Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59689 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

United States

#54074 Feb 11, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Rumor has it that the next Pope will again be of Polish descent.
What do you all think?.... Will it be Chalupka?
Perhaps Bialkowski?
It might go back to an Italian...
Pope

Buffalo, NY

#54075 Feb 11, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Perhaps Bialkowski?
It will be Jacek Mazur with his divine inspiration at his 'famous' parish in the Falls.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#54076 Feb 11, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Perhaps Bialkowski?
I've got my money on Kmiec.
Coincidence that he retired and now the Pope retires?
I think not.
Benny

Buffalo, NY

#54077 Feb 11, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
I will be retaining my West Milford blog address,when I move to Rome.
Would you do a better job with the abuse scandal than I did.
Msgr Goodski

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54078 Feb 11, 2013
Definitely. And as punishment for the DOB, I am making Slubecky the next bishop.
Msgr Goodski

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54079 Feb 12, 2013
Re accusations and canonical trials. It is true that not all acusationson bishopaccountability come from canonical trials,bu most of them are substantiallly documented by either self-admission, (e.g. Robert Wood, Bernie Mach,John Aurelio) or legal documents (e,g, Spielman). Canonical trials are extremey rare and cumbersome and church jurists are always flustered when they have to conduct them. They are so rare that court officers are not always sure of correct procedure. I doubt that there has ever been a canonical trial in the DOB.
Msgr Goodski

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54080 Feb 12, 2013
One priest who should know a lot about canonical trials in Nicholas Gruner of the Fatima Crusade in fort Erie. Got questions,ask him. (He used to have an office at the corner of Baliey and Kensington,near the now defunct St. James Church.)
Msgr Goodski

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54081 Feb 12, 2013
Canonical trials are secret. Bishop Nicholas Elko of Pittsburgh was convicted in a church court in Rome in 1967 and even today,no one knows for sure what the accusations against him were.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54082 Feb 12, 2013
Episcopus wrote:
<quoted text>The Bishop never changed his mind. Jacek Mazur is trying to be a 'bishop' on his own and do his own things without paying any attention to any conseuqences. As usual! Enexperienced and dumb!
Do you mean he went full steam ahead with this caper without permission from the Bishop? According to the "Christmas Newsletter" which can be found on the "Historic Holy Trinity" website, they were given permission by the DIOCESE. Who in the diocese? Could someone other than the Bishop give permission?
Stranded in the Snow

Buffalo, NY

#54083 Feb 12, 2013
Jacek Mazur was stranded in the snow somewhere in USA and could not come to say his lucrative masses at his places in the Falls last Saturday. Was Marg accompanying him on this 'secretive trip?'
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#54084 Feb 12, 2013
Perhaps wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. Lord knows how much he hacked his little schnitzle over little polish priests. Perhaps thats why the one got suspended because he hacked little boys after he was hacked by paparazzi. To bad the faghags gooches were too dry to keep him straight. Ah well.
I really think you should go on Dateline NBC with your evidence.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54085 Feb 12, 2013
Perhaps wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. Lord knows how much he hacked his little schnitzle over little polish priests. Perhaps thats why the one got suspended because he hacked little boys after he was hacked by paparazzi. To bad the faghags gooches were too dry to keep him straight. Ah well.
I think you really need to get off your fat a*ss and call the DA on this one. You shouldn't let anyone get away with child abuse!
Canon Law

Buffalo, NY

#54086 Feb 12, 2013
Can. 332&2.If it should happen that the Roman Pontiff resigns his office, it is required for validity that he makes the resignation freely and that it be duly manifested, but not that it be accepted by anyone.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#54087 Feb 12, 2013
It is a good thing that Rat has resigned. I would just like to know why he is going to stay in Vatican City. Maybe because they have immunity from prosecution? Just asking.
Polish National

United States

#54088 Feb 12, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
It is a good thing that Rat has resigned. I would just like to know why he is going to stay in Vatican City. Maybe because they have immunity from prosecution? Just asking.
Some people did not like Ratz when he was elected in the first place
and they will certainaly not like the next pope either.

Ratz may be name nuncio to the Sovereign Order of the Nights of Malta
and commute between St. Peter's and Piazza di Spagna.... with international diplomatic immunity!
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54089 Feb 12, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
He can stay in Vatican City for the same reason that all these bishops decide to stay in Buffalo. They are comfortable here.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54090 Feb 12, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
One priest who should know a lot about canonical trials in Nicholas Gruner of the Fatima Crusade in fort Erie. Got questions,ask him.(He used to have an office at the corner of Baliey and Kensington,near the now defunct St. James Church.)
Too bad he didn't take over St. Gerard's. What a horrible shame. St. Gerard is falling apart and St. Lawrence is falling apart. St. Gerard is much more beautiful but nobody appreciates beauty in this part of the world. They would rather be in a little inexpensive hut.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54091 Feb 12, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
The people who call themselves catholic are sorry to see Benedict go. He was a great man of intellect. He will be missed. He has no equal but he would be the first to pray for someone better.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54092 Feb 12, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
Why should someone who is 86 worry about prosecution? Should he retire to Buffalo with all of the other retired and un retired misfits that are here.? That would be real penance.
Holy

Buffalo, NY

#54093 Feb 13, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
You are realy a sick individual. Go to a psychologist as soon as possible!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 20 hr serfs up 1,081
News Perspective: Hitler, as seen by Russia Tue NAZI RUSSIA 103
News A. Barton Hinkle: Anti-Immigration Conservative... Tue Who guessed it 3
News Kim Kardashian posts throwback photos to fairyt... Tue KnutesNiche 1
News A Memorial Day test for Hillary Clinton May 24 goonsquad 1
anybody ever get carded for a lighter?! (Jul '08) May 23 darrell Wayne 76
News Cartoon contest organizer known for inflammator... May 23 Who 132
More from around the web