Thirty-One Gifts growth noted at conf...

Thirty-One Gifts growth noted at conference

There are 8 comments on the ThisWeek Community Newspapers story from Jul 16, 2011, titled Thirty-One Gifts growth noted at conference. In it, ThisWeek Community Newspapers reports that:

Johnstown-based company Thirty-One Gifts made a big impact in central Ohio during its eighth annual national conference.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThisWeek Community Newspapers.

Naomi Jones Savaro

Hope Mills, NC

#1 Jul 18, 2011
Love this company!
Hope -floats- Herrin

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jul 20, 2011
I love Thirty-One gifts & what the company has done to reach out & change so many lives. What an impact on families across the US & beyond. Great products & a wonderful faith based sisterhood that I have joined! 6mo in & I am building a strong team. Thank you Cindy & Scott. God is good! See you all in Atlanta for the 2012 conference @ the Ga. Dome.
Dreamer

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 1, 2011
As an employee of the company, I see it growing leaps and bounds with out proper leadership. The owner and some of the original people that helped start the business may be christians, but the leader ship in management lacks christian values..
and this shows! Christian or not you should be able to attend church on Sunday "instead it is mandatory that you work on Sundays", Is this really where God wants his people? Working on Sunday and not in church, I think not. The company needs to refer back to Gods word and realize that his people need to hear the word in order to grow in their belief.
Julie

Columbus, OH

#4 Aug 1, 2011
Part of our mission is to give moms more time with their family ! And this does not hold true for the associates behind the scene. Hourly associates are not treated anything like the consultants. You either have to work the mandated overtime or you dont have a job. Then the weeks of No work and you have to worry how your going to pay the bills.

It is not as glamourious as some may think.
Ironeey

Cambridge, OH

#5 Aug 10, 2011
Wouldn't it be something if you had a company that followed the values it so vehemently expounds?
This is not that company.
From "Shut them up" based customer service, "hedged" answers to real and pertinent questions, and products that will fall apart.
I'm certain that we are being told that the reason that we have these items shipped from China is to provide high quality, low cost products to a wider customer base. Heck, I can't remember what exactly I wrote when I came up with that canned response. Oh, I hypothetically may have written that. Right.

Employees are treated like automated drones, and mandatory overtime is required, even of mothers who may not see their children much during their busy week.
No matter, the Call Center is there.
I have to say a few shining Consultants really pull their weight and manage to be real and outstanding people in the grand scheme of things.
However, these stand to corrupted management and unsavory business practices.
Quite possibly, in March or April of 2011. The company awarded 3.11 million in Gift Certificates. These are because the product is lost/stolen/damaged.
This would stand against their ruling of dependability.
There are three guiding principles that this company "stands behind".
Unfortunately, they have to stand behind them because the way they're tossing them to the wind they'd get ran over in an instand, metaphorically of course.
Clumsy phrasings aside, if you want to work for a corporate office that has constantly shifting rule-sets, plays favorites ( allowing some employees extra 'break-time' and others to disappear for long periods of time to 'collect lunch orders' several times of the day.), demands their employees look the other way when an injustice is being done, wants numbers over any resemblance of quality... If you want that, then please work for this company.

However, 31 is boosting the economy of Ohio in a time where we desperately need it. This soft cushion will not last, as cheap products at mid-range prices ultimately go down the tubes in any sort of recession or crunch time.

Enjoy those Albany bags ladies. They're only from the finest sweatshops in China that money could buy.
Or... third finest. You know, whatever we can pretty up for photo shoots.
i see creeps

Sunbury, OH

#6 Aug 13, 2011
johnstown government is not business friendly - unless we are talking about businesses the johnstown government creeps are running.

that's a real problem. they should've done everything possible to make expansion at this stage happen in jtown. they will lose that business as they have many others.

they will eventually lose the entire village because they are inept and corrupt. to say that certain public officials suffer "little dog syndrome" is probably an understatement. The syndrome is often amusing...until it isn't.

you know, it's all fun and games until the big dogs get a little irritated.:)
LOVE31

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Aug 21, 2011
Dreamer, I understand that it is difficult to have to work Sundays, but is this a weekly occurance, or an occasional one?
I am a nurse and have to work Sundays on a regular basis. I am also a Christian, and I would prefer to be in church every Sunday, but find ways to get my Spiritual food on my own if I am required to be at work instead of in church.
I listen to preaching tapes, am sure to be in every service I can, fellowship with those of likeminded faith, etc.
I am soooooo grateful to have a job in this day and age that I would be remiss to complain about having to work too much to be able to keep that job.
I am also assuming that you are well compensated with overtime pay when you are required to work these extra shifts. If working Sundays is a part of your normal routine, were you unaware that would be the case when you took the job?
I find it a sad thing when people are blessed with a job, when so many are not, and yet they complain because they actually have to work to earn their paycheck.
kpj

Fairborn, OH

#8 Sep 1, 2011
Dreamer wrote:
As an employee of the company, I see it growing leaps and bounds with out proper leadership. The owner and some of the original people that helped start the business may be christians, but the leader ship in management lacks christian values..
and this shows! Christian or not you should be able to attend church on Sunday "instead it is mandatory that you work on Sundays", Is this really where God wants his people? Working on Sunday and not in church, I think not. The company needs to refer back to Gods word and realize that his people need to hear the word in order to grow in their belief.
Who says you can only talk to God on Sundays or for that matter go to church? I understand your frustration, however if you are that close-minded that you can't praise God on any other day than Sunday then I am truly sorry!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ammon Bundy issues new statement from jail: Urg... 4 hr occupation over here 1
News Kasich the latest 'New Hampshire or bust' candi... 23 hr RAVEN 1
go kasich Wed Franchesca 1
News Exclusive: Upset by Warren, U.S. banks debate h... (Mar '15) Wed Le Jimbo 38
News Ohio comedian mayor facing civil lawsuit, inves... Tue canuhearmenow 56
News Kasich duels media in NH snowball fight Feb 6 Le Jimbo 3
News Ex-DNC head: Kasich-Rubio ticket would scare me... Feb 4 Ritual Habitual 7
More from around the web