Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
Epikeia

Buffalo, NY

#55224 Apr 1, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
The priests are supposed to be better than all of us , remember? That's why they are not forgiven when they are accused , justly or wrongfully. When is the Pope going to visit one of them or wash their feet?
The pope will never wash the feet of his priests, because it is not politically correct in today's day and age.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55225 Apr 1, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
The priests are supposed to be better than all of us , remember? That's why they are not forgiven when they are accused , justly or wrongfully. When is the Pope going to visit one of them or wash their feet?
Were did you hear that? I am not that young and I never heard that in my life. This is a bit wacked!
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#55226 Apr 1, 2013
Warsaw Phil wrote:
<quoted text>If you have checked out some of most postings on this blog, you will note that I have been constantly berating 795 for the cover-up. Malone has the moral responsibility to reveal the names of the 45 or so abusers in the DOB,whose identities are still unknown.(One them recently established himself with the diocese in Hawaii. Yes,one of your friends from SJV,Art.) I hope Francis does well and will gain further rapport with young and old alike. I'd love to hear him speak in English. I hope he'll chant. And yes, some liturgical rites may need altering. Let's do that without confusing priest and people alike. Remember the years '64 to 70 or so, when very few knew what they were doing.
I keep asking the same question. Why are some protected in a cover up and some are thrown out and allowed to be treated like trash especially when there is no evidence no trial and no kids.
Do you have to be in the inner circle or be somebody's relative?
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#55227 Apr 1, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Were did you hear that? I am not that young and I never heard that in my life. This is a bit wacked!
I heard it in the Buffalo Rocket . The same place that I heard that the pope is going to visit Buffalo on his way to New York from Toronto. He will be following the same money trail of the HSBC executives. He will also stop at 795 to congratulate them on what a great job they are doing.
Warsaw Phil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#55228 Apr 1, 2013
Francis wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably someone like Fred Ingalls has already been humiliated enough. Is there really a reason to have to hurt him just to satisfy your curiosity?
You are probably right. Fred admitted his guilt and has endured enough humiliation. I never knew him that well. He was a difficult person to get to know. He should be left alone. My real aim is the larger cover-up that is still going on in the DOB and the attitude behind it.
Dyngus Day

Buffalo, NY

#55229 Apr 1, 2013
Epikeia wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the real Epikeia!
you are an imposter!!!
victim

Buffalo, NY

#55230 Apr 1, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep asking the same question. Why are some protected in a cover up and some are thrown out and allowed to be treated like trash especially when there is no evidence no trial and no kids.
Do you have to be in the inner circle or be somebody's relative?
Good question.Who determines which ones are tried or which ones get transfered? Are priests exempt from the criminal courts?
Dyngus Day

Buffalo, NY

#55231 Apr 1, 2013
Epikeia wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope will never wash the feet of his priests, because it is not politically correct in today's day and age.
you are an imposter.
Easter Monday

Buffalo, NY

#55232 Apr 1, 2013
Another Cover-up wrote:
Rumor has it that Fr. Gallagher was accused of some inappropriate contact with boys while at St. John Vianney prior to his sudden retirement and that parents were paid-off by the diocese to keep quiet. Anyone know the facts? Was it in the news? If it is true, why is he ministering at another parish now?
What is going on with Fr. Gallagher? Is he now on a chopping block?
Easter Monday

Buffalo, NY

#55233 Apr 1, 2013
Is Rogliano back from Rome? What did he do there?
Anon

Roxbury, CT

#55234 Apr 1, 2013
Easter Monday wrote:
<quoted text>What is going on with Fr. Gallagher? Is he now on a chopping block?
Some years ago my friend walked into Gallagher's house while he was having sex with some young guy, so nothing surprises me.

Buffalo, NY

#55235 Apr 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Some years ago my friend walked into Gallagher's house while he was having sex with some young guy, so nothing surprises me.

If you are so free to put it on this blog, what did you do about it then. Probably nothing because it is not true.
Eastern Tuesday

Buffalo, NY

#55236 Apr 2, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he the only one that did that? Nobody else in the diocese?
Tarcisius

Buffalo, NY

#55237 Apr 2, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you join in? Or, just became an observer?
Tarcisius

Buffalo, NY

#55238 Apr 2, 2013
reply wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are so free to put it on this blog, what did you do about it then. Probably nothing because it is not true.
Not true? Depends!
Tarcisius

Buffalo, NY

#55239 Apr 2, 2013
How was the Dyngus Day?
Tarcisius

Buffalo, NY

#55240 Apr 2, 2013
Did anybody go the Rochester Spa last night?
Tarcisius

Buffalo, NY

#55241 Apr 2, 2013
Is John Madsen still travelling with his 'special companion?'
Eleuterius

Buffalo, NY

#55242 Apr 2, 2013
No more news and info about Jim Monaco!
Another Cover-up

Buffalo, NY

#55243 Apr 2, 2013
Another Cover-up wrote:
Rumor has it that Fr. Gallagher was accused of some inappropriate contact with boys while at St. John Vianney prior to his sudden retirement and that parents were paid-off by the diocese to keep quiet. Anyone know the facts? Was it in the news? If it is true, why is he ministering at another parish now?
Years ago Gallagher was very close to Bob Cunningham, but once Bob became a bishop and more aware of Gallagher's gay escapades, he tried to distance himself from him. Perhaps when he was accused of inappropriate contact with boys while at St. John Vianney, Bob was still willing to help out his old friend in order to protect him. Nevertheless, its obvious they wanted to protect Gallagher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
At Koch summit, Rand Paul splits with Cruz, Rubio 1 hr Le Duped 4
U.S. braces for 'historic' blizzard as storms s... 1 hr Ray 1
Snow blows across a road in Dufferin County on ... 1 hr Ray 1
Why we need to address population growth's effe... 4 hr Earthling-1 3
'The Return' takes new look at Polish Jewish re... Sun Clear Dharma 1
New York Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver arrest... Fri Bloodsucker 11
Sharpton Prays for Silver Jan 23 Rev Al 1
More from around the web