Rove, Kochs lead GOP fight over data,...

Rove, Kochs lead GOP fight over data, dollars

There are 69 comments on the Politico story from Apr 22, 2013, titled Rove, Kochs lead GOP fight over data, dollars. In it, Politico reports that:

The GOP didn't have an answer for Big Democratic Data in 2012, costing them in close races from Congress to the White House.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1 Apr 22, 2013
I can't to laugh every time a republican cites the koch bothers creation the tea party as populist or looking after the little guy
The Koch brothers are worth about $50 billion.
Which of course makes them typical men on the street.
The Tea Party was created to get Gov't off of their backs...
The Koch brothers don't give a crap about your back...
On the other hand Karl Rove is a typical D.C. reptile...
you got alot to choose from

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#2 Apr 22, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
I can't to laugh every time a republican cites the koch bothers creation the tea party as populist or looking after the little guy
Tell us again about Soros and his 180 media propaganda outlets and of course billinaires Kasier, Buffett and Gates......all liberals that became billionaires under capitalism, but don't want the rest of us to have that chance.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3 Apr 22, 2013
Reaganomics is NOT "capitalism".

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4 Apr 22, 2013
That's why all the GOPee has left is voter suppression, which they're pushing at all levels in all states. They did so pre-2012 election too, but it didn't do them any good. That's why they'll be pushing it harder in 2014 and in 2016 - because if they can't suppress the vote from young voters, the elderly, the poor, and minorities, they will KEEP ON LOSING.

And they know it.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#5 Apr 22, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us again about Soros and his 180 media propaganda outlets and of course billinaires Kasier, Buffett and Gates......all liberals that became billionaires under capitalism, but don't want the rest of us to have that chance.
A FRACTION of the money and billionaires which the GOPee has at its disposal. That's why Soros is the ONLY guy you morons ever mention.

Absurd to think that none of those folks want anyone else to become wealthy. They just push to get the rich, including themselves, to pay their fair share of taxes.

You won't ever, EVER be a billionaire...but you lick their boots adoringly. What's that say about YOU, au Spambot??:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#6 Apr 22, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
Populism could never have anything to do with the Right or Republicanism, since it's a movement of the common man on behalf of their rights, not on behalf of the rights of the wealthy and corporate classes which the GOPee serves.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#7 Apr 22, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
A FRACTION of the money and billionaires which the GOPee has at its disposal. That's why Soros is the ONLY guy you morons ever mention.
Absurd to think that none of those folks want anyone else to become wealthy. They just push to get the rich, including themselves, to pay their fair share of taxes.
You won't ever, EVER be a billionaire...but you lick their boots adoringly. What's that say about YOU, au Spambot??:)
Boots? I think he's already worked his way up from there.
serfs up

United States

#8 Apr 22, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it about time you give us a FOX news update?

Paris

#9 Apr 22, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
That's why all the GOPee has left is voter suppression, which they're pushing at all levels in all states. They did so pre-2012 election too, but it didn't do them any good. That's why they'll be pushing it harder in 2014 and in 2016 - because if they can't suppress the vote from young voters, the elderly, the poor, and minorities, they will KEEP ON LOSING.
And they know it.
Supress the votes........hahahahah
1. Young voters are brain dead and only want candy
2. The poor, won't vote anyway unless bribed to.
3. Minorities vote liberal anyway, illegals and for free phones
4. Low information voters that make their X on the paper.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#10 Apr 22, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't it about time you give us a FOX news update?
Are you trying to be funny???:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#11 Apr 22, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Supress the votes........hahahahah
1. Young voters are brain dead and only want candy
2. The poor, won't vote anyway unless bribed to.
3. Minorities vote liberal anyway, illegals and for free phones
4. Low information voters that make their X on the paper.
Hahahah...dickbag

1. Young voters don't want rich old white guys running their lives

2. The poor don't want to be screwed by the GOPee

3. Minorities are ignored by the GOPee, illegals don't vote, and "free phones" are a myth

4. NO one is more "low information" than Republicans

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#12 Apr 22, 2013
I just get a tingle down my leg every time I think of Election Night 2012 when Rove completely lost it live on the air as he desperately try to get fox news election desk to reverse their call of Ohio to the Obama columnů these are true highlights of my political memory bank, LOL!
Gravediggers

Boynton Beach, FL

#13 Apr 22, 2013
S O R O S

good thing is he is aged and we won't have him around much longer

Paris

#14 Apr 22, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I just get a tingle down my leg every time I think of Election Night 2012 when Rove completely lost it live on the air as he desperately try to get fox news election desk to reverse their call of Ohio to the Obama columnů these are true highlights of my political memory bank, LOL!
Trial begins for officials accused in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud.

By Eric Shawn
Published April 22, 2013

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/22/tr...

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#15 Apr 22, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Trial begins for officials accused in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud.
By Eric Shawn
Published April 22, 2013
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/22/tr...
Birther nut Dumbospamming Faux News no information moron.
Be Fair

Wahiawa, HI

#16 Apr 23, 2013
To be honest they know they aren't going to win. They being Rove and other Republican party officials. The why is fair simple.

The liberals embrace technology, data and communication and can wield it with far greater skill than most conservatives I know. They understand it as a tool.

Conservatives see technology as a danger to most of the liberties and would be less likely to embrace it for the fear of being spied on. Which is already happening.

To win the world of Data over the Liberals, Conservatives are going to have to learn to see technology and data as tools and not the boogie man big brother looking to see if you have been reading the right websites.

Data is being collected about you every moment you do anything that is electronic. From a list of the items you brought with your credit card at Wal-Mart to this very site getting your IP addy and useing that to custom little ad-links to products that you might like based on your internet habits. Even your phone's GPS will be recorded so that a company can know where you are and even text you a coupon for that store you walk by every day to work.

We, Being Conservatives, Can either use the data that is already being collected and used to fine more of our like minded kin or lose the information battle with the liberals that have no problem using such information to their advantage.

Think of it as a cold war arms race, we can either let the other side have all the nukes or we arm ourselves.

Buffalo, NY

#17 Apr 23, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us again about Soros and his 180 media propaganda outlets and of course billinaires Kasier, Buffett and Gates......all liberals that became billionaires under capitalism, but don't want the rest of us to have that chance.
Buffett wants his taxes raised. The Koch's are fighting to have theirs lowered.
Both party's have their money men it is the sad fact of politics that with no money you got no chance.
As you pointed out those boys got rich under capitalism, which as of this morning, we still operate under.
I haven't run across a actual commie in years.
If you want to chase the money changers out of the temple, overturn Citizen's united.
Which is a Koch creation.

Buffalo, NY

#18 Apr 23, 2013
Be Fair wrote:
Data is being collected about you every moment you do anything that is electronic. From a list of the items you brought with your credit card at Wal-Mart to this very site getting your IP addy and useing that to custom little ad-links to products that you might like based on your internet habits. Even your phone's GPS will be recorded so that a company can know where you are and even text you a coupon for that store you walk by every day to work.
There is a real big chunk of truth in the above. Corporations and Gov't all are on the internet. Everything you are is electronically recorded.
My trading partner and I talk about a cyber 911 with a lot of fear, we refuse to trade Chinese paper..
The Chinese have more power than Osama bin laden had in disrupting the country's economy, Gov't and infrastructure.
The fear of our Gov't mis using information is aways present and not limited to Dems or GOP's.
And i also believe that our quality of life suffers when every breath we take can be recorded, exploited and monetized by a multinational.
Be Fair

Wahiawa, HI

#19 Apr 23, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a real big chunk of truth in the above. Corporations and Gov't all are on the internet. Everything you are is electronically recorded.
My trading partner and I talk about a cyber 911 with a lot of fear, we refuse to trade Chinese paper..
The Chinese have more power than Osama bin laden had in disrupting the country's economy, Gov't and infrastructure.
The fear of our Gov't mis using information is aways present and not limited to Dems or GOP's.
And i also believe that our quality of life suffers when every breath we take can be recorded, exploited and monetized by a multinational.
No one is comfortable with the idea of their every movement recorded and cataloged for future reference. If I haven't spent so much time researching data mining techniques I wouldn't know any better myself. It gave me a chill when I understood the full depth of what a private company can not only gather about you from your past habits but can even monitor your consumer habits in real time if so desired.

As of right now there is no laws that prevent them from gathering the data and thus was the point of my post. If the Republican party and it's supporters like myself are going to win elections than they are going to have to learn to use the tools that Democrats are already using with the same skill as they are using or we will continue to be at a disadvantage in all future elections.

If the data system is already there, use it, because the other side is already using it you can either fight with the same weapons or just sit down and let them take election after election from you.

Paris

#20 Apr 23, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Birther nut Dumbospamming Faux News no information moron.
Two have already pleaded guilty pookie, the other four leaders in the fraud will fall soon. Don't expect the MSM to print the facts pookie. I've got to educate you loons someway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... 5 hr Dandy24 1,042
News Being overweight may be caused by the clock in ... 11 hr Texxy 1
News Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) 14 hr Itstrue 62,103
pyramid schemes Mar 24 pattyboiman1 1
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers (Jun '16) Mar 24 Bert Wedemeyer 362
News United States of America v. Jesse James Patters... Mar 24 Spotted owlet 1
News Watertown and Massena JCPenney stores not part ... Mar 23 agree 2
More from around the web