Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,615)

Showing posts 52,281 - 52,300 of58,475
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gay Life

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Is Shrove Tuesday designed to bring in all the gays together to have fun and, perhaps, some sex? Who is hosting it?
Friday

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Anybody going to the Cathode Club tonight?
Episcopus

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Is this new bishop doing anything constructive in this diocese? What is going on?
Msgr Goodski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Where is Val Littman?
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Friday wrote:
Anybody going to the Cathode Club tonight?
No, just the gay bar on Sears.
Bowling, Beer, gays, gossip, Polish treats, all in one place.
Big sausage, and piwo!
Msgr Goodski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Most pedophiles are heterosexual men and women. I think you are confusing them with men whose emotional growth was stunted and who think of themselves as teenagers who are attracted to teenagers. I believe this is a man-made condition brought to us by the wackadoodles that ran the seminaries.
Thou ART correct. You have a "better" chance of being sexually assaulted by a family member than by a Catholic priest. And prior to the'80's,there just wasn't that much discussion of the phenomenon of under age sex. Not even the mental health profession really recognized it. On characteristic of the very few individuals whom I have known to perpetrate this horrid activity,is that they tend to be quite manipulative, and use their manipulative tendencies in other areas of life, besides sexual abuse.
Msgr Goodski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Episcopus wrote:
Is this new bishop doing anything constructive in this diocese? What is going on?
I suspect he is just plodding along ,awaiting his going to Boston. Bishops,these days,know thst they are "managers of decline" and can't really be creative in their management style.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Most pedophiles are heterosexual men and women. I think you are confusing them with men whose emotional growth was stunted and who think of themselves as teenagers who are attracted to teenagers. I believe this is a man-made condition brought to us by the wackadoodles that ran the seminaries.
Well a prime example of "emotionally stunted" and thinking of himself as a teenager is Father Poblocki. On his radio show, he sounds like a cross between Eddie Haskell and Maynard Krebs. His favorite expressions are "Cool!" "Hey,man!" "Don't sweat it!" One time in church he referred to a nun as a "chick." And don't forget "that 'killer' pizza place." Talk about arrested development. He's in his mid-50s. I don't think he's attracted to teenagers though. Just enjoys perpetually being one.
Msgr Goodski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Well a prime example of "emotionally stunted" and thinking of himself as a teenager is Father Poblocki. On his radio show, he sounds like a cross between Eddie Haskell and Maynard Krebs. His favorite expressions are "Cool!" "Hey,man!" "Don't sweat it!" One time in church he referred to a nun as a "chick." And don't forget "that 'killer' pizza place." Talk about arrested development. He's in his mid-50s. I don't think he's attracted to teenagers though. Just enjoys perpetually being one.
I guess "Peter Pan" syndrome affects priests,too.
Msgr Goodski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Where are '74 ordinands Albert Witzig,from Innsbruck,and William Smith,the organist?
Anita Bryant

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Anita Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
This, from the American Psychological Association:
"Are gay men more likely to molest children? General public perception is that child molestation is directly linked to homosexuality. Perhaps it's because many continue to falsely associate homosexuality exclusively with sexual behavior and thus believe children are not safe around gay men. This misguided perception has led to widespread opposition to gay teachers, religious leaders and day care providers among others. But is the link between gays and pedophilia fact or myth?
Adoption expert, Carrie Craft cites the Child Welfare Information Gateway (previously National Adoption Information Clearinghouse) as stating, "A child's risk of being molested by his or her relatives' heterosexual partner is over one hundred times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual." The study also found that of 269 cases of child sex abuse, only two offenders where found to be gay or lesbian. The American Psychological Association agrees, "Another myth about homosexuality is the mistaken belief that gay men have more of a tendency than heterosexual men to sexually molest children. There is no evidence to suggest that homosexuals molest more children."
According to these reputable studies, gay men are actually less likely to molest children. So, will these myth-busters change general perception?"
My opinion to that question...... Not on THIS blog. Too many uninformed and uneducated individuals here who are still living in the early to mid 20th century. They still believe what their parents and grandparents told them about homosexuality.
To those individuals..... DO SOME READING, BECOME INFORMED, AND EDUCATE YOURSELVES!
.....AND JOIN THE 21ST CENTURY!
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
These studies were probably written by homosexuals to promote their agenda
There's one uninformed and uneducated poster right there (Anon). LOL
"THEIR AGENDA"?????..... What? You probably believe that all of the gays have formed an alliance and are out to convert all of the heterosexuals one by one. Because we ALL know it's a choice to be gay, RIGHT?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHA!
What a PUTZ!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Services wrote:
Is Jacek going to have a funeral service at St. George's Church in the Falls? What is going on with his gossipers from Divine Mercy?
St. George's is not a Catholic Church. It is Anglican.
Gays

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Anita Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
This, from the American Psychological Association:
"Are gay men more likely to molest children? General public perception is that child molestation is directly linked to homosexuality. Perhaps it's because many continue to falsely associate homosexuality exclusively with sexual behavior and thus believe children are not safe around gay men. This misguided perception has led to widespread opposition to gay teachers, religious leaders and day care providers among others. But is the link between gays and pedophilia fact or myth?
Adoption expert, Carrie Craft cites the Child Welfare Information Gateway (previously National Adoption Information Clearinghouse) as stating, "A child's risk of being molested by his or her relatives' heterosexual partner is over one hundred times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual." The study also found that of 269 cases of child sex abuse, only two offenders where found to be gay or lesbian. The American Psychological Association agrees, "Another myth about homosexuality is the mistaken belief that gay men have more of a tendency than heterosexual men to sexually molest children. There is no evidence to suggest that homosexuals molest more children."
According to these reputable studies, gay men are actually less likely to molest children. So, will these myth-busters change general perception?"
My opinion to that question...... Not on THIS blog. Too many uninformed and uneducated individuals here who are still living in the early to mid 20th century. They still believe what their parents and grandparents told them about homosexuality.
To those individuals..... DO SOME READING, BECOME INFORMED, AND EDUCATE YOURSELVES!
.....AND JOIN THE 21ST CENTURY!
Ask LiPuma!
Money

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
St. George's is not a Catholic Church. It is Anglican.
Never mind! Jacek loves money. And funerals and weddings are very lucrative these days for him. Catholic or Anglican! Who really cares! Money talks!
Homosexual

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Anita Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
There's one uninformed and uneducated poster right there (Anon). LOL
"THEIR AGENDA"?????..... What? You probably believe that all of the gays have formed an alliance and are out to convert all of the heterosexuals one by one. Because we ALL know it's a choice to be gay, RIGHT?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHA!
What a PUTZ!
Choice? Really? For numerous priests?
Msgr Goodski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

How long is LiPuma going to saty on as bishop's secetary? Can't Malone find a replacement?
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Msgr Goodski wrote:
<quoted text>Thou ART correct. You have a "better" chance of being sexually assaulted by a family member than by a Catholic priest. And prior to the'80's,there just wasn't that much discussion of the phenomenon of under age sex. Not even the mental health profession really recognized it. On characteristic of the very few individuals whom I have known to perpetrate this horrid activity,is that they tend to be quite manipulative, and use their manipulative tendencies in other areas of life, besides sexual abuse.
I am fine. Thank you for asking. As you well know, I am not fit to wipe your friends feet, however, I am sure he would send greetings.
Having taken care of that, I completely agree with you. I have a very dear friend who told me about a boys High School. He was mad because his uncle was a priest at this school. All the boys got beer, liquor, and smokes. He got sent right home. FYI, his uncle knew but was not involved.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

<quoted text>
Well. this is the kiss of death, but I think you make sense. Thank you for coming back, and NO, I am not Art.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Msgr Goodski wrote:
How long is LiPuma going to stay on as bishop's secetary? Can't Malone find a replacement?
David is a sad person. I hope he finds a life someday. He has stepped and fetched for years to no avail. When your best friend gets married, you do not refuse to go bcause it might hurt your chances at greatness, WHICH you never got.
Anon 2

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Wow, a woman scorned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 52,281 - 52,300 of58,475
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••