American flight attendant found dead in Mumbai hotel

A Delta Air Lines flight attendant who police said was from Ohio was found dead in a hotel during a stopover in this city. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Carol

United States

#1 Feb 16, 2007
I'm a flight attendant for Delta and would like to know more about how the crew member in Mumbai died.
flygirl73_mco

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Feb 17, 2007
Carol wrote:
I'm a flight attendant for Delta and would like to know more about how the crew member in Mumbai died.
Click on the article....it tells pretty much everything. She committed suicide by tying the shower curtain around her neck. Her poor mother....It says her mother is ill and she wrote a letter to her apologizing for not spending more time with her. It was a suicide note found in her hotel room.
Honorable EX-NWA wife

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Feb 17, 2007
flygirl73_mco wrote:
<quoted text>Click on the article....it tells pretty much everything. She committed suicide by tying the shower curtain around her neck. Her poor mother....It says her mother is ill and she wrote a letter to her apologizing for not spending more time with her. It was a suicide note found in her hotel room.
How sad that she was in that 'state' of being.God Rest Her Soul.
In-Flight

Columbus, OH

#4 Feb 17, 2007
How sad.
alyssa

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#5 Feb 20, 2007
she did not commit suicide..my aunt would NEVER do that. there is NO shower curtains in that hotel..its glass door shower!
Brown Sugar

Richardson, TX

#6 Feb 20, 2007
alyssa wrote:
she did not commit suicide..my aunt would NEVER do that. there is NO shower curtains in that hotel..its glass door shower!
She probably drank some of that pissy, contaminated water, or ate something. On my last trip to that hell hole (Bombay), we didn't eat or drink anything from the local economy, except one quart of hot, bootleg beer, split between the three of us from the flight deck. Our only intake was the few crumbs we took from the aircraft pantries,which were pretty well depleted; and a few small shot bottles of booze. The layover was 36 hours. Never will forget the street scenes and that massive trash dump inhabited by thousands of people. Condolences regarding your aunt.
Brown Sugar

Richardson, TX

#7 Feb 20, 2007
alyssa wrote:
Regrets Alyssa. This appears to be a bad case of hari-kari, using the shower curtain method. Condolences again.
Wizdom

Bellefontaine, OH

#8 Feb 20, 2007
Brown Sugar wrote:
<quoted text>
Regrets Alyssa. This appears to be a bad case of hari-kari, using the shower curtain method. Condolences again.
Brown Sugar is a good monicker...very tacky!
flygirl73_mco

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Feb 20, 2007
alyssa wrote:
Just going by what the article said, did you read it? If she really is your aunt.....I'm sorry for the loss. Suicide or not, it's a sad story. Hope her mother is holding up okay. My airline had 2 crewmembers who have died from suicide in the last 2 years. Everyone was shocked. Nobody ever new they were upset. Same way, too. Shower curtains or bed sheets. I hope its not true, but awfully fishy if it isn't.
SugarCookie

New York, NY

#10 Feb 22, 2007
Any new information?
JSL

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Feb 22, 2007
alyssa wrote:
No one who knows Marilyn belives this did not happen like it has been reported. It's interesting that she died on the 14th and the Indian officials completed an investigation (reported in the papers) by the 15th. Maybe their investigation missed much of the evidence and was not conducted properly. Let's hope that US officials can step in and make a differnce in this investigation. Hopefully, it's not too late!
Doug

United States

#12 Feb 22, 2007
The whole thing is very sad. I hope a thorough investigation has been done that will get to the bottom of it, and help the family have some closure. Prayers to that family!
Sandy

Cleveland, OH

#13 Feb 22, 2007
Yes, many prayers to this family!
SASSYASCANBE

Atlanta, GA

#14 Feb 24, 2007
SORRY TO HEAR...MY CONSOLENCES TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY BE...COMING FROM A DELTA AGENT
DL FA

San Marcos, CA

#15 Mar 12, 2007
Carol wrote:
i am also a delta fa. many of us do not believe that this was suicide. i hope a real investigation will be done. this is just not right. just disgustingly awful.
gary london

UK

#17 Mar 17, 2007
is there a real suspicion here that this lady met with foul play and its being covered up?
JSL

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Mar 19, 2007
gary london wrote:
is there a real suspicion here that this lady met with foul play and its being covered up?
There is no doubt that this is suspicious. It seems they took all of a few hours to investigate and there is no proof that they ruled out foul play. Based on email traffic and conversation with many people who were there and people who also knew her, there were a lot of assumptions made in the investigation (sloppy work). Unfortunately, the burdon of proof will be put on the family to prove otherwise. The time and cost to gather the findings of the investigation could be overwhelming to the grieving family friends. Marilyn did have many friends in NY that are former law enforcement and there may be some assistance from them but this could take a while. To really get results you need contacts on the ground in India that can work for the family.
Paul

Lake Worth, FL

#19 Mar 20, 2007
Now AA Flight Attendant Randy ? is also listed as suicide in Paris. Does anybody know more? Reply to pilotpay@pngusa.net SUBJECT PARIS FA SUICIDE
P.
Heidi

United States

#20 Mar 24, 2007
Paul wrote:
Now AA Flight Attendant Randy ? is also listed as suicide in Paris. Does anybody know more? Reply to pilotpay@pngusa.net SUBJECT PARIS FA SUICIDE
P.
Hi Paul,
Let me know if you hear any more about my friend Randy...this is tragic!

Heidi
Heidi

United States

#21 Mar 24, 2007
Any info. on Randy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats ramp up calls for Grimma s resignatio... 6 hr STFU 13
Police: Teen shot dead by shopper wanted shoes 8 hr Net Nut 4
Ohio approves state smoking ban (Nov '06) 15 hr LordJerry 76,053
What will central Ohio look like in 40 years? Tue fae31 9
Concealed carry does not make us safer (Nov '09) Tue fae31 6,985
Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... Tue Dan Rather 2
Summit County Jail inmates, deputies pushed to ... Tue Mike 1
More from around the web