Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61881 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

AOL

#5764 Feb 3, 2008
Wasn't Gary Szczepankiewicz at Ascension in NT? Didn't he leave there quickly? Maybe I am wrong? Now he is at St. Casimir's and isn't he saying he thinks it ought close?
Anonymous

United States

#5765 Feb 3, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
Is there some reference to LAVENDER with the guys names at Niagara Falls? I'm not sure what you all mean by same sex Vegas weddings and all the rest. Please 'splain lucy!
Do you mean was it tied to the Lavender Mafia? Who knows at this point. However it appeared that these guys were starting to "come out" in plain view of the parishes. We had heard that they had been married in Vegas (where else). I can still picture the happy couple walking down the isle of the church, arm in arm with big smiles. One of the couple had just converted to Catholicism, the other his sponsor. Padre J must have approved of it, he was there.
Anonymous

Schaumburg, IL

#5766 Feb 3, 2008
I just checked out the blog, "Man charged with stealing $400,000" and someone posted that the people of Ascension knew about Kozlowski's gambling problem. Could this be why they were closed? A cover-up? If you know any former parishioner of Ascension, please encourage them to speak up and call the DA.
Anonymous

United States

#5767 Feb 3, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Can someone please tell me why is it when "the truth" finally comes out about people helping themselves to the church's money, it's always a six figure? Is that the breaking point for the diocese? You never hear about lesser amounts and yet it's common knowledge at some churches that secretaries are helping themselves and the priest turns the other cheek to it.
You're absolutely right! From what I see, MANY people live off the church and parishes. It may be that nobody wants to make trouble in the parish and blow the whistle on the parasites. It may be that people figure the pastor approves of this payoff, he is the Laird of the Manor after all. What does amaze me is that the official financial reports are monkeyed with so often. In our parish a past pastor actually changed the "final" financial report to the tune of $5K, without telling the Financial Committee. He got caught and double talked his way through it. I heard of another parish whose Holy Name is running a fundraiser.The reason, so that they can take their wives out to dinner. True story!
Anonymous

United States

#5768 Feb 3, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
I just checked out the blog, "Man charged with stealing $400,000" and someone posted that the people of Ascension knew about Kozlowski's gambling problem. Could this be why they were closed? A cover-up? If you know any former parishioner of Ascension, please encourage them to speak up and call the DA.
Yes, Kozlowski was Business Manager and organist at Ascension in NT for a few years with Szepankiewicz. Financial discrepancies, cover-ups? Is that why Ascension was shut down? Start digging.
Anonymous

United States

#5769 Feb 3, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> You're absolutely right! From what I see, MANY people live off the church and parishes. It may be that nobody wants to make trouble in the parish and blow the whistle on the parasites. It may be that people figure the pastor approves of this payoff, he is the Laird of the Manor after all. What does amaze me is that the official financial reports are monkeyed with so often. In our parish a past pastor actually changed the "final" financial report to the tune of $5K, without telling the Financial Committee. He got caught and double talked his way through it. I heard of another parish whose Holy Name is running a fundraiser.The reason, so that they can take their wives out to dinner. True story!
Heard the same story - I couldn't believe it -- a fundraiser to take their wives out to dinner. The card party fundraiser is today.
Anonymous

United States

#5770 Feb 3, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
Wasn't Gary Szczepankiewicz at Ascension in NT? Didn't he leave there quickly? Maybe I am wrong? Now he is at St. Casimir's and isn't he saying he thinks it ought close?
He was Bus. Mgr. at Ascension for a few years. During that time Ascension was denied a permit at the Canal Fest (they sponsored a booth every year). Organizers couldn't understand why? Comes to find out, the Bus. Mgr. never paid the previous year's rental fee.
Anonymous

United States

#5771 Feb 3, 2008
Reading all this, I think I understand why Martin Luther published 95 Theses. Is it time for a new Reformation?
GAMonymous

United States

#5772 Feb 3, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Listen, you jerk...as soon as this blog starts discussing things that place the diocese in a bad light, here you are trying to deflect the blog away from things we have a right to know...makes you nervous doesn't it. You have such an obsession with Gammi, but it doesn't work with us as much as you try, try, try. The diocese is in such a bad place right now. Things are coming out, and people here are mad enough now and they are talking, talking, talking. It's not gossip you jerk...it's the truth. Now as the other poster suggested to you earlier today, get that afghan and pull it over your head....make sure it's extra large...now beat it.
Gammy,

Your words do not reflect that of a christian, do they?

Oh that's right, I forgot. You're catholic!

That explains it all.
GAMonymous

United States

#5773 Feb 3, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
Reading all this, I think I understand why Martin Luther published 95 Theses. Is it time for a new Reformation?
The old reformation was more than sufficient. No need for another.

Some people are just slow learners, that's all.
Anonymous

United States

#5774 Feb 3, 2008
Another possibility for Holy Trinity -- join St. Michael's Polish National Catholic Church on 27th and East Falls St. After all these shady dealings, this option is beginning to look better and better. Spoke with someone yesterday who cordially invited any of our parishioners to come "take a look". Small parish, friendly, welcoming people. It's another option - instead of the lovely "new merged church". And better than a Muslim church as someone suggested we join. Think about it. We are.
Anonymous

United States

#5775 Feb 3, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
Another possibility for Holy Trinity -- join St. Michael's Polish National Catholic Church on 27th and East Falls St. After all these shady dealings, this option is beginning to look better and better. Spoke with someone yesterday who cordially invited any of our parishioners to come "take a look". Small parish, friendly, welcoming people. It's another option - instead of the lovely "new merged church". And better than a Muslim church as someone suggested we join. Think about it. We are.
I have already contacted them last week. I am planning to stop by next Sunday. You are not the only one that has thought of this option.
Concerned

Auburn, ME

#5776 Feb 3, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> You're absolutely right! From what I see, MANY people live off the church and parishes. It may be that nobody wants to make trouble in the parish and blow the whistle on the parasites. It may be that people figure the pastor approves of this payoff, he is the Laird of the Manor after all. What does amaze me is that the official financial reports are monkeyed with so often. In our parish a past pastor actually changed the "final" financial report to the tune of $5K, without telling the Financial Committee. He got caught and double talked his way through it. I heard of another parish whose Holy Name is running a fundraiser.The reason, so that they can take their wives out to dinner. True story!
I bet you a dollar to a dime (oops sorry about that gambling referral RANDY) that the Parish was Pius X on North French. Not only ought that pastor and his finances be checked out but lets continue on with St. Timothy's and that loud mouth who talks about all HIS money also. Both these pastors are from the same mold. its THEIRS and they forget the concept of the parish community! Check out how many times the Pius Pastor takes trips to Florida and the amount of money he spends on supply priest!! He sometimes only concelebrates while the people pay for an extra priest to come. Check the bulletin of Timothy's see how many supply priest he pays! Now you don't think there is a problem in the DIOCESE OF BUFFALO!!! Get you act together. People rise up and send information to the fraud department of this DIOCESE they promise to investigate and that it will be handled with annominity??? Test THat New POLICY!!
Niagara Fancy Bakery

Tonawanda, NY

#5777 Feb 3, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
Not a bad idea at all!!
A big point, and plus with the Polish Nationals, is that Church property is owned by the people who purchase, build and maintain it!!

Did you know that the first PNCC formed in Buffalo resulted from some parishioners leaving St. Adalberts in Buffalo, and forming their own parish. I believe under the direction of Fr. Klawitter, who was originally from St. Adalberts.

For more info, click this link...

http://www.pncc.org/

And this link for the Buffalo/Pittsburgh Diocese -

http://www.buffalopittsburghdiocesepncc.org/

A very interesting history.
Anonymous

United States

#5778 Feb 3, 2008
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you a dollar to a dime (oops sorry about that gambling referral RANDY) that the Parish was Pius X on North French. Not only ought that pastor and his finances be checked out but lets continue on with St. Timothy's and that loud mouth who talks about all HIS money also. Both these pastors are from the same mold. its THEIRS and they forget the concept of the parish community! Check out how many times the Pius Pastor takes trips to Florida and the amount of money he spends on supply priest!! He sometimes only concelebrates while the people pay for an extra priest to come. Check the bulletin of Timothy's see how many supply priest he pays! Now you don't think there is a problem in the DIOCESE OF BUFFALO!!! Get you act together. People rise up and send information to the fraud department of this DIOCESE they promise to investigate and that it will be handled with annominity??? Test THat New POLICY!!
Do the priests and officials from the diocese get some sort of Vatican Diplomatic immunity? Don't they have to abide by state and federal laws? Last time I checked fraud, theft and mismagement of funds were against the law.
xxx

Buffalo, NY

#5779 Feb 3, 2008
Curious wrote:
Does anyone know if this Randall Kozlowski was ever married or was he a "confirmed bachelor"?
yes he was married
meme

Buffalo, NY

#5780 Feb 3, 2008
i've known randy for many years... this didn't shock me when it came to light...over the years, i often wondered how he was supporting his rather lavish lifestyle, and i figured it had to be something like this...

i find it so interesting that someone i laughed with and liked so much could have been surreptitiously stealing....from GOD!!! you just never know, i guess...

i know he is suffering...and his family is suffering... Randy was devoted to his mother, is very close to his sister and has many, many friends...

he's not a callous monster...and i do have some sympathy for people who get so sucked into their addictions that they do the wrong thing...
Anonymous

United States

#5781 Feb 3, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> Do the priests and officials from the diocese get some sort of Vatican Diplomatic immunity? Don't they have to abide by state and federal laws? Last time I checked fraud, theft and mismagement of funds were against the law.
Absolutely, how do these priests get away with this. They just move them from parish to parish and cover up the mismanagement.
Anonymous

United States

#5782 Feb 3, 2008
Niagara Fancy Bakery wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a bad idea at all!!
A big point, and plus with the Polish Nationals, is that Church property is owned by the people who purchase, build and maintain it!!
Did you know that the first PNCC formed in Buffalo resulted from some parishioners leaving St. Adalberts in Buffalo, and forming their own parish. I believe under the direction of Fr. Klawitter, who was originally from St. Adalberts.
For more info, click this link...
http://www.pncc.org/
And this link for the Buffalo/Pittsburgh Diocese -
http://www.buffalopittsburghdiocesepncc.org/
A very interesting history.
They don't leave us much choice. What's left? St. Mary's - too much arrogance and champagne for my liking. St. Joseph's/Mt.Carmel - too Italian - I want to embrace my Polish heritage. I'm not Italian, Prince of Peace/St. Leo'/St. John's -- too generic -- don't know anyone, no connection whatsoever, have never even been at St. Leo's. New merged parish - St. Stan's - definitely not an option - out of the question. So... what's left.....St. Michael's or drive out to Fatima Shrine.
Anonymous

United States

#5783 Feb 3, 2008
Check out another website regarding Randall Kozlowski = "Man charged with stealing $400,000". Some interesting blogs. The pastor of Holy Redeemer parish caught stealing $100,000 from parish to build himself a new home in Colden, NY!!!(This parish also closing) When will this stop? There does not seem to be an end to all these lies and deception by the diocese.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 13 Times Russian Hackers Sabotaged Clinton's Pr... 4 hr Princess Teesha 402
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... 4 hr cat lover 626
News All around the city, New Yorkers are protesting... 21 hr Khan 3
News King's daughter: Fight 'no matter who is in Whi... Jan 17 lol 1
News Listen to Ben Carson's New Rap Ad Aimed at Afri... (Nov '15) Jan 15 OprahPlease 58
News County news: Graduate's invention to light up N... Jan 13 resist sinkholes 1
News New York financier to land White House adviser ... Jan 12 Anonymous 1
More from around the web