you serious? Family Values? Hahahahahah......
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#8 May 23, 2013
amar wrote:
i know god is not cruel to keep me away from my boy
God is great and almighty but remember Satan was cast down from heaven to roam the earth.
Dee Dee Dee

East Greenville, PA

#9 May 23, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text> God is great and almighty but remember Satan was cast down from heaven to roam the earth.
and go in to politics.
Mark

Fayetteville, GA

#10 May 23, 2013
Sweet Sunday wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? Family Values? Hahahahahah......
That is correct, Family values..... and Christian values as well.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#11 May 23, 2013
All these billions of dollars spent on hearings, litigation, closing of hospitals, lowering the wages of native born Americans. All we really need to do is pass a simple law to solve this problem: anybody here caught illegally is subject to a 10 year prison sentence.

No busses, no new laws, no billions of dollars on fences. Pass this law and tell illegals they have 6 months to get the hell out of America, and you won't need any of these things.

Problem solved.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#12 May 23, 2013
Too many problems, too many unanswered questions. GOP will fight to prevent the United States Giveaway. Obama's on every ones shit list. He messed up Bengazi, the IRS and the list goes on. Too many hands out wanting freebies and sorry. Nope....We will not hand this Country over too the third World poor.
Chi Chi

Stone Mountain, GA

#13 May 23, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
All these billions of dollars spent on hearings, litigation, closing of hospitals, lowering the wages of native born Americans. All we really need to do is pass a simple law to solve this problem: anybody here caught illegally is subject to a 10 year prison sentence.
No busses, no new laws, no billions of dollars on fences. Pass this law and tell illegals they have 6 months to get the hell out of America, and you won't need any of these things.
Problem solved.
Oh wow, look how stupid you sound...... Well, I ain't got time for folks like yourself.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#14 May 23, 2013
ronnie wrote:
Too many problems, too many unanswered questions. GOP will fight to prevent the United States Giveaway. Obama's on every ones shit list. He messed up Bengazi, the IRS and the list goes on. Too many hands out wanting freebies and sorry. Nope....We will not hand this Country over too the third World poor.
Give it up on Bengazi. It is not even an embassy. Under Bush there were 13 embassy attacks and 53 deaths and then he cut funding for embassy security. Where was the outrage then?
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#15 May 24, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
and go in to politics.
I don't know about that what I am more certain of is that he may be in those places where the Lord's commandment of Loving one another is absent.
spud

Bangor, PA

#16 May 24, 2013
[QUO The level of untruthfulness and conniving from the politicians who are pushing amnesty is unbelievable. How does Boehner allow this group of alien lovers to decide what the full Houses position is? His position was obvious when he stonewalled the Everify bill last summer. If you ask me, Satin is descending from Mexico in this case.
Sweet Sunday

Chicago, IL

#17 May 24, 2013
amar wrote:
i know god is not cruel to keep me away from my boy
The Lord works in mysterious ways to teach us lessons in life. Learn your lesson!!!
US Huh

United States

#18 May 24, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know about that what I am more certain of is that he may be in those places where the Lord's commandment of Loving one another is absent.
Sorry no talk of the Lord in US politics. The US wants God out of all government functions. Correction: God will be only mentioned by government officials during national tragedies and to show how God fearing they are during a campaign. In all other instances the government has no need for God.
Sweet Sunday

Chicago, IL

#19 May 24, 2013
US Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry no talk of the Lord in US politics. The US wants God out of all government functions. Correction: God will be only mentioned by government officials during national tragedies and to show how God fearing they are during a campaign. In all other instances the government has no need for God.
and so they pretend.
What can one say?, Politicians are all actors/clowns ,performing for their devoted voters.
I can proudly say,I didn't vote for any of those clown
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#20 May 24, 2013
US Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry no talk of the Lord in US politics. The US wants God out of all government functions. Correction: God will be only mentioned by government officials during national tragedies and to show how God fearing they are during a campaign. In all other instances the government has no need for God.
I think I try my best to avoid intertwining the two, didn't I?
but I am 100% in agreement with you and the lord has spoken eloquently to those.
Dee Dee Dee

East Greenville, PA

#21 May 24, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know about that what I am more certain of is that he may be in those places where the Lord's commandment of Loving one another is absent.
Like the White House?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Q&A: What's at stake in Supreme Court gay marri... 12 hr Wall 14
News Bob's Blog: Same-sex marriage, police shootings... 20 hr Le Jimbo 9
News Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Marijuana... Apr 24 puff puff pass 4
terry gateley Apr 24 moon 1
News Bush credits Obama for continuing NSAa s metada... Apr 23 barefoot2626 9
News Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Chamber c... Apr 23 Latitude 26 1
News Kasich hopes more healthy babies will reduce Me... (Mar '11) Apr 22 A Tired Taxpayer 130
More from around the web