Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61672 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

SMOL parishoner

Buffalo, NY

#55628 Apr 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Artie couldn't get along with his school principals. He wanted to get close to kids and their watchful eyes got in his way. But, the last principal spanked him like a baby and out his butt went. He messed with the wrong principal! Now, Artie is confined to a nursing home and can't be in a parish.
You are incorrect. Our principal never had nor has a problem with Fr. Smith. I do not know what you are talking about but it appears to be slander.
Warsaw Phil

Saint James, NY

#55629 Apr 26, 2013
Two Eastern Archbishops have been kidnapped in Syria. One is Antiochene Orthodox and brother of Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch; the other I Syro-Jacobite. No one is sure of the identity of the kidnappers. The driver and deacon of the Antiochene Archbishop were killed. Please remember them in your prayers. (This story is being largely ignored in the American press.)
Warsaw Phil

Saint James, NY

#55630 Apr 26, 2013
Closings wrote:
<quoted text>Definitely! No question about it! Face the reality, you pastors!
NF is definite,but also a lot of other locations. The future of the DOB does not look good.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#55631 Apr 26, 2013
Warsaw Phil wrote:
<quoted text> NF is definite,but also a lot of other locations. The future of the DOB does not look good.
I think that last statement is a little over the top. There will always be a DOB. Too bad that they are not more interested in bringing the people back. You have your orthodox church, what are you going to do with it?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55632 Apr 26, 2013
SMOL parishoner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. Our principal never had nor has a problem with Fr. Smith. I do not know what you are talking about but it appears to be slander.
I don't care what you know, I know better.

Don't confuse me with someone who is trying to convince you of something.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55633 Apr 26, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Sister? you are like a dog with a bone! OMG! Everything you are trying to prove is not true actually is and you have laid it out quite nicely (you are a year or two off but not by much.) I am concerned that you are so consumed with hatred for Fr. I am not sure that is healthy. What exactly do you believe he did to you to incur this unhealthy and frightening anger?
Oh, I think you're a bit confused. I don't have any hatred for you, Artie. My concern is that you are deceitful, especially on here. I think you protest too much when accused of being Art and that alone tells me a great deal. By the way,that isn't the only point that revealed that you are Artie. Also, you have said a lot of vicious things about others on here. I don't appreciate those comments and how you were deceitful in going about it.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55634 Apr 26, 2013
Warsaw Phil wrote:
Two Eastern Archbishops have been kidnapped in Syria. One is Antiochene Orthodox and brother of Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch; the other I Syro-Jacobite. No one is sure of the identity of the kidnappers. The driver and deacon of the Antiochene Archbishop were killed. Please remember them in your prayers.(This story is being largely ignored in the American press.)
The Great American Press is busy interviewing Martha Stewart. The reporting is so High School it is sickening. Just like the Catholic Paper. Are there any journalists around anymore?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55635 Apr 27, 2013
Warsaw Phil wrote:
<quoted text> NF is definite,but also a lot of other locations. The future of the DOB does not look good.
Sister Destructo has spoken!
Closings

Wilson, NY

#55637 Apr 29, 2013
What is going on at St. Peter's Church in Lewiston?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55638 Apr 29, 2013
Closings wrote:
What is going on at St. Peter's Church in Lewiston?
Why? What have you heard?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55639 Apr 29, 2013
What about St. Bernard's in Youngstown? Will they be merging into St. Peter's soon?
Warsaw Phil

Saint James, NY

#55640 Apr 29, 2013
All of the above, sooner or later.
anonymous

Tonawanda, NY

#55641 Apr 29, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
What about St. Bernard's in Youngstown? Will they be merging into St. Peter's soon?
What church is Corpus Christi merging into?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55642 Apr 29, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The Great American Press is busy interviewing Martha Stewart. The reporting is so High School it is sickening. Just like the Catholic Paper. Are there any journalists around anymore?
Well said! A journalist like Matt Lauer with a 25 million dollar contract is interviewing Martha Stewart because we are supposed to be interested in her dating life. With all that is going on in the world, it's worse than High School and pretty pathetic just like the local papers secular and religious.

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#55643 Apr 29, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Call the people from Corpus Christi, they can tell you how to save it.
Bowlink!
Anonymous

United States

#55644 Apr 29, 2013
Justice in Philadelphia,if you can believe it.

http://ncronline.org/news/accountability/phil...
Anonymous

United States

#55645 Apr 29, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is an example.
Contemporaneous accusations of abuse against Catholic priests are extremely rare, recently averaging only 8.5 allegations per year for the entire United States. Compare such numbers in the Catholic Church with those of our nation's public schools. Just in New York City alone, there were "248 complaints of sexual misconduct involving school employees" reported just in the first three months of 2012.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55646 Apr 30, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Haaa Haaaa.
My Church with 10 X's more members than CC closed, and somehow, the Diocese is allowing CC to stay open with two other Churches right next door. WOW.
What is wrong with this picture?
Maybe CC refuses for Merge.
Maybe We should have done that.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55647 Apr 30, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Haaa Haaaa.
My Church with 10 X's more members than CC closed, and somehow, the Diocese is allowing CC to stay open with two other Churches right next door. WOW.
What is wrong with this picture?
Maybe CC refuses for Merge.
Maybe We should have done that.
If you don't know by now how and why CC stays open, you are either naive or ignorant of the ways of the DOB and those two little Polish Bishops and Sinister Destroyer. Instead of being envious, you should try to learn something from CC.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55648 Apr 30, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Corpus Christi is not merging with anybody. The churches to weep for are St. Gerard, St. Ann and St. Adalbert. Some loudmouth
know it all from this blog should find some guts and do something.
Where is the media, where are the journalists, where are the preservationists who want to save every chicken coop. Where are the parasites who only want to make money on the East side whenever they can? Beautiful Architecture is not just a Catholic issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump heads to Long Island for lavish costume p... 44 min Fcvk tRump 5
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... 2 hr Nurse Suzie 208
Gay teen hookup (NYC area) Fri ethan-sam7 4
anybody ever get carded for a lighter?! (Jul '08) Fri Native 86
News New York Would Rather Defend Illegal Immigrants... Fri Wildchild 3
News News Tough-on-corruption NY prosecutor tells Tr... Fri anonymous 4
News New Rule Bans Smoking In Public Housing Nationwide Thu WTF 3
More from around the web