Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,677)

Showing posts 53,521 - 53,540 of58,475
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tarcisius

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Did anybody go the Rochester Spa last night?
Tarcisius

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Is John Madsen still travelling with his 'special companion?'
Eleuterius

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

No more news and info about Jim Monaco!
Another Cover-up

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Another Cover-up wrote:
Rumor has it that Fr. Gallagher was accused of some inappropriate contact with boys while at St. John Vianney prior to his sudden retirement and that parents were paid-off by the diocese to keep quiet. Anyone know the facts? Was it in the news? If it is true, why is he ministering at another parish now?
Years ago Gallagher was very close to Bob Cunningham, but once Bob became a bishop and more aware of Gallagher's gay escapades, he tried to distance himself from him. Perhaps when he was accused of inappropriate contact with boys while at St. John Vianney, Bob was still willing to help out his old friend in order to protect him. Nevertheless, its obvious they wanted to protect Gallagher.
Eleuterius

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Another Cover-up wrote:
Another Cover-up wrote:
Rumor has it that Fr. Gallagher was accused of some inappropriate contact with boys while at St. John Vianney prior to his sudden retirement and that parents were paid-off by the diocese to keep quiet. Anyone know the facts? Was it in the news? If it is true, why is he ministering at another parish now?
Years ago Gallagher was very close to Bob Cunningham, but once Bob became a bishop and more aware of Gallagher's gay escapades, he tried to distance himself from him. Perhaps when he was accused of inappropriate contact with boys while at St. John Vianney, Bob was still willing to help out his old friend in order to protect him. Nevertheless, its obvious they wanted to protect Gallagher.
Is he now on a chopping block?
Eleuterius

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Do not dry your laundry in the open!
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Eleuterius wrote:
Do not dry your laundry in the open!
Like you did with the Montanists? LOL!
Warsaw Phil

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Those of us who keep their ears to the ground and know what is really going on, know that Cunningham was quite tight with the gay element in the DOB. sorry, I am not divulging any names, but there are quite a few priests, seminarians and others have also noticed what I have observed and can verify my insights.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tarcisius wrote:
<quoted text>Not true? Depends!
The only thing that matters is if somebody sues the diocese. If there are no legal charges anybody can make up anything they want.
But do we have to believe them?
Buffalo - NY

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Easter Monday wrote:
Is Rogliano back from Rome? What did he do there?
He went with group of good friends. That's all ...
Eleuterius

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Buffalo - NY wrote:
<quoted text>
He went with group of good friends. That's all ...
Are you sure? Are you positive?
Eleuterius

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Warsaw Phil wrote:
Those of us who keep their ears to the ground and know what is really going on, know that Cunningham was quite tight with the gay element in the DOB. sorry, I am not divulging any names, but there are quite a few priests, seminarians and others have also noticed what I have observed and can verify my insights.
Is names are not given, what is the point of making a generic statement???
Eleuterius

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

The sentence should have started with if not is
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Eleuterius wrote:
Correcting ones grammar is always appreciated! LOL!
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

"I see him with the eyes of my heart" His Holiness speaking of John XXIII.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tarcisius wrote:
<quoted text>Did you join in? Or, just became an observer?
I watched for a while until I could take no more.

I quickly shed my clothing, slathered my balloon knot with spittle, grabbed my ankles and waited for my comeuppance.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Eleuterius wrote:
We know, we know, none of us are great typists. Priests always had secretaries except the ones who were too cheap to pay for one.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
The priests are supposed to be better than all of us , remember? That's why they are not forgiven when they are accused , justly or wrongfully. When is the Pope going to visit one of them or wash their feet?
I think the pope is a sharpie who knows all about politically correct. He lived through a lot of politically incorect. I hope he is for real ( like Buffalo for real) but I doubt it.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Give me a pair of stilts to walk through this quagmire.
Perseus

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Another Cover-up wrote:
Another Cover-up wrote:
Is this real?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 53,521 - 53,540 of58,475
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••