Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
52,441 - 52,460 of 58,646 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
WarsawPhil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54153 Feb 18, 2013
Heating bill at CC!? One more reason why it will have to close. A will many other parishes. The handwritin is on the wall. Regina is getting her clipboard ready.
Anonymous

United States

#54154 Feb 18, 2013
anon wrote:
If the Pope lives at the Vatican is he protected from prosecution? Let's say someone turns up evidence that he was aware of abuses when he was in his previous job. Is he immune?
As head of state, the Pope can not be prosecuted.
After February 28, the bishop emeritus of Rome (or Father Benedict?) willspend 2 months as a Vatican citizen in Castelgandolfo (which is Vatican territory) and then willlive inside the Vatican. The Vatican does not have extradition treaties with any country. That's how thousands of Jews were saved during WWII...
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54155 Feb 18, 2013
WarsawPhil wrote:
Heating bill at CC!? One more reason why it will have to close. A will many other parishes. The handwritin is on the wall. Regina is getting her clipboard ready.
It is almost like they heat that huge place with it's Huge buildings for the chosen few.
I will not give money because of the money Chalupka took.
I cannot believe they have renters in the old convent.
How many? Is it up to code by city regulations?
close it!
Father Kegler

Lancaster, NY

#54156 Feb 18, 2013
anon wrote:
I noticed the 10,000$ heating bill at Corpus Christi while I was reading the bulletin yesterday in the freezing cold Church.
We heat the convent for a few women who live there and work at the Broadway market in the bakery, and we heat the Kolby building for AA meetings, and the Athletic building for bowling and beer drinking on Friday's and bingo on Saturday. We are so few who go to CC, WHY are we heating 5 Huge buildings? Instead of asking for more money, I would like to see better stewardship of the funds that have already been given. Then I will give more.
What is more important than friday nights at the hall .Drinking and bowling are one in the same my little one.
Father Kegler

Lancaster, NY

#54157 Feb 18, 2013
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, the gay bowling and party joint in the Athletic center.
I have said it before-close that place down.
I also have it from a very good source that Chalupka is lurking around that place again. What? looking for another victim?
There will always be money for bowling , beer and strippers.
Party

Buffalo, NY

#54158 Feb 19, 2013
Father Kegler wrote:
<quoted text>There will always be money for bowling , beer and strippers.
And the main strippers are Chalupka, Bialkowski, and Jacek Mazur.
Rochester Spa

Buffalo, NY

#54159 Feb 19, 2013
I could not see John Mack at this famous spa last night. Where in the world did he go? Toronto?Hamilton? Fort Erie?
Regina

Buffalo, NY

#54160 Feb 19, 2013
WarsawPhil wrote:
Her clipboard is totally empty. She is securing her job by doing nothing. In the past 5 years she did not revisit any of the areas to close mroe churches. She is constantly 'studying' the annual financial reports, but doing nothing. Regina is milking the Diocese, and unwilling to do anything constructive.Her clipboard is tabula rasa for the past 5 years.
WarsawPhil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54161 Feb 19, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>Her clipboard is totally empty. She is securing her job by doing nothing. In the past 5 years she did not revisit any of the areas to close mroe churches. She is constantly 'studying' the annual financial reports, but doing nothing. Regina is milking the Diocese, and unwilling to do anything constructive.Her clipboard is tabula rasa for the past 5 years.
All that is going to change towards the end of the year and thereafter. The DOB just doesn't have the financial and personnel resources to continue the way it has done for the past few years. JF&G was only the first step. It will be followed by something like JF&G II,sooner or later. Just watch.
Could it Be

United States

#54162 Feb 19, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
As head of state, the Pope can not be prosecuted.
After February 28, the bishop emeritus of Rome (or Father Benedict?) willspend 2 months as a Vatican citizen in Castelgandolfo (which is Vatican territory) and then willlive inside the Vatican. The Vatican does not have extradition treaties with any country. That's how thousands of Jews were saved during WWII...
That the pope is stepping down for failing to change the churches views on abuse? Perhaps he wanted to ban all of the abusers from the catholic church for what they did and was fought not to? Maybe he isnt such a bad guy..
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54163 Feb 19, 2013
Is this true:There was an international arrest warrent secured for the Pope's arrest on Feb.I,2013.
Seminary

Buffalo, NY

#54164 Feb 19, 2013
Bishop Malone, get Fr. John Mack our from the Seminary! He is a homosexual, and his influence on these men is not very good to begin with. Is he still 'studying' in Toronto? What gay bath is he 'studying at?'
Anonymous

United States

#54165 Feb 19, 2013
anon wrote:
Is this true:There was an international arrest warrent secured for the Pope's arrest on Feb.I,2013.
Jeffrey Anderson has tried to bring the pope (who is mext?)
to his kangaoor court for a long time. He wants hte Vatican
to sell St. Peter's Basilica to the Muslims!

Bishop Malone

Collins, NY

#54166 Feb 19, 2013
Seminary wrote:
Bishop Malone, get Fr. John Mack our from the Seminary! He is a homosexual, and his influence on these men is not very good to begin with. Is he still 'studying' in Toronto? What gay bath is he 'studying at?'
Why are you interested? Do you want to visit him there?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54167 Feb 19, 2013
Could it Be wrote:
<quoted text>
That the pope is stepping down for failing to change the churches views on abuse? Perhaps he wanted to ban all of the abusers from the catholic church for what they did and was fought not to? Maybe he isnt such a bad guy..
It was the computer hacking that really did him in.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54168 Feb 19, 2013
Can a lay person become Pope?
Gay

Buffalo, NY

#54169 Feb 19, 2013
Seminary wrote:
Who cares who is gay. Should all gays be removed from their job?
Get a real life, and get with it.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54170 Feb 19, 2013
Gay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares who is gay. Should all gays be removed from their job?
Get a real life, and get with it.
The only gays that should be and should have been removed are the pedophiles. Yes! we know that not all gays are pedophiles BUT all the pedophile priests are gay. Whattt uppp wittt dattt?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54171 Feb 19, 2013
WarsawPhil wrote:
Regina has nothing to do with Corpus Christi. It's timee to let Corpus Christi rest and keep doing what it's doing, without all of you who know it all but really know nothing.

anon

Buffalo, NY

#54172 Feb 19, 2013
anon wrote:
I noticed the 10,000$ heating bill at Corpus Christi while I was reading the bulletin yesterday in the freezing cold Church.
We heat the convent for a few women who live there and work at the Broadway market in the bakery, and we heat the Kolby building for AA meetings, and the Athletic building for bowling and beer drinking on Friday's and bingo on Saturday. We are so few who go to CC, WHY are we heating 5 Huge buildings? Instead of asking for more money, I would like to see better stewardship of the funds that have already been given. Then I will give more.
You should be grateful for the 10 extra years of life that Corpus Christi has gained thanks to a few very commited people who were more interested in the Church than in the private life of the priests and parishioners. If you can't get past that you have no business complaining. It's a beautiful place, shut up and enjoy it. If you can't shut up, enjoy it anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 4 hr Lol 16,781
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 5 hr CNY SUNYPIES 81
Secrets of Mexico's flying snake gods Wed Faith 4
Fugitive - Donald Eugene Webb (D.E.W.) Wed Wimpy 1
New York Meat Truck Driver Charged in Stinky Spill Wed Syloc 2
'Poor Door' in a New York Tower Opens a Fight O... Aug 27 Perplexed 1
World's oldest man, Alexander Imich, dies at ag... Aug 27 PatchWork 7
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••