Co-anchor Amy Basista one of three la...

Co-anchor Amy Basista one of three laid off at Channel 4

There are 200 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 30, 2009, titled Co-anchor Amy Basista one of three laid off at Channel 4. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Channel 4 management would not comment on the layoffs. A week ago, station owner Media General, which has been cutting operating costs, reported a profitable second quarter despite drooping ad revenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Bob

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 30, 2009
Amy was the reason I watched Channel 4. Hate to sound like a pig. Probably will switch channels now. Sorry ladies. Like to see a pretty face when I am watching the news.
Mike

Dublin, OH

#2 Jul 30, 2009
Loss of Ad revenue???? NBC === Nothing But Commercials.
Timmy

Powell, OH

#3 Jul 30, 2009
Not more Channel 4 for me - I will boycott it forever. When will Ashley Drane move over to the anchor chair? I love Ch 6 in the morning!
POOPFINGER

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 30, 2009
Aw poor channel 4. I never watch em anyway!
Timmy

Powell, OH

#5 Jul 30, 2009
And I can watch Lisa Colbert do weather all morning too!
Angry Young American

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 30, 2009
I watch NBC in the morning for the weather report. They apparently seem to think that the only stories we care about in Columbus are about cute little puppy dogs or child molesters.
why

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 30, 2009
"Loss of Ad revenue????"

Sounds like sales positions that needed to go?
rhp2003

Dublin, OH

#8 Jul 30, 2009
I had wondered where she had went. Doesnt seem she had been there long.
Doubting Thomas

Reynoldsburg, OH

#9 Jul 30, 2009
They need to let Monica Day go...how many mornings does she come in late or not at all? Try that in your job!
steve_stiffler

Grove City, OH

#10 Jul 30, 2009
Doubting Thomas wrote:
They need to let Monica Day go...how many mornings does she come in late or not at all? Try that in your job!
No way! Monica is HOT wearing the blue dress and doing her little dance in the NBC4 Rewards commercial.
BMP

Zanesville, OH

#12 Jul 30, 2009
I am sorry to see Amy go. When they moved her to midday, I thought that was a mistake. I wish Amy the very best of luck. I am sure she will find a place that will treat her with the respect she deserves.
I sure could think of others that she have gone first.
harrysak

Louisville, KY

#13 Jul 30, 2009
am i supposed to care?
womanroaring

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 30, 2009
Bob wrote:
Amy was the reason I watched Channel 4. Hate to sound like a pig. Probably will switch channels now. Sorry ladies. Like to see a pretty face when I am watching the news.
This is probably the most blatantly sexist comment I have heard this week. Have you seen Jerry Revish, how about Cabot, Andy D? Oh and that skinny Johnny guy I could go on and on....
Men aren't required to look like a bimbo playboy bunny to report the news. But you are free to say what you like...
Britney

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jul 30, 2009
Amy Basista is a nice looking talented woman!!
Bodie

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 30, 2009
Lots of "Fluffy" news no real investigative stuff.
No edge to NBC4 anymore. It is as is they are afraid to go out and ask tough questions and upset anyone to get a good story on gov't corruption or shady business etec.
David

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jul 30, 2009
Amy Basista is one hot looking woman...I really hate to see her go!!
stiff steveler

Loveland, OH

#18 Jul 30, 2009
steve_stiffler wrote:
<quoted text>
No way! Monica is HOT wearing the blue dress and doing her little dance in the NBC4 Rewards commercial.
TruDatBro!
hillarys elbow

Columbus, OH

#19 Jul 30, 2009
I hope the savings in money will translate to:

1-Colleen getting her hair done in Ohio instead of West Virginia.

2-Cabot no longer singing to us. And no longer nodding his head as Colleen reads.

3-Jym requesting an application from the county to move into the home for wayward TV people.

4-No more hiring of Miss Ohio's.

5-Making their sports department memorable.

6-Allow Bob the weather guy to get his clothes from
stores other than Columbus Tent and Awning.
womanroaring

Columbus, OH

#20 Jul 30, 2009
Angry Young American wrote:
I watch NBC in the morning for the weather report. They apparently seem to think that the only stories we care about in Columbus are about cute little puppy dogs or child molesters.
I totally agree.
Jim

Columbus, OH

#21 Jul 30, 2009
I was surprised when they moved her off the morning news. Seemed like they were cutting back her role at Channel 4.

I thought she was a great anchor and reporter. The media is cutting back big time and expect to see more faces go, especially at Media General owned NBC 4.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Air Quality Alert Issued For June 25 in Central... 12 hr They cannot kill ... 7
News Scioto Drug Bust (Sep '13) 17 hr colmustard 8
A vets widow needs help Sat Kee 1
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Sat Gold Dust 94
News Ohio Reporting First Zika Virus Case Acquired T... Jun 24 They cannot kill ... 1
News Ohio comedian mayor facing civil lawsuit, inves... Jun 24 Radar 73
News How Much Do Mitt & John Love Their Country? Jun 19 Stay Home Politic... 3
More from around the web