Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62731 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anonymous

Saint James, NY

#54239 Feb 22, 2013
John also was quite friendly with Schihl,who has since married and become a conservative activist Pat Robertson's University. Grosz was also tight with Schihl.
Where_s the beef

Buffalo, NY

#54240 Feb 22, 2013
Gay Bars wrote:
Is anyone heading to a bar tonight, since it is Friday?
Just a reminder.... no meat on Fridays during Lent.
Couples

East Amherst, NY

#54241 Feb 22, 2013
Where_s the beef wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a reminder.... no meat on Fridays during Lent.
Mattulke and Orlowski will have their own meat as well as Gaglione and Kowalczyk, and few others.
Couples

East Amherst, NY

#54242 Feb 22, 2013
anonymous wrote:
John also was quite friendly with Schihl,who has since married and become a conservative activist Pat Robertson's University. Grosz was also tight with Schihl.
Grosz was tight with his uncontrollable lips.Nothing surprising!
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#54243 Feb 22, 2013
People wrote:
How long are we going to tolerate certain priests who are totally incapable of running the parishes? Spending money for unnecessary things!
Not all priests or parishioners are good stewards. Some may be dishonest and some are just incompetent and some are just lazy. The Bishop should appoint an independent financial committee like a control board to manage and supervise every committee and fundraising event in every single parish and school. The parishioners should be demading it by now in view of all the millions that have been stolen. Surprising there is any money left at all.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#54244 Feb 22, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't we get rid of everything that was built for us in the past. Why did Father Baker build Our Lady of Victory when he had no money and so many poor people around him. Why don't we tear it down like St. Barbara. All the Catholics in Lackawanna will fit in St. Michaels (Shack ) Church. Why didn't anybody build something beautiful in the suburbia now that everybody
was rich. And why is the suburbia so afraid of the beautiful churches in Buffalo? And why does the suburbia copy everything that the churches in Buffalo are doing? And why does the suburbia parish with the most money have to make a commercial on television like the lawyers and plumbers? Is this the new evangelizing? television commercial but no money to maintain the most beautiful churches in this diocese?
Regarding TV commercials....The City Mission Commercial at least mentions Jesus!! Some of us have heard of him...The St Gregory commercial only names and shows the pastor, is this a Gatto or a gotcha?
Bosco

Lancaster, NY

#54245 Feb 22, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding TV commercials....The City Mission Commercial at least mentions Jesus!! Some of us have heard of him...The St Gregory commercial only names and shows the pastor, is this a Gatto or a gotcha?
I detect a bit of JEALOUSY in your post. Gattcha
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54246 Feb 22, 2013
Bosco wrote:
<quoted text>I detect a bit of JEALOUSY in your post. Gattcha
You haven't gotten me, because if I had the money for a TV spot I would do something much more worthwhile. We are all jealous, especially when we are told that things are so great in suburbia but you still need Bingo and fish fries and spaghetti dinners and Polish dinners and Italian dinners and lawn fetes. The way into every church is through the stomach of the faithful. If I want a Fish Fry I'll go to Long John Silver at least there won,t be a phony pastor there to greet me.
Money

East Amherst, NY

#54247 Feb 23, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all priests or parishioners are good stewards. Some may be dishonest and some are just incompetent and some are just lazy. The Bishop should appoint an independent financial committee like a control board to manage and supervise every committee and fundraising event in every single parish and school. The parishioners should be demading it by now in view of all the millions that have been stolen. Surprising there is any money left at all.
Grosz was spending money for renovations like a drunken sailor. Other priests were using money for their rectory tables that amounted even to 20,000 dollars a year. What is going on?
Churches

East Amherst, NY

#54248 Feb 23, 2013
I am a parishioner, and I have every right to go to any church I decide to go. No bishop or pastor can forbid me to go to any church since it is a public building for everyone to go in. If some pastors are pissed off, too bad. Let them learn that churches are not their fiefdoms, but rather public places for anyone to enter it when is open for services.
Andrew

East Amherst, NY

#54249 Feb 23, 2013
Fr. Andrew Lauricella became de facto a new 'pastor' of linked parishes in the Falls of St. Mary's and Divine Mercy. Is Fr. Houghson loosing his parochial vicar to these new demands at these two places?
Friday

East Amherst, NY

#54250 Feb 23, 2013
Last night was a busy night at the Rochester Spa with several priests attending special events at this place. Do you know their names?
Friday

East Amherst, NY

#54251 Feb 23, 2013
WarsawPhil wrote:
Has Paul Miceli ever been seen in Buffalo, along side Malone?
Oh, yes, he was seen here in Buffalo with his friend Malone. They have a summer hut somewhere in the area of Cape Cod.
Drugs

East Amherst, NY

#54252 Feb 23, 2013
What happened with a monsignor from a Cathedral Church somewhere in Connecticut? Is he still selling drugs and sex?
Spy

East Amherst, NY

#54253 Feb 23, 2013
Does a priest have right to take vacation every month like the one from our parish in the Falls at Divine Mercy? Is their a provision in Canon Law of the Church for that?
John

East Amherst, NY

#54254 Feb 23, 2013
Did John Mack go last night to Rochester? Did anybody see him there? Is he reeducating seminarians according to his 'specialized spirituality?'
Pope

East Amherst, NY

#54255 Feb 23, 2013
Apparently, a new pope will come from Budapest, Hungary, and his name is Peter Erdo. He is about 62 years old and speaks about 6 foreign lenguages.
Pope

East Amherst, NY

#54256 Feb 23, 2013
Will the new pope eventually advance Grosz to some higher position instead of being a 'behind the scene' doing what?Is his fate sealed like the one for other auxiliary bishops who served this diocese before?
Divine Mercy Parishioner

East Amherst, NY

#54257 Feb 23, 2013
I cut my collection from 10 dollars to 2 dollars weekly since Fr. Jacek Mazur is constantly traveling, and never home in his own parish. Who is paying for all these trips? The parish?
Divine Mercy CCD

East Amherst, NY

#54258 Feb 23, 2013
I left that parish since their program is poorly organized. Fact!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 13 min ConsiderThis 212
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 2 hr Squach 2,782
News Survey: SUNY Geneseo, Binghamton among nation's... (Jan '08) Thu Jim 23
International dating changed my mind Thu loving35 1
Somo lajeocoas vczaos satorotaz coante te coste... Dec 10 Somoslvltatsltrvr... 1
Lo asemo argoe ibians lohjoe le iterbrteamos co... Dec 10 Soylvrtcotecotlteke 1
Somos lo vietmnamitas hootez vercrozanoz irasev... Dec 10 Somoskocvamhlvrethmz 1
More from around the web