Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,613)

Showing posts 52,241 - 52,260 of58,480
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have to be a Corpus Christi parishioner to truly appreciate all that went on and why this baby ain't gonna get much sleep at least until Lent. This is a five-year fraud we are talking about here, not an overnight transgression.
The world will not end and Corpus Christi will not end. We will end before Corpus Christi will. Get over yourself. There were only a few parishioners with very strong far reaching fangs , most are gone, hopefully the rest will soon follow. Nobody loves a rattler.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard it at Mass on Sunday, it was all the talk!
And, no one is bothering the Child.
That child is darling, and created out of love, but hate, shame and fear, and evil caused the 5 year lie.
Lying to me and my sister, my entire family! That is VERY BAD
However, I forgive them, will have trouble forgetting about it, but wish them no harm.
I can't wait till he comes back.
You should take a class in English or Polish because you don't understand either one.
Msgr Goodski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

The John Jay study makes it clear that 82& of the abuse by Catholic priests was homosexual in nature. While there may be a large "gay" contingent among the Catholic clergy,most of these are not abusers. As a matter of fact, most Catholic priests,no matter what their sexual preferences are,find the abuse abhorrent. The Catholic church in the USA is the first body to look at ths problem from a scientific point of view. There is more to come out,but something more than a substantial beginning has taken place. The bishops are to be complimented on this.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Msgr Goodski wrote:
The LA archdiocese has finally released its documents on child abuse. When will the Buffalo diocese do the same?
Apparently, only 35% of the documents have been released
of the suspected 30,000 pages which include convicted, accused and credibly accused clergy. Please remember that "credible" does not mean "prouvable". Besides, if a case is not tried, the credibility
and the evidence of the accused is not known.

Read the letter of Gomz and Mahoney.
Something is wrong in Glocca Morra.

Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, only 35% of the suspected 30,000 pages were released and they include convicted, accused and credibly accused clergy. Please remember that "credible" does not mean "prouvable". Besides, if a case is not tried, the credibility and the evidence of the accused is not known.
OOPS! If I am not mistaken, the 12,000 documents refer to any clergy (deacons, priests and bishops) who had anything to do or was mentioned in connection with the convicted, accused and credibly accused clergy.

Read the letters by Gomez and Mahoney.
Something is wrong in Glocca Morra.
anono

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
The world will not end and Corpus Christi will not end. We will end before Corpus Christi will. Get over yourself. There were only a few parishioners with very strong far reaching fangs , most are gone, hopefully the rest will soon follow. Nobody loves a rattler.
All the Rattlers are still there.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You should take a class in English or Polish because you don't understand either one.
This is exactly how the elite at Corpus respond.
I am sorry my English is not so good.
There are many who will never live up to the wonderful few at Corpus Christ.
Still, my family and I will try to keep going even though we are not worthy, and told all the time about it.
there are many unwelcome there.
I think the unwanted at CC will be the first in line with Jesus.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything will be right when Fr. Anzelm comes back.
Corpus Christi

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Some great renewal and revival. All the money for repairs and restoration comes from outside sources. It appears that the parishioners are unable to come up with any money out of their own pockets. If the parishioners aren't coming up with their own money, where is the money going to come from for regular upkeep and maintenance once all the restoration work will be completed. Why should non parishioners subsidize a church for parishioners who have no money. You can't blame the Franciscans for neglect, the parishioners did not come up with money for upkeep. You can not blame the Franciscans for getting out when they did. There weren't any parishioners and ther wasn't any money.
Funerals and Weddings

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Corpus Christi wrote:
Some great renewal and revival. All the money for repairs and restoration comes from outside sources. It appears that the parishioners are unable to come up with any money out of their own pockets. If the parishioners aren't coming up with their own money, where is the money going to come from for regular upkeep and maintenance once all the restoration work will be completed. Why should non parishioners subsidize a church for parishioners who have no money. You can't blame the Franciscans for neglect, the parishioners did not come up with money for upkeep. You can not blame the Franciscans for getting out when they did. There weren't any parishioners and ther wasn't any money.
Why don't you charge 400 dollars for funerals and weddings like Fr. Jacek Mazur in the Falls, and you will have sufficient amount of money for everything? And your treasure/coffers will be full.
Really

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything will be right when Fr. Anzelm comes back.
Are you for real?
Batavia Barn Boy

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

What is he doing these days? Hiding in Wheatfield in his mansion? Oh,'poor' Weldgen! An aphrodite?
Seminary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Is Rev. John Mock still 'poisoning' the your and inexperience seminarians with his 'gay lifestyle' imported from Rochester?
Anita Bryant

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
aren't most molesters gay?
This, from the American Psychological Association:

"Are gay men more likely to molest children? General public perception is that child molestation is directly linked to homosexuality. Perhaps it's because many continue to falsely associate homosexuality exclusively with sexual behavior and thus believe children are not safe around gay men. This misguided perception has led to widespread opposition to gay teachers, religious leaders and day care providers among others. But is the link between gays and pedophilia fact or myth?

Adoption expert, Carrie Craft cites the Child Welfare Information Gateway (previously National Adoption Information Clearinghouse) as stating, "A child's risk of being molested by his or her relatives' heterosexual partner is over one hundred times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual." The study also found that of 269 cases of child sex abuse, only two offenders where found to be gay or lesbian. The American Psychological Association agrees, "Another myth about homosexuality is the mistaken belief that gay men have more of a tendency than heterosexual men to sexually molest children. There is no evidence to suggest that homosexuals molest more children."

According to these reputable studies, gay men are actually less likely to molest children. So, will these myth-busters change general perception?"

My opinion to that question...... Not on THIS blog. Too many uninformed and uneducated individuals here who are still living in the early to mid 20th century. They still believe what their parents and grandparents told them about homosexuality.

To those individuals..... DO SOME READING, BECOME INFORMED, AND EDUCATE YOURSELVES!
.....AND JOIN THE 21ST CENTURY!
Batavia

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

St. Anthony's Church closed its door for good. What about other churches in the Diocese? Is the Bishop still 'sleeping?' Still waiting? What? Ask the local pastors in each area!
Educated

Allston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not ok to be gay.
Check Scripture
It is also "not OK" to eat shellfish, wear clothes made of a cotton/poly blend, or speak to a woman while she's menstruating. Check scripture.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Anita Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
This, from the American Psychological Association:
"Are gay men more likely to molest children? General public perception is that child molestation is directly linked to homosexuality. Perhaps it's because many continue to falsely associate homosexuality exclusively with sexual behavior and thus believe children are not safe around gay men. This misguided perception has led to widespread opposition to gay teachers, religious leaders and day care providers among others. But is the link between gays and pedophilia fact or myth?
Adoption expert, Carrie Craft cites the Child Welfare Information Gateway (previously National Adoption Information Clearinghouse) as stating, "A child's risk of being molested by his or her relatives' heterosexual partner is over one hundred times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual." The study also found that of 269 cases of child sex abuse, only two offenders where found to be gay or lesbian. The American Psychological Association agrees, "Another myth about homosexuality is the mistaken belief that gay men have more of a tendency than heterosexual men to sexually molest children. There is no evidence to suggest that homosexuals molest more children."
According to these reputable studies, gay men are actually less likely to molest children. So, will these myth-busters change general perception?"
My opinion to that question...... Not on THIS blog. Too many uninformed and uneducated individuals here who are still living in the early to mid 20th century. They still believe what their parents and grandparents told them about homosexuality.
To those individuals..... DO SOME READING, BECOME INFORMED, AND EDUCATE YOURSELVES!
.....AND JOIN THE 21ST CENTURY!
I have said it before and I'll say it TIME AND TIME AGAIN ON HERE:

"NO TWO PRIESTS DO IT THE SAME!!!!!!!!"

Now, remember that you heard that one directly from me!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said it before and I'll say it TIME AND TIME AGAIN ON HERE:
"NO TWO PRIESTS DO IT THE SAME!!!!!!!!"
Now, remember that you heard that one directly from me!
You mean, from me!
ANON

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

anono wrote:
<quoted text>
All the Rattlers are still there.
We will have to wear snake boots instead of snow boots.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Educated wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also "not OK" to eat shellfish, wear clothes made of a cotton/poly blend, or speak to a woman while she's menstruating. Check scripture.
If you are making a comparison by making all things equal, you are devious and deviant or just sick and disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 52,241 - 52,260 of58,480
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••