Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 20 comments on the Oct 14, 2007, WGRZ Buffalo story titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Building

Buffalo, NY

#54094 Feb 13, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad he didn't take over St. Gerard's. What a horrible shame. St. Gerard is falling apart and St. Lawrence is falling apart. St. Gerard is much more beautiful but nobody appreciates beauty in this part of the world. They would rather be in a little inexpensive hut.
Why you people did not stay where the church building are? Why did you move to the suburbia?
Misfits

Buffalo, NY

#54095 Feb 13, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should someone who is 86 worry about prosecution? Should he retire to Buffalo with all of the other retired and un retired misfits that are here.? That would be real penance.
Are you the first misfit here in Buffalo?
Chancery

Buffalo, NY

#54096 Feb 13, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean he went full steam ahead with this caper without permission from the Bishop? According to the "Christmas Newsletter" which can be found on the "Historic Holy Trinity" website, they were given permission by the DIOCESE. Who in the diocese? Could someone other than the Bishop give permission?
Only the Bishop can give a permission. However, it is a known fact that Jacek Mazur likes to act like a bishop in the Falls. He is inexperienced and volatile 'pastor' who needs more training in the priestly life.
Lent

Buffalo, NY

#54097 Feb 13, 2013
Last night the Shrove Tuesday ushered in a new season. However, it also 'perforated' few sex experiences last night at Corbin/Glassmire's famous party.Is your rearebend okey this morning?How about the front?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54098 Feb 13, 2013
I have answered this before (verbally) but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, so I will answer it again: Prisons are full of misfits...everyone in a prison is a misfit so they should fit right in. That was my only request: that the criminals should go to jail for the longest sentence allowed by law.
Rectories (no matter how rough the neighborhood) are NOT prisons. I am not concerned with their comfort as they were not concerned with mine (ours). They will be fed and receive healthcare in prison. In a rectory, they will 'save face'. I am certainly as concerned with them 'saving face' as they were with me (us)'saving face'. The others would not be going to prison if these 'misfits' had done their job. In a rectory, they will have others to do their bidding (trust me!).
Lent

Buffalo, NY

#54099 Feb 13, 2013
Is John Mack busy by reeducating the young men how to be gay?
Lent

Buffalo, NY

#54100 Feb 13, 2013
Did Joe R. suck anyone last night at the famous Shrove Tuesday Party?
Lent

Buffalo, NY

#54101 Feb 13, 2013
Did Corbin get any fresh and new 'heads' at the party hosted by him and Glassmire?
Lent

Buffalo, NY

#54102 Feb 13, 2013
Where is Mattulke and Orlowski these days? The famous gay couple of the diocese!
The Red Carpet

Buffalo, NY

#54103 Feb 13, 2013
Next on the red carpet, we have the Pope wearing a fabulous vintage chiffon-lined Dior gold lame gown over a silk Vera Wang empire waist tulle cocktail dress, accessorized with a 3-foot beaded peaked House of Whoville hat, and the ruby slippers Judy Garland wore in the Wizard of Oz, is....

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/9823/pope5...

....on his way to tell us it's wrong to be gay.
The Red Carpet

Buffalo, NY

#54104 Feb 13, 2013
LOL
I got the "mean judgement" for the comment up above.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Get over it!
Red RobeIs

Buffalo, NY

#54105 Feb 13, 2013
The Red Carpet wrote:
Next on the red carpet, we have the Pope wearing a fabulous vintage chiffon-lined Dior gold lame gown over a silk Vera Wang empire waist tulle cocktail dress, accessorized with a 3-foot beaded peaked House of Whoville hat, and the ruby slippers Judy Garland wore in the Wizard of Oz, is....
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/9823/pope5...
....on his way to tell us it's wrong to be gay.
Is that coming from Ted Berg and his famous gay party every Shrove Tuesday?
Red Robe

Buffalo, NY

#54106 Feb 13, 2013
Is the new pope going to wear red robe from now on?
The Red Carpet

Buffalo, NY

#54107 Feb 13, 2013
Red RobeIs wrote:
<quoted text> Is that coming from Ted Berg and his famous gay party every Shrove Tuesday?
Guess again.:)
The Red Carpet

Buffalo, NY

#54108 Feb 13, 2013
Awwww....... My comment has been judged as mean (2), incendiary and nuts.

HAHAHAHAHA!

They like me, they really, really like me!
LOL
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54110 Feb 14, 2013
Happy Valentine's Day!
anony

Buffalo, NY

#54111 Feb 14, 2013
Divine Child, O divine Child,
We worship you today.

You came to us some years ago,
we watched you grow and play.

Your mother and father were O so phony,
they handed us so much baloney.

We pray to you, remove our pain,
We never will trust those priests again.

CC
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54112 Feb 14, 2013
anony wrote:
Divine Child, O divine Child,
We worship you today.
You came to us some years ago,
we watched you grow and play.
Your mother and father were O so phony,
they handed us so much baloney.
We pray to you, remove our pain,
We never will trust those priests again.
CC
Happy Birthday daughter of Anzelm
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54113 Feb 14, 2013
Did everyone give up blogging for Lent?
anonymous

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54114 Feb 14, 2013
Is it true? Slubecky forged a new passport of himself,saying his real name is Petrus,and that he was born in Rome?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 1 hr Le Jimbo 715
News DiNapoli posts latest list of fiscally stressed... 3 hr They Just Dont Un... 1
News Is the online surveillance of black teenagers t... 5 hr Ace of Spades 1
News Scott Walker's Immigration Shift at Odds With K... 6 hr Le Jimbo 80
News State warns Boy Scouts about discriminating aga... 10 hr Wondering 115
News Jenner's transgender reveal applauded 20 hr Wall 10
Is there a nice hotel/apartment available in Ne... Fri 123dino 1
More from around the web