Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,825)

Showing posts 56,481 - 56,500 of58,480
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> No, but in almost cases, where this situation has come up, the Vatican has finally ruled in favor of the bishop. there may have been one or two exceptions. Rebuilding St. Ann's and then maintaining-- a total waste of money. Keep a few schools open. Donate to Stt. Luke's
St. Luke is not a parish . Who is supporting it and why? The total waste of money is the salaries paid priests and extra stipends for doing very little for very few. I agree that schools should be kept open in poor areas for poor students since all of you are so worried about the poor. Is that going to happen? Have you talked to the Bishop in Cleveland lately and found out what happened to him? Will he be joining his buddies soon?
Anon

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

MsgrBadski wrote:
Where are Art Smith and Dave Gallivan?
In the Bahamas.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Service wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know all this?
yeah and is he a top or a bottom?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Word is out all over Europe that the young man from St. Ann's, I think his name was Brandone Young has saved St. Ann's Church by his rich connections in Rome where he is studying.
Is this true? Maybe he can help Corpus Christi too with their money problems.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
the x priest from Corpus Christi is selling Ford cars at the car show downtown.
He still looks great, and can talk anybody into anything!
He know how to get what he wants.
All priests that have big fancy cars should sell them and buy a Ford Focus from Mr. Chalupka. This would help him out a lot.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I think selling CARS is the perfect career for the slick-talking Mr. Chalupka. Not too much of a demand for snake-oil these days. And he certainly sold a bill of goods to the 1000+ people who attended his farewell Mass. Let's see now, if each of them were to buy a car from him ....hmmmm.
You are absolutely right!
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
I think selling CARS is the perfect career for the slick-talking Mr. Chalupka. Not too much of a demand for snake-oil these days. And he certainly sold a bill of goods to the 1000+ people who attended his farewell Mass. Let's see now, if each of them were to buy a car from him ....hmmmm.
He took advantage of and stepped on a lot of people to get where he is today. I think he has no conscience. Mr. Chalupka is a slick talker.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
He took advantage of and stepped on a lot of people to get where he is today. I think he has no conscience. Mr. Chalupka is a slick talker.
Well, where Mr. Chalupka is today doesn't sound so great. Selling cars is certainly a comedown from his rather elite upbringing. Witness what an accomplished musician he is. Maybe he would be better off in a jazz band? Or playing the organ at professional baseball games. As for his personal life, seems like he was more "in heat" than "in love". And what will daddy tell his little girl about how to lead a virtuous and moral life when she becomes a teenager? He certainly will need to do some slick talking then. Bring on the snake oil!
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Bishop Kopacz of ackson, MS is a 1972 graduate of SJV/CTK, same class as Sheedy and Zuffoletto.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well, where Mr. Chalupka is today doesn't sound so great. Selling cars is certainly a comedown from his rather elite upbringing. Witness what an accomplished musician he is. Maybe he would be better off in a jazz band? Or playing the organ at professional baseball games. As for his personal life, seems like he was more "in heat" than "in love". And what will daddy tell his little girl about how to lead a virtuous and moral life when she becomes a teenager? He certainly will need to do some slick talking then. Bring on the snake oil!
Maybe he can tell her how forgiving and tolerant people of the Catholic faith are and that she will be very welcomed by all the pious, virginal Polish ladies who have nicely round ,plump bodies but tongues and fangs like snakes.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
Word is out all over Europe that the young man from St. Ann's, I think his name was Brandone Young has saved St. Ann's Church by his rich connections in Rome where he is studying.
Anything that could help this poor excuse for a Catholic leadership should be welcomed. Isn't that why they are working with all sorts of developers and non catholics, masons and others and ignoring their own parishioners. This city has so little to offer , everybody is on a power kick. Instead of learning from the Vatican ruling they have to appeal because their ego is offended worlwide. You might call this pride if not something else.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he can tell her how forgiving and tolerant people of the Catholic faith are and that she will be very welcomed by all the pious, virginal Polish ladies who have nicely round ,plump bodies but tongues and fangs like snakes.
Yes, how much easier being all-forgiving would make it for the next immoral priest who is exposed like this Chalupka phony baloney. His way of thinking would be, "I can commit any moral transgression I desire and even lead a double life, because in the end everybody will FORGIVE me." I'm sure a lot of lavenders think that way too. And priests are supposed to be examples for laypeople on how to lead a virtuous, moral life? Spare me.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, how much easier being all-forgiving would make it for the next immoral priest who is exposed like this Chalupka phony baloney. His way of thinking would be, "I can commit any moral transgression I desire and even lead a double life, because in the end everybody will FORGIVE me." I'm sure a lot of lavenders think that way too. And priests are supposed to be examples for laypeople on how to lead a virtuous, moral life? Spare me.
And who are you to judge? And neither you nor the pope have to forgive anybody. You have not been chosen to do any forgiving. He is still better than the phony baloney priests that are still practicing and living double lives with their MALE partners or whatever they call themselves. Why aren't they out of the church? Why isn't the Bishop concentrating on them instead of harassing people who are trying to keep churches and schools open. And Why aren't you helping them either. Did you make a big donation to his church? Is that your gripe? Spare us the moralizing please.
ANN

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
Come to St. Ann Church on Saturday mornings . Rain or shine sub zero or above zero.
The best connection is prayer . Try it . It works.( A good lawyer also helps.)
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

John wrote:
The Diocese has shown once again that it has no regard for the wishes of the faithful. The people in Niagara Falls spent two years meeting and creating proposals to address the situation. In the final proposal they unanimously chose Holy Trinity as the site to remain open. Sr. Regina Murphy switched this to St. Stanislaus Kostka, possibly the least inspiring church in the city, with no parking, and Kmiec agreed to it. The whole process on the part of the parishioners was a charade. And closing St. Mary's in Lockport and Ascension in North Tonawanda - with 1000 families each??? It defies logic. I hope the Diocese gets mass defections because that's what it deserves.
Never forget !( 2007)
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

MsgrBadski wrote:
Ultimately, Malone will win out over the disgruntled parishioners of St. Ann's
No matter what Tome decides, Malone already lost. Now Msgr. Slubecki tells us that the DOB has been for preservation of St. Annís all along. Really? What has the DOB done in the last 50 years to maintain it this historic and beautiful church? Unlike Corpus Christi, the Jesuits did not own the church. The diocese did but it acted like many other absentee landlords in Buffalo.
Emslie

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
<quoted text>St. Ann's church should remain closed.
Mind your own business, please.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

ANN wrote:
<quoted text>
Come to St. Ann Church on Saturday mornings . Rain or shine sub zero or above zero.
The best connection is prayer . Try it . It works.( A good lawyer also helps.)
Not many people are saying the rosary in front of the suburban churches in freezing temperatures.
At St. Ann's they have been doing this for three years now.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
And who are you to judge? And neither you nor the pope have to forgive anybody. You have not been chosen to do any forgiving. He is still better than the phony baloney priests that are still practicing and living double lives with their MALE partners or whatever they call themselves. Why aren't they out of the church? Why isn't the Bishop concentrating on them instead of harassing people who are trying to keep churches and schools open. And Why aren't you helping them either. Did you make a big donation to his church? Is that your gripe? Spare us the moralizing please.
No, I didn't make any big donations to Corpus Christi. However, I am still scraping egg off my face from the three columns I wrote about Mr. Chalupka in the Am Pol Eagle extolling his virtues as a truly spiritual priest, while at the exact same time, this phony baloney and his equally shady girlfriend had their bun in the oven. I only take comfort in the fact he had over 1,000 others buffalo'ed as well. Yes, we all drank the Kool-Aid (with some snake-oil on the side).
anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
No, I didn't make any big donations to Corpus Christi. However, I am still scraping egg off my face from the three columns I wrote about Mr. Chalupka in the Am Pol Eagle extolling his virtues as a truly spiritual priest, while at the exact same time, this phony baloney and his equally shady girlfriend had their bun in the oven. I only take comfort in the fact he had over 1,000 others buffalo'ed as well. Yes, we all drank the Kool-Aid (with some snake-oil on the side).
Take your medicine. Go to bed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,481 - 56,500 of58,480
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••