Few in Hardin County sad to see 127-y...

Few in Hardin County sad to see 127-year-old jail gone

There are 5 comments on the The Columbus Dispatch story from Feb 8, 2013, titled Few in Hardin County sad to see 127-year-old jail gone. In it, The Columbus Dispatch reports that:

David Cline of New Albany gathers bricks from the Hardin County jail in Kenton. Cline, who grew up next to the jail and played in it as a boy, plans to use the bricks in a walkway at his home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbus Dispatch.

RIP

Minster, OH

#1 Feb 8, 2013
I for one am no angle but I can say I never was placed in that jail for any thing. I have only been in the front door once. I think that Hardin Co. should have repaired the building and turned it into a museum of crime. Charge a entrance fee to the public. I understand that Hardin Co don't have money but in the long run it would have been a money maker and also opened up at least 3 or 4 jobs into the community.
factfinder

Kenton, OH

#5 Feb 11, 2013
Does anyone know what they will use the property for?
Sad

Findlay, OH

#7 Feb 18, 2013
Another historcal building bulldozed for a parking lot. Why didnt the historical museum look into saving it?

Columbus, OH

#9 Feb 19, 2013
I heard they are putting a park there
vag

Marysville, OH

#10 May 22, 2013
Why would they put a park there? My guess is it will sit empty, or St. Johns will turn it into another parking lot for their growing flock of slothful, hypocritical sheep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohioans to hold own version of Washington women... 1 hr d pants 107
News Dismembered remains brought to Ohio - 4 hr Outsider looking in 33
News Judge sets trial for Ohio man charged in allege... Jan 13 They cannot kill ... 1
News A New John Glenn Memorial is Being Considered a... Jan 11 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 12
News Delay repealing health law, urge 5 GOP senators Jan 10 Fit2Serve 6
News Patrol chief, safety boss on way out (Aug '09) Jan 8 El Gato 76
News Ohio communities, counties have nearly $1.2B le... Jan 8 Reality Speaks 6
More from around the web