Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Oct 14, 2007 Read more: WGRZ Buffalo 59,456
The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Read more
Rochester Spa

Buffalo, NY

#54012 Feb 9, 2013
Did John Mack make his trip last night to this famous 'gay resort' in his native place?Is he reeducating the seminarians at CKS according to his 'divine vision?'
Ted Berg

Buffalo, NY

#54013 Feb 9, 2013
Is LiPuma going to perform the 'famous dance' at the Shrove Tuesday Party at Corbin's place? Who else would do it?
Divine Baby

Buffalo, NY

#54014 Feb 9, 2013
Where is Chalupka these days? Is he frozen in time?
Husky Priest

Buffalo, NY

#54015 Feb 9, 2013
Everyone is running after Poblocki's body. Especially, those vicious women.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54017 Feb 9, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Most pedophiles are heterosexual men and women. I think you are confusing them with men whose emotional growth was stunted and who think of themselves as teenagers who are attracted to teenagers. I believe this is a man-made condition brought to us by the wackadoodles that ran the seminaries.
Msgr. Goody, please repeat your 80% percent statistic for Mary. She pretends she doesn't understand that we are not talking about the general population, we are talking about the percentage of priests. I know that it's a subject she wants to avoid. She should go back to practicing the oldest profession. I would be more of a service than writing on this blog.
Judge Judy

Buffalo, NY

#54018 Feb 9, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Msgr. Goody, please repeat your 80% percent statistic for Mary. She pretends she doesn't understand that we are not talking about the general population, we are talking about the percentage of priests. I know that it's a subject she wants to avoid. She should go back to practicing the oldest profession. I would be more of a service than writing on this blog.
Yes, I am Jacek's friend, and I urge you to practice the oldest profession in the world.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#54019 Feb 9, 2013
Homosexual wrote:
<quoted text>Choice? Really? For numerous priests?
You don't think it is a deliberate choice for a priest who has homosexual tendencies to act on them instead of remaining loyal to his vow of celibacy? His disordered sexual urges mean more to him than his eternal soul? I wonder how men entered the priesthood for the sex. After all homosexuality didn't become touted as a good thing until recently. Remember, God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He told us in Scripture homosexuality is an abomination. No matter how much homosexuals protest, that doesn't change anything. unless you consider your opinion greater than God's.
Rochester Spa

Buffalo, NY

#54020 Feb 9, 2013
Who visited last night this famous gay spa? John Mack from CKS? Anybody else?
Sisters

Buffalo, NY

#54021 Feb 9, 2013
Are they ever dress as nuns?
Shrove Tuesday

Buffalo, NY

#54022 Feb 9, 2013
Guys, are you ready for 'super party?'Who is going to emulate Ted Berg and Joe Rogliano?
Los Angeles

Buffalo, NY

#54023 Feb 9, 2013
What is going on in that archdiocese?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54024 Feb 9, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the other 20%?
Msgr Goodski

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54025 Feb 9, 2013
I recently discovered to my shock and dismay that some of the bloggers on this site, and non-bloggers,as well have never heard of the site. bishopaccountability.org . This is a complete as possible listing of those priests who have been credibly accused of sexual abuse. It is organized by diocese and names.You cn checkoutthe Diocese of Buffalo,through a map set-up, For the DOB, there are 15 names listed,though the Chancery itself has admitted that the number is around 60. Check it out. Where are the other 45 or so names?
Anonymous

United States

#54026 Feb 9, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
I recently discovered to my shock and dismay that some of the bloggers on this site, and non-bloggers,as well have never heard of the site. bishopaccountability.org . This is a complete as possible listing of those priests who have been credibly accused of sexual abuse. It is organized by diocese and names.You cn checkoutthe Diocese of Buffalo,through a map set-up, For the DOB, there are 15 names listed,though the Chancery itself has admitted that the number is around 60. Check it out. Where are the other 45 or so names?
GUILTY BY PUBLIC OPINION
Publicly Accused are clerics accused of sexual abuse of minor where) the accusations have been the subject of media coverage, press release by the diocese, andlor the cleric's name appears on lists published by advocacy groups. However, the list of BishopAccountability.com , has a disclaimer: cleerics are to be considered...innocent until proven guilty!

How credible are these lists?
In the the period July 2003 through December 2005, the Boston archidiocese exanimed 71 clerics (priests or deacons). In 32 cases, the Review Board did not find probable cause that sexual abuse of a minor had occurred.
Msgr Goodski

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54027 Feb 9, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
GUILTY BY PUBLIC OPINION
Publicly Accused are clerics accused of sexual abuse of minor where) the accusations have been the subject of media coverage, press release by the diocese, andlor the cleric's name appears on lists published by advocacy groups. However, the list of BishopAccountability.com , has a disclaimer: cleerics are to be considered...innocent until proven guilty!
How credible are these lists?
In the the period July 2003 through December 2005, the Boston archidiocese exanimed 71 clerics (priests or deacons). In 32 cases, the Review Board did not find probable cause that sexual abuse of a minor had occurred.
We are quite well aware of the limitations of the BA list and at least the Boton Archdiocese made some steps to clarify the situation. The bar of evidence for BA is quite high. You cannot simply call them and say that,"Father X molested my son". They want proof.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#54028 Feb 9, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
<quoted text>We are quite well aware of the limitations of the BA list and at least the Boton Archdiocese made some steps to clarify the situation. The bar of evidence for BA is quite high. You cannot simply call them and say that,"Father X molested my son". They want proof.
Unless I am missing something, the last entry on this .org was Mansell in 2004. However, I have a couple thoughts:
1.Someone on this blog thought I should go back to prostitution. LOL! People are in great need of a paradigm shift. Hey kids, Mary was not a prostitute.
2. That movie was on HBO today. The maxima mea thing....it is a different language. Good Grief!
3. Let's be clear here....abuse of any kind is wrong! However, time to take your faith to a new level and understand that if we were perfect....we would be in Heaven. P.S. I coined that phrase!
Anonymous

United States

#54029 Feb 9, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
<quoted text>We are quite well aware of the limitations of the BA list and at least the Boton Archdiocese made some steps to clarify the situation. The bar of evidence for BA is quite high. You cannot simply call them and say that,"Father X molested my son". They want proof.
It is enough for the son, 30 years later, to say "Father X molested me"

Besides, these lists include unsubstantiated cases, i.e. claims which, after review, are not supported by sufficient evidence to establish the PROBABILITY, let alone EVIDENSE BEEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT which can be achieved only in trial, that the accused cleric has abused a minor.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#54030 Feb 9, 2013
OK got the movie in English.(Mea Maxima Culpa) Shocking and look who is right in the middle of it!
Msgr Goodski

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54031 Feb 9, 2013
Several issues have been raised and deserve consideration. What constitute reasonable doubt in clergy sex abuse cases? How are ecclesiatical trials conducted (real mystery)? And has bishopaccountability ever been the subject of a law suit?(BTW, one civil court judge has told he even had doubts about some of these issues in the civil forum? So far, I have not found any better source than bishopaccountability.
Msgr Goodski

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54032 Feb 9, 2013
Now capitol heights, I invite you to look at the 15 cases lited to the Diocese of Buffalo on bishopaccountability and see if you can find something erroneous or malicious. The real problem is the DOB's refusal to provide information. Anyway, I and others are sincerely interested in what you can bring to our attention. The Dallas Charter is flawed in many respects,but I doubt that the bishops are going to revisit the area. They just hope it goes away. (Both Cardinal dulles and former Gov. Cuomo have criticized the Dallas charter publicly.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 15 hr MacDaddyobama 318
News White House blasts New York Post article on Cli... Mar 30 barefoot2626 140
News LI's worst offenders (Jan '07) Mar 30 Jim Mckeever 44
Is Craigslist the most corrupt and dangerous we... Mar 30 craigsdanger564 1
News Snowy Northeast To Get Brief Thaw Before Cold W... Mar 25 Carlos Burle Port... 1
News Suspected Ponzi scheme investigated (Jul '10) Mar 23 John the greatest 226
News Giuliani's fiery rhetoric clouds legacy of 'Ame... Mar 23 Lawrence Wolf 5
More from around the web