Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62433 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Warsaw Phil

Saint James, NY

#55125 Mar 30, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I was educated by the Jesuits. You all should have known better. "Liberation Theology", "Vatican II", "Peace and Justice".
Must I continue? LOL!
Francis I is Arrupe re-incarnate. More personal relations,lovey-dovey,etc. Less doctrine,spirtuality, prayers. A repeat of the '70's. Just when there were some signs of improvement. Result: expect fewer vocations,sooner or later.
anonymous

New York, NY

#55126 Mar 30, 2013
Warsaw Phil wrote:
<quoted text> Francis I is Arrupe re-incarnate. More personal relations,lovey-dovey,etc. Less doctrine,spirtuality, prayers. A repeat of the '70's. Just when there were some signs of improvement. Result: expect fewer vocations,sooner or later.
Bullfeathers.
correction

New York, NY

#55127 Mar 30, 2013
Warsaw Phil wrote:
<quoted text> Just when there were some signs of improvement.
Bullfeathers.
Mary of Magdela

New York, NY

#55128 Mar 30, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your head outof the SAND
If my head is in the SAND, it is where you put it.
anonymous

New York, NY

#55129 Mar 30, 2013
Warsaw Phil wrote:
<quoted text> Just when there were some signs of improvement.
This seems to indicate that all HAD seemed hopeless before....suddenly: signs of improvement. Why was I not made aware of the hopelessness? Hence: head in the SAND but not without YOUR help.
Epikeia

Tonawanda, NY

#55130 Mar 30, 2013
Hopefully, Holy Thursday event by washing females feet in the Vatican by Pope Francis will not create another Liturgical Ambiguity!
Epikeia

Tonawanda, NY

#55131 Mar 30, 2013
What is being done with the heretical theologians around the world? What about the ideological influences across the globe? Is anybody going to resolve the docrinal ambiguities in the seminaries across the nations? Who is a Doctrinal Policeman at this time?
Epikeia

Tonawanda, NY

#55132 Mar 30, 2013
Will the present Holy Father be able to handle the complex and intricate problems in the Curia itself? Financial Problems? Docrtinal Problems? And many other problems?
Epikeia

Tonawanda, NY

#55133 Mar 30, 2013
Do not forget your Catholic Charities contributions. A noble cause in this area for almost a 100 years. Keep doing good!
Epikeia

Tonawanda, NY

#55134 Mar 30, 2013
Warsaw Phil wrote:
<quoted text> Francis I is Arrupe re-incarnate. More personal relations,lovey-dovey,etc. Less doctrine,spirtuality, prayers. A repeat of the '70's. Just when there were some signs of improvement. Result: expect fewer vocations,sooner or later.
Which priest likes to put up with certain very unsual and most of the time bellicose and belligerent individuals found practicly in every parish across the diocese?Some of them keep calling the Chancery without giving their names, most the time extremely trivial things. And in some cases the Chnacery acts on these anonymous calls by adding more pain to the priests.
Epikeia

Tonawanda, NY

#55135 Mar 30, 2013
Vocations will flourish when the families increase their faith instead of blaming everybody else but themselves.
Epikeia

Tonawanda, NY

#55136 Mar 30, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Paladino owns the lot next to St. Anthony's. Accidentally.
So what?
Holy Saturday

Tonawanda, NY

#55137 Mar 30, 2013
Hopefully, this Holy Saturday, will change the lives of many Catholics locally and across the nation!
Holy Saturday

Tonawanda, NY

#55138 Mar 30, 2013
Most churches will have 8:00 PM tonight. There is no 4:00 pm in any church today on Holy Saturday. Do not go around by shopping for 4 pm mass, you will never find one today. Easter Sunday, in most churches the mass schedule is the same as on any other Sunday during the year.Happy Easter!
Epikeia

Tonawanda, NY

#55139 Mar 30, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Can you explain the meaning of the word lagguage and to whom it applies at this time? Can you also explain the meaning of the word Epikeia and the meaning of it as it applies to this situation? Are you sure you did not mean to use the word echinacea? It would apply to this situation more than epikeia since someone brought up the lovely gardens on the property. Or maybe you meant to use the word epicurious because when the wealthy swells are invited to mingle with the bishop, certainly some food must be involved. Could you kindly explain yourself and the meaning behind what you post?
As one of the presidents said,"Read my lips." Open a dictionary, and find the answers for yourself!
Epikeia

Tonawanda, NY

#55140 Mar 30, 2013
Fr. Joseph Dowdell is retiring in June. There will be one priest ordained in June. The life goes on!
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#55141 Mar 30, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>If my head is in the SAND, it is where you put it.
WHOA!!!!!!!! This is a first! I did not write this. Get your own name!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55142 Mar 30, 2013
Holy Saturday wrote:
Most churches will have 8:00 PM tonight. There is no 4:00 pm in any church today on Holy Saturday. Do not go around by shopping for 4 pm mass, you will never find one today. Easter Sunday, in most churches the mass schedule is the same as on any other Sunday during the year.Happy Easter!
Happy Easter to you!
News

Tonawanda, NY

#55143 Mar 30, 2013
The Holy Father is being attacked in The Buffalo News by washing the feet of two female inmates in Rome. Is Pope Francis setting a precedent for all bishops and priests around the world to follow? What is it? His reputation is being ruined with all the negative news. Is he going to press charges against the journalists around the globe? Will this be a 'global papal war?' Was this just another 'coup d'eglise?'
News

Tonawanda, NY

#55144 Mar 30, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Easter to you!
Happy Easter to all, not to me only!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 2 hr Common Sense 1,869
Andrew Cuomo, Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibr... Fri Local 4
News 24 individuals indicted for possessing material... (Jun '12) Thu Haha 23
A wake up message for dizzy Liberals Jul 18 The Carburetor 1
Andrew Cuomo: Another Corporate Democrat Jul 18 Local 4
News The Latest: Trump tweets back at 'Morning Joe' Jul 16 people of america 9
News Some Central New York Towns That Are 'World Fam... Jul 13 trash alert 5
More from around the web