American flight attendant found dead in Mumbai hotel

Full story: Cleveland Plain Dealer (Cleveland Live News)

A Delta Air Lines flight attendant who police said was from Ohio was found dead in a hotel during a stopover in this city.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of83
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Debbie

Lake City, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Sounds like you need to get a life Brown Sugar and learn to be a kinder person.
BellaSmoochy

Rocky River, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Brown Sugar wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous? Not likely. Just thought it was time to give it up....let go.....let her rest in peace. Didn't know the woman.
You are obviously a waste of a human being if you have the nerve to tell my grieving family to let go and let my aunt rest in peace. I would like to know if you have ever had a family member murdered? It is Horrible. Most people know how thier loved one died, whether it be a serious illness or other natural causes. I don't know how my aunt died, and it's something that I think about every day. This is a very sensative subject for our family and I'd appreciate if you'd keep your rude and heartless advise to yourself. Please tell me how you would feel if you got a phone call that your aunt was found dead bound and gagged in a foreign country???????
Debbie

Andrews, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Hi BellaSmoochy,
I'm a longtime friend of Marilyn's and it has been heartbreaking for me to know that my friend is no longer here for me to chat with. Marilyn and I have had many great times together. I will remember her on her birthday by planting a new tree in my yard and will be thinking about her on Feb. 14. I don't seem to be getting very much info except what I recieved from some of the people I've been able to contact. I was informed by one that it was a accident. That she was thought to have lost her balaance and fell and hit her head.I would only hope pray that God would not put her through any suffering. I miss her think about her everyday knowing that I can't pick up the phone and even leave her a message. You and your family are in my prayers.
Brown Sugar

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

BellaSmoochy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously a waste of a human being if you have the nerve to tell my grieving family to let go and let my aunt rest in peace. I would like to know if you have ever had a family member murdered? It is Horrible. Most people know how thier loved one died, whether it be a serious illness or other natural causes. I don't know how my aunt died, and it's something that I think about every day. This is a very sensative subject for our family and I'd appreciate if you'd keep your rude and heartless advise to yourself. Please tell me how you would feel if you got a phone call that your aunt was found dead bound and gagged in a foreign country???????
Come come now Belly Smoocher, you and Marilyn weren't actually that tight now were you? Get over it and move on, let her RIP. We all sympathize with your loss, but it's time to move along. Your version of events/circumstances surrounding her demise seem to be at odds with the facts.
Debbie

Sumter, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Brown Sugar,
For someone who said that they didn't even know Marilyn you seem to be able to inform a family member that she and her aunt weren't even close. What kind of family do you come from? I do know that I would not want to be related to you or infact even want to know you as a friend. I hope that you will say a prayer for yourself that God will forgive you for being so cold.
Could it be possible that you know someone who could be involved in a so called coverup and you would like to see this go away? Maybe there will be justice made some where down the road if this was not a accident. I talked to Marilyn enough to
know that she would never take her own life and even if she was felt depressed about her mother being so sick she would have sought out someone to talk to. Marilyn had many friends in many places and I'm so glad you were't one of them due to the fact as you would of forgot about her as soon as her family buried her.
angilina ballerina

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

I just returned from Mumbai last week onn a 6 day. I am a flight attendant for NWA and I stopped going over as I found the housekeeping staff in my room using my computer line on the phone. How did I know...They left their water bottle half full on the desk. I also questioned why the head of housekeeping was in our pilots room at 11:00 a:m as another flight attendat and I caught it and questioned them. No problem mam! The captain, said he saw my door open. Both incidents reported. Camera's in the hotel lead to the confiscation of a purse behind a Pursers back was stolen by the housekeeping department on tape while our purser waiting for the van for pick-up. Of course, the passport and wallet were missing (not to mention car keys during the holdays and no way to get home without a charge card... By the way..no shower curtains,,glass doors and slippery floors.(one of our pilots fell amd died this past year. Delta, you need support and not a cheerleader of a CEO who promised us the same for personal gain. Once you let go and we lose the voices will silence as the long run in 3 years as stated by the Atlanta Journal said in three years Delta will be different. Seniority, and job security are very important. The language qualified flight attendants will be ahead and no matter when the were hired. FAIR AND EQUITABLE and the regionals taken by the Midwest and Compass leaves us on a corner with a tin cup. is more than pay and it will be date of hire so save your money and heartfelt promises of any Union. Fair and equitable are certain as Mr. Anderson already took from us and left. You need back-up and a plan and purpose for work rules and future stability as we are all going to work into are golden years. Ceo's come and go but we are all here for the long run. We must unite and fight and let the top know change comes from the bottom up as Mrs. Barrack said the other evening. Let management get the staple gun out and decide where the 3 year outlook of a lean machine does not include us rather Compass or Pinnacle. Regional flying is more fuel efficient on a 76 seater aircraft and Midwest Express is also a part of NWA. Protection and Seniority for all of our jobs is at stake. They are working fast as Anderson states however, we can work faster together if we unite and not divide. Please, listen as your seniority number or you will be a number at the unemployment office while you wait your turn in line to get a job at the local grocery srore. Security starts from the bottom up but the bottom has to be fed truth to expand. The top can say all they want but we need to lobby in DC and be heard about the outsourcing and then insourcing of Anerica, CEO"S THE FLIGHT CREWS WILL DO WHAT AMERICAN HAD TO DO..walk off togeher and in unity. May we begin the our journey to levels that surpass any evil or wicked ways to get rig of the Americanized flight attendant. BRING IT ON!
angilina ballerina

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

By the way, my sympathy for the loss of a hard working flight attendat for a repected airline from Delta. She had to have struggles, as we all do, but the towels aren't long enough to do anything.

I pray and ask the Lord to reveal truth from all of this. Security, from Homeland Security needs to come up with a plan to prevent this.(Norttwest does not supply innoculation or even a storage lock-up for our purse) Our lives are at stake in these 3rd world countries that are surpassing us. Now, to attack a flight attendant is the worst. She will be kept in prayer and her loss will build a mountain of hope for all. Sincere, love and compassion to her family and the group of flight attendants who are supporting and loving her family during this horrible tragedy....IN Jesus may we fly the skies!
JSL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Marilyn's family & friends, We miss her terribly and are still struggling with what actually happened to her in that room. We know that she never took your own life! Delta airlines should be ashamed of themselves for conveinently agreeing with the hotel that it was a suicide followed by announcements by airline officials placed in locations only hours after her death where crew members sign in and congregate before thier trips. There have been recent articles in Mumbai newspapers quoting the doctor that performed her autopsy that the final cause of death is questionable and that murder has not been ruled out.
February 14th is a very sad anniversary.
We love you Marilyn!!!!! oxoxoxo
you are so ignorant

Kennett Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2008

The water found in Bombay is a lot cleaner than you assume. Before you degrade another country, research, get some more knowledge into your head, then speak. Your comments have absolutely no value because of your ignorance. By the way, the main reason India is poor and over populated to begin with is because(if you are white, which i suppose your ignorance originates from, it directly relates to your authoritative demeaning racist kind)of the British rule. The British took all the valuables from India, and treated Indians like SLAVES. Those white cowards took so much from our country and are responsible for how India is now, and your ignorant self has the guts to call Bombay waters dirty? It probably is dirty now because the British washed their dirty white asses in there before India got its independence. Go read an Indian book you ill-bred idiot, and I promise you that you will see the great value of India and its cultures and religions and it will also cleanse your in born dirt that exists within yourself.
Brown Sugar

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2008

you are so ignorant wrote:
The water found in Bombay is a lot cleaner than you assume. Before you degrade another country, research, get some more knowledge into your head, then speak. Your comments have absolutely no value because of your ignorance. By the way, the main reason India is poor and over populated to begin with is because(if you are white, which i suppose your ignorance originates from, it directly relates to your authoritative demeaning racist kind)of the British rule. The British took all the valuables from India, and treated Indians like SLAVES. Those white cowards took so much from our country and are responsible for how India is now, and your ignorant self has the guts to call Bombay waters dirty? It probably is dirty now because the British washed their dirty white asses in there before India got its independence. Go read an Indian book you ill-bred idiot, and I promise you that you will see the great value of India and its cultures and religions and it will also cleanse your in born dirt that exists within yourself.
Mumbai (Bombay) is the worst shythole on the planet Earth. Unless there have been major improvements very recently, it continues to be the worst shythole on earth. The British did many things in India, but they did not stop them from over-breeding....and over-populating the land side. And just who the hell are you, a phucking foreigner, to call me a racist? If you do not like my white @ss, you can haul your unwelcome @ss back to your shythole in India. FWIW, I have plenty of guts and gonads....haul the balls around in a wheel barrow. You disgust me! Get out of my country...and stay out! We have way too many of your sorry kind already.
Brown Sugar

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2008

Debbie wrote:
Brown Sugar,
For someone who said that they didn't even know Marilyn you seem to be able to inform a family member that she and her aunt weren't even close. What kind of family do you come from? I do know that I would not want to be related to you or infact even want to know you as a friend. I hope that you will say a prayer for yourself that God will forgive you for being so cold.
Could it be possible that you know someone who could be involved in a so called coverup and you would like to see this go away? Maybe there will be justice made some where down the road if this was not a accident. I talked to Marilyn enough to
know that she would never take her own life and even if she was felt depressed about her mother being so sick she would have sought out someone to talk to. Marilyn had many friends in many places and I'm so glad you were't one of them due to the fact as you would of forgot about her as soon as her family buried her.
Hey Little Debbie:
What is the name of that Chinese restaurant on Hwy 76, directly across from Shaw AFB....owned/operated by an oriental woman. Had some outstanding food there a few times. Try it, you might like it.
Brown Sugar

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

Debbie wrote:
Brown Sugar,
I remember now. The name of the Chinese restaurant on Hwy 76 across from Shaw AFB is The Dragon, right? It really was good once upon a time.
Debbie

Lake City, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Brown Sugar,
I'm not into chinese cuisine,but, I will pass the word to my friends. I love cajun food. What brought you to Sumter? This area is really growing!
I'ts nice to see a more pleasant side of you!Sorry, for getting so fiesty in earlier notes. I'm protective over family and friends.
Brown Sugar

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Debbie wrote:
Brown Sugar,
I'm not into chinese cuisine,but, I will pass the word to my friends. I love cajun food. What brought you to Sumter? This area is really growing!
I'ts nice to see a more pleasant side of you!Sorry, for getting so fiesty in earlier notes. I'm protective over family and friends.
I had/have a few friends there; and was in/out of that general area for several years....not related to military service. No apology necessary. FWIW, status of The Dragon is unknown at present. It has been a few years since my last visit. Heard recently the Gov. fired head of the Dept. of Public Safety and Highway Patrol related to racial slurs by a Trooper caught on tape during arrest situations back in 2004. May you have love to share, friends that care and health to spare.
Dreamcatcher

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Has anybody had any news on what the status of Marilyn case is? A friend of ours said that a family member said that the conclusion to her death was that she slipped and hit her head. I miss her so much and think about her so often.Still can't believe she is gone. What a beautiful person she was inside and out. I'm thankful to have many great memories of her.
Brown Sugar

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

Dreamcatcher wrote:
Has anybody had any news on what the status of Marilyn case is? A friend of ours said that a family member said that the conclusion to her death was that she slipped and hit her head. I miss her so much and think about her so often.Still can't believe she is gone. What a beautiful person she was inside and out. I'm thankful to have many great memories of her.
Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly; and leave the rest to God.
nobody

Warngau, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Ms. Naibee was also thinking about suicide.
Another Flight Attendant of Delta Air.
Debbie

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Wishing Marilyn's friends and family a healthy and prosperous New Year. Hope that lifes memories will keep Marilyn in all of our thoughts going into another year without her. Miss her deeply and always keep her in my heart.
Money Maker

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

I would like to send my condolences to the family.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that you find out exactly what happened to put your thoughts at rest.
Debbie

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

Coming up on 2 years that Marilyn has been gone.Hope that her family is doing well and that they are in my thoughts.Miss you Marilyn!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of83
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••