Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59975 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Boys

Buffalo, NY

#54924 Mar 23, 2013
How is Fr. Yetter doing now?
Closings

Buffalo, NY

#54925 Mar 23, 2013
Which parishes will close this year in DOB?
Closings

Buffalo, NY

#54926 Mar 23, 2013
Which parish in DOB is known as the 'cinderella parish?'
Closings

Buffalo, NY

#54927 Mar 23, 2013
Which parishes will close in Dunkirk, Lackawanna, Buffalo, Cheektowaga, Depew, Kenmore, Amherst, Niagara Falls, Tonawanda, Lockport, Batavia, etc.?
Closings

Buffalo, NY

#54928 Mar 23, 2013
St. Charles Borromeo closed in 2008 in the Falls, and as of today is not sold yet.It is now rented to another Christian Community.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#54929 Mar 23, 2013
Sadly I have been informed that Msgr. Ayoub has passed away. God's Speed!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54930 Mar 23, 2013
Closings wrote:
Which parish in DOB is known as the 'cinderella parish?'
NF?
Closings

Buffalo, NY

#54931 Mar 23, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
NF?
Could you be more specific about it?
Palm Sunday

Buffalo, NY

#54932 Mar 23, 2013
Peace or Revenge? Forgiveness or Punishment? Good or Evil?
Recent Purchase

Buffalo, NY

#54933 Mar 23, 2013
One day ahead of the papal conclave in Rome, the scandal hit Holy See purchased a $31 million share of the Rome apartment block that houses Europe’s biggest gay sauna. It's a move that has left a sea of red faces to match the red capes of the horrified cardinals. But Cardinal Ivan Dias, the head of the Congregation for Evangelization of Peoples, who participated in the papal election at the Sistine Chapel, may be blushing more than most.
The 76-year-old 'prince of the church' enjoys a 12-room apartment on the first-floor of his magnificent palazzo, located at 2 Via Carducci, just yards from the ground floor entrance to the gay bath house and sauna.
There are 18 other Vatican apartments in the block, many of which house priests. Here's the advertising pitch from the gay sauna's website:'Behind this door an exciting and comfortable world is waiting for you. A place created by males and for males only. A place where you will forget about stress, uncertainties, fears and enjoy the priceless pleasure of being yourself!
'Here you will find: king turkish bath, finnish sauna, giant whirlpool, waterfall whirlpool, relaxation rooms with videos, gym with Tecnogym equipments, cinema, aesthetics - solarium - massage, parties - shows - surprises, music therapy and aromatherapy, chromotherapy and the EMC Cafe' open non-stop!'
One ray of light amid the rolling PR nightmare still plaguing the church is this: thanks to generous tax breaks the church received from the last Berlusconi government, it will have avoided hefty payments to the Italian state.
Meanwhile Italian gay websites have been laughing uproariously over the news. On the Gay.it site one wag quipped:'Oops, I took the wrong door, I thought it was the chapel.'

Follow us:@IrishCentral on Twitter | IrishCentral on Facebook
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54934 Mar 23, 2013
Concern wrote:
<quoted text>What is Dyngus Day? Sounds very suggestive!
It is a special day for Phony people like Mr. and Mrs. Preggie.
Will they be in the parade?
Will they be on the Corpus Christi Float?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54935 Mar 23, 2013
Boys wrote:
How is Fr. Yetter doing now?
He is taking a vacation every month and planning a Mediteranian Cruise to celebrate his anniversary.
Warsaw Phil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54936 Mar 23, 2013
Recent Purchase wrote:
One day ahead of the papal conclave in Rome, the scandal hit Holy See purchased a $31 million share of the Rome apartment block that houses Europe’s biggest gay sauna. It's a move that has left a sea of red faces to match the red capes of the horrified cardinals. But Cardinal Ivan Dias, the head of the Congregation for Evangelization of Peoples, who participated in the papal election at the Sistine Chapel, may be blushing more than most.
The 76-year-old 'prince of the church' enjoys a 12-room apartment on the first-floor of his magnificent palazzo, located at 2 Via Carducci, just yards from the ground floor entrance to the gay bath house and sauna.
There are 18 other Vatican apartments in the block, many of which house priests. Here's the advertising pitch from the gay sauna's website:'Behind this door an exciting and comfortable world is waiting for you. A place created by males and for males only. A place where you will forget about stress, uncertainties, fears and enjoy the priceless pleasure of being yourself!
'Here you will find: king turkish bath, finnish sauna, giant whirlpool, waterfall whirlpool, relaxation rooms with videos, gym with Tecnogym equipments, cinema, aesthetics - solarium - massage, parties - shows - surprises, music therapy and aromatherapy, chromotherapy and the EMC Cafe' open non-stop!'
One ray of light amid the rolling PR nightmare still plaguing the church is this: thanks to generous tax breaks the church received from the last Berlusconi government, it will have avoided hefty payments to the Italian state.
Meanwhile Italian gay websites have been laughing uproariously over the news. On the Gay.it site one wag quipped:'Oops, I took the wrong door, I thought it was the chapel.'
My suspicion is that most priests inclined to go to gay bathhouses would do so in areas,where their identity would not be recognized. Many DOB priests head to Rochester or Toronto. There are also websites that offer the services of gay male prostitutes,which would be in the price range for most DOB priests. Is there a gay bathhouse in Buffalo? I just don't know.
sex

Buffalo, NY

#54937 Mar 23, 2013
Grand Island wrote:
What is this island famous for?
Swingers weekends!
Palm Sunday

Buffalo, NY

#54938 Mar 23, 2013
Recent Purchase wrote:
Do they have a peepshow area also?
Palm Sunday

Buffalo, NY

#54939 Mar 23, 2013
Warsaw Phil wrote:
<quoted text> My suspicion is that most priests inclined to go to gay bathhouses would do so in areas,where their identity would not be recognized. Many DOB priests head to Rochester or Toronto. There are also websites that offer the services of gay male prostitutes,which would be in the price range for most DOB priests. Is there a gay bathhouse in Buffalo? I just don't know.
Perhaps, you might not be very far from the truth.
Palm Sunday

Buffalo, NY

#54940 Mar 23, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>He is taking a vacation every month and planning a Mediteranian Cruise to celebrate his anniversary.
Is Yetter going alone on those cruises?
Palm Sunday

Buffalo, NY

#54941 Mar 23, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a special day for Phony people like Mr. and Mrs. Preggie.
Will they be in the parade?
Will they be on the Corpus Christi Float?
You never know these days what could happen!
Palm Sunday

Buffalo, NY

#54942 Mar 23, 2013
Anonimous wrote:
<quoted text>
He admitted he had acted out his natural orientation
and apparently he fell-out with his partners.
Is that possible for the red hat?
Palm Sunday

Buffalo, NY

#54943 Mar 23, 2013
sex wrote:
<quoted text>Swingers weekends!
On Grand Island?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 16 hr lavon affair 16,789
News Gay Muslim documents his pilgrimage in "A Sinne... 18 hr Muslims are liars 1
News Bush says Trump 'is not the conservative he cla... Tue wild child 1
News Women who married the enemy Tue neductd dtslg 3
News Tier economy: Only Puerto Rico worse Mon LOL 15
Hillay is stuck in the muck Aug 31 Amy and Mia 14
News The reality of having 'sex like a man' Aug 31 bobby sle 2
More from around the web