Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61064 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Bingo

Lancaster, NY

#54885 Mar 21, 2013
spotted wrote:
Just wondering----
recently seen, is Chalupka working or Shopping at Aldi's????
He is working in the freezer aisle
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54886 Mar 21, 2013
Marriage wrote:
Holy Father does not support the gay marriages since they are against the divine plan.
They are also against the nature plan. They are part of the freaks of nature plan. They should all move to Grand Island or some moslem country where they wil be most welcome.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54887 Mar 21, 2013
Holiness wrote:
Is Poblocki's reputation tarnished by some bloggers with their posts here on this page? How is he responding to these writings: forgiveness, or revenge.And he is not the only one on these blogs being scrutinized for his 'actions.'
Do we have to believe every so called journalist ( more like hacks) and blogger with an agenda of trashing anybody they don't like. Shouldn't we look for our own evidence and proof instead of relying on the garbage mouths?
Anon 2

Lancaster, NY

#54888 Mar 22, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we have to believe every so called journalist ( more like hacks) and blogger with an agenda of trashing anybody they don't like. Shouldn't we look for our own evidence and proof instead of relying on the garbage mouths?
I personally have ask Fr. Rick if he reads this blog, he says he really can't be bothered. People can say what they want, he knows what kind of priest he is...and obviously the people at St. Josaphats church like him. Dunkirk dupa seems to have a problem with him though.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54889 Mar 22, 2013
Anon 2 wrote:
<quoted text>I personally have ask Fr. Rick if he reads this blog, he says he really can't be bothered. People can say what they want, he knows what kind of priest he is...and obviously the people at St. Josaphats church like him. Dunkirk dupa seems to have a problem with him though.
I miss Dunkirk.
Occasion

Tonawanda, NY

#54890 Mar 22, 2013
Anon 2 wrote:
<quoted text>I personally have ask Fr. Rick if he reads this blog, he says he really can't be bothered. People can say what they want, he knows what kind of priest he is...and obviously the people at St. Josaphats church like him. Dunkirk dupa seems to have a problem with him though.
If you like to be considered as good priest: do not give an opportunity to people to talk about you by exposing yourself to risky situations by travelling together, having frequent dinners in public, etc.Fr. Richard is a good priest!
Occasion

Tonawanda, NY

#54891 Mar 22, 2013
Frequenting gays bars will bring someone's reputation down. Travelling for 'business purposes' with females will be another example of 'ruining' someone's reputation. Do not blame others if you expose yourself to different and various risky situations!
Occasion

Tonawanda, NY

#54892 Mar 22, 2013
It takes two to entangle yourself in some kind of risky 'adventures.'
Occasion

Tonawanda, NY

#54893 Mar 22, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
They are also against the nature plan. They are part of the freaks of nature plan. They should all move to Grand Island or some moslem country where they wil be most welcome.
Why isGrand Island so 'famous?'
Shawn

Tonawanda, NY

#54894 Mar 22, 2013
Bingo wrote:
<quoted text>He is working in the freezer aisle
Are you monitoring Fr. Chalupka's work? Did anybody monitor telephone conversation of Fr. Ciambella when he was stationed at St. Joseph's in the Falls? He eventually left the priesthood, and married a woman with whom he had 3 boys. Apparently, now he is already divorced.
Shawn

Tonawanda, NY

#54895 Mar 22, 2013
Anon 2 wrote:
Fr. Poblocki is not a priest of revenge, like some others. He is compassinate and dedicated priest. He does not travel with 'business companions' at all.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#54896 Mar 22, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to let this go but I can not. Nature? what do you know about nature? Your vitriolic comment leads me to believe that you are either in the closet or scared to death that you are gay. No normal person would respond the way you do. If you are not gay, then you are simply uninformed because being gay is as "natural" as being non-gay. As to your Grand Island comment, I hope you are not referring to a particular couple as I happen to know one who are good, hardworking, homeowners. PS I think it is against the law to harass your neighbors.
Shawn

Tonawanda, NY

#54897 Mar 22, 2013
The Buffalo News published an article about the Jesuit Pope and the US nuns. All sisters should faithfully follow the Holy Father and the Magisterium. This goes also for all priests, and there will be no 'popularity contest' amongst the priests.Everyone will be treated fairly, however, this is not the case.
Shawn

Tonawanda, NY

#54898 Mar 22, 2013
Publish in your parish bulletins all the information about different activities, including the financial situation, and there will be no problems. Be transparent, and everyone will believe you!
Shawn

Tonawanda, NY

#54899 Mar 22, 2013
What is Fr. Jeffrey Nowak doing these days?
Closings

Tonawanda, NY

#54900 Mar 22, 2013
Are any parishes and schools closing this year?
Explanation

Tonawanda, NY

#54901 Mar 22, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to let this go but I can not. Nature? what do you know about nature? Your vitriolic comment leads me to believe that you are either in the closet or scared to death that you are gay. No normal person would respond the way you do. If you are not gay, then you are simply uninformed because being gay is as "natural" as being non-gay. As to your Grand Island comment, I hope you are not referring to a particular couple as I happen to know one who are good, hardworking, homeowners. PS I think it is against the law to harass your neighbors.
What are you trying to say?
Jesus was gay

Buffalo, NY

#54902 Mar 22, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
They chose to be gay the same day that you chose to be straight.(That is, if you are straight)
March Madnes

Buffalo, NY

#54903 Mar 22, 2013
Shawn wrote:
What is Fr. Jeffrey Nowak doing these days?
Trying to hide his homosexuality.
P ssy Willow

Buffalo, NY

#54904 Mar 22, 2013
Did the Irish Bishop appear at the Broadway Market to open the Easter shopping season by cutting into the sacred sausage? I can't wait for the joy of Dyngus Day when the East Side Polonia erupts in crowds of drunken suburban youth so that Eddie Dobosiewicz and Marty Biniasz and all the other suburban Polonia leaders can proclaim at least for a day that the East Side is on a rebound. Vivat for a resurgent East Side Polonia!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arizona says it has run out of drugs for execut... 56 min Paul P Tretiakoff 1
News Mayor of London Boris Johnson meets Hillary Cli... (Feb '15) 9 hr Mandingo jr 17
News new Police find heroin mill behind NYC candy sh... Fri Wholly Silicon Wafer 10
News .com | Trump hails Brexit vote on visit to Scot... Fri tomin cali 1
News Bush says Trump 'is not the conservative he cla... (Sep '15) Fri Romneycare killed... 11
News Clinton failed to hand over key email to State ... Jun 23 Democrat Hero 4
News After Orlando shooting, gay leaders turn to old... Jun 22 Christsharians on... 56
More from around the web