Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61250 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Warsaw Phil

Saint James, NY

#54138 Feb 16, 2013
Don't worry,guys. All of the above are going to happen sooner or later. Malone is still trying to hang on a bit longer to his honeymoon. But sooner or later relay will kick in,and Regina will have her clipboard out. Alternate worship sites will be reduced, more parishes will be closed. Rome has actually started the initiative for reducing the number of seminaries. There is little at SJV/CTK that merits its staying open. The financial prospects are ambiguous, and there are very few students actually preparing for ordination. The one-time jewel in crown of the diocese,intended as a model for future seminaries in the USA will disappear.
Polish National

United States

#54139 Feb 16, 2013
Why the Pope is quitting wrote:
Watch this documentary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GpDqPucLrtgXX
Dotting the Is and crossing the Ts:
http://www.themediareport.com/2013/01/05/rich...
There are far more abuses in ohter professions.
Some 14,000 young people are introduced through our borders
every year for the pleasure business.
Benny

Buffalo, NY

#54141 Feb 17, 2013
Polish National wrote:
<quoted text>
Dotting the Is and crossing the Ts:
http://www.themediareport.com/2013/01/05/rich...
There are far more abuses in ohter professions.
Some 14,000 young people are introduced through our borders
every year for the pleasure business.
Those abuses over the border are considered heinous and illegal. The church abuses are considered moral because clergy were involved.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54142 Feb 17, 2013
The church has been self governing. Sex traffic is handled by government agencies.
Anonymous

United States

#54143 Feb 17, 2013
Why is it taking so long?
A program Pontificate... 35 years ago. Wonderful!

http://www.papaluciani.com/eng/anecdotes/anec...
Pope

East Amherst, NY

#54144 Feb 18, 2013
Are we going to get a 'cinderella pope' from the Falls by name Jacek?
Il Papa

East Amherst, NY

#54145 Feb 18, 2013
African or South American?
Divine Baby

East Amherst, NY

#54146 Feb 18, 2013
Is another 'divine baby' on the way since Chalupka is very horny these days?
Rochester Spa

East Amherst, NY

#54147 Feb 18, 2013
Did anybody see last night Fr. John Mack at this famous spa?What does the Seminary say about it?
News

East Amherst, NY

#54148 Feb 18, 2013
The Pope's health is dramaticly worsening day by day as TV says.
News

East Amherst, NY

#54149 Feb 18, 2013
Cape Code and Provincetown are frozen in snow. Therefore, Micelli and Malone are frozen as well. Keep hoping for warmer days to sun yourself in the privacy of your summer hut!
anon

Lancaster, NY

#54150 Feb 18, 2013
I noticed the 10,000$ heating bill at Corpus Christi while I was reading the bulletin yesterday in the freezing cold Church.
We heat the convent for a few women who live there and work at the Broadway market in the bakery, and we heat the Kolby building for AA meetings, and the Athletic building for bowling and beer drinking on Friday's and bingo on Saturday. We are so few who go to CC, WHY are we heating 5 Huge buildings? Instead of asking for more money, I would like to see better stewardship of the funds that have already been given. Then I will give more.
responder

Lancaster, NY

#54151 Feb 18, 2013
anon wrote:
I noticed the 10,000$ heating bill at Corpus Christi while I was reading the bulletin yesterday in the freezing cold Church.
We heat the convent for a few women who live there and work at the Broadway market in the bakery, and we heat the Kolby building for AA meetings, and the Athletic building for bowling and beer drinking on Friday's and bingo on Saturday. We are so few who go to CC, WHY are we heating 5 Huge buildings? Instead of asking for more money, I would like to see better stewardship of the funds that have already been given. Then I will give more.
You mean, the gay bowling and party joint in the Athletic center.
I have said it before-close that place down.
I also have it from a very good source that Chalupka is lurking around that place again. What? looking for another victim?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54152 Feb 18, 2013
If the Pope lives at the Vatican is he protected from prosecution? Let's say someone turns up evidence that he was aware of abuses when he was in his previous job. Is he immune?
WarsawPhil

Saint James, NY

#54153 Feb 18, 2013
Heating bill at CC!? One more reason why it will have to close. A will many other parishes. The handwritin is on the wall. Regina is getting her clipboard ready.
Anonymous

United States

#54154 Feb 18, 2013
anon wrote:
If the Pope lives at the Vatican is he protected from prosecution? Let's say someone turns up evidence that he was aware of abuses when he was in his previous job. Is he immune?
As head of state, the Pope can not be prosecuted.
After February 28, the bishop emeritus of Rome (or Father Benedict?) willspend 2 months as a Vatican citizen in Castelgandolfo (which is Vatican territory) and then willlive inside the Vatican. The Vatican does not have extradition treaties with any country. That's how thousands of Jews were saved during WWII...
Anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#54155 Feb 18, 2013
WarsawPhil wrote:
Heating bill at CC!? One more reason why it will have to close. A will many other parishes. The handwritin is on the wall. Regina is getting her clipboard ready.
It is almost like they heat that huge place with it's Huge buildings for the chosen few.
I will not give money because of the money Chalupka took.
I cannot believe they have renters in the old convent.
How many? Is it up to code by city regulations?
close it!
Father Kegler

Lancaster, NY

#54156 Feb 18, 2013
anon wrote:
What is more important than friday nights at the hall .Drinking and bowling are one in the same my little one.
Father Kegler

Lancaster, NY

#54157 Feb 18, 2013
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, the gay bowling and party joint in the Athletic center.
I have said it before-close that place down.
I also have it from a very good source that Chalupka is lurking around that place again. What? looking for another victim?
There will always be money for bowling , beer and strippers.
Party

East Amherst, NY

#54158 Feb 19, 2013
Father Kegler wrote:
<quoted text>There will always be money for bowling , beer and strippers.
And the main strippers are Chalupka, Bialkowski, and Jacek Mazur.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Prince Was A Homophobe, What Does That Make ... 5 hr Fa-Foxy 5
News Andrew Jackson is getting bumped from the $20 12 hr Jenna Torrey 197
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers Tue Billy Joe 114
News A true leader, Hillary clears a bar set high Tue Mark Twain 80
News Thousands More Clinton Emails to Be Released Tue Stephany McDowell 1
News The Latest: Trump pledges probe of Clinton Foun... Tue Stephany McDowell 1
Rape is fun Mon Kim 2
More from around the web